7058 replies to this topic

#6561 Tank

Tank

Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationRichards Bay

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

hi everyone. i wanted to do a quick random post of a chart / compnay that i've been following the past few months. the company is reinet (rei).

i still have to figure out how to post charts on the new forum, i unfortunately dont have much time today.

if possible, can someone post a weekly chart of reinet going back 2 or 3 years. its especially interesting if you put up a 50 EMA and a 200 sma with special focus on last week's candle :)

i'll post it later this week

Attached Files

#6562 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Long SHP @R186.00 :D

Broke out above R185.50 yesterday and today came back to test!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#6563 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

shorting SHP from around current level of R192... to R206.... if she gets there!!! stop R210 

#6564 bidbud68

bidbud68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Aspen is the only 1 I am doing ok with on shorting so far, the retailing shorts were disastrous.

#6565 bidbud68

bidbud68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Aspen traded at R 220 this mornng down 3% was it during the auction and how do you put your bid/offer so as to benefit in an auction ?

#6566 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

cautionary = corporate action, in the case of aspen they are buying products from MSD. The corporate action will/can/could/should result in a fundamental change in the underlying, i.e. change in gross profit, NAV , margins etc.. which as we have seen a massive movement in the share price.

hope this helps.

Thanks Saint1

#6567 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

some hope for a relief rally on AGL from current R191 level to around R217... getting in long... stop R180

I just closed out my ANG long at 14200

#6568 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

some hope for a relief rally on AGL from current R191 level to around R217... getting in long... stop R180

#6569 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

cautionary = corporate action, in the case of aspen they are buying products from MSD. The corporate action will/can/could/should result in a fundamental change in the underlying, i.e. change in gross profit, NAV , margins etc.. which as we have seen a massive movement in the share price.

hope this helps.

HDB, could you explain what is meant by a cautionary and why would one not short a stock on a cautionary ?

Edited by saint1, 01 July 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#6570 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Never short a strong stock which is under a cautionary!!!

HDB, could you explain what is meant by a cautionary and why would one not short a stock on a cautionary ?

#6571 CJV002

CJV002

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Ps  I do not use rsi, stochs,  etc...I only use trend lines ,daily and weekly charts( nothing less than a day), current  price action and moving averages for all my cfd trades and if I get a success rate of at least 6 out of 10, then im happy!!!     :)

Thanks for the insight What ratio of risk vsrewards would you typically aim for eg do you keep very tight sl's? If you go long TFG 95 to 98, thats approx 3% reward but im guessing your stoploss would have been in the same range thus 1:1 ratio. im still struggling with this concept as eg i went long NPN last week (long at 678 and closed at 697 but sl at 634) and only realised afterwards that it gave me higher risk than reward which in my mind is not worth the risk. Im trying to focus on trades with ratio of 2:1 or more but not sure whether this is smart trading or not. I know sl is based on prev support lines and limit on resistance (range trading) but im worried im going to risk more in the end that what i stand to gain.

#6572 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ps  I do not use rsi, stochs,  etc...I only use trend lines ,daily and weekly charts( nothing less than a day), current  price action and moving averages for all my cfd trades and if I get a success rate of at least 6 out of 10, then im happy!!!     :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#6573 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi CJV002

This was an impulsive trade based on price action for the day during that time...

Seems the trade worked at that time as TFG dropped to R96.00 soon afterwards but once the widow dressing started it went back to high of the day!!

Share may go higher now next week but medium term im bearish retailers . Having said that as this was a very short term trade, I will close it on Monday if it moves up any higher and short it on the return move/ leg down which im pretty confident about!!

In actual fact I was long from about R95.00 from Wednesday and closed it at a profit and went short straight away!! B)

HDB, im always following your posts with interest as seems your success ratio higher than most, i understood the SHP short and stillthink a further short is on the cards on Monday depending whether it keeps below R186, but i dont get the logic behind shorting TFG. My charts show it mid way on stochastic and rsi on daily with no clear buy/sell indication and its only rising from recent low now. Can you maybe share some insight on why the short?

HDB

#6574 CJV002

CJV002

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Short TFG@ R98.72 

HDB, im always following your posts with interest as seems your success ratio higher than most, i understood the SHP short and stillthink a further short is on the cards on Monday depending whether it keeps below R186, but i dont get the logic behind shorting TFG. My charts show it mid way on stochastic and rsi on daily with no clear buy/sell indication and its only rising from recent low now. Can you maybe share some insight on why the short?

#6575 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Short TFG@ R98.72 

Got @9875 thanks HDB:D

#6576 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Any targets for ANG people? I want 140 but should i go for higher?

Noooooooooo, i missed it by 2c!!! :o  :o

#6577 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Any targets for ANG people? I want 140 but should i go for higher?

#6578 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Never short a strong stock which is under a cautionary!!!

Aspen hitting new highs but huge PE, for interest why not short that compared to MTN which isnt up much today ?

HDB

#6579 bidbud68

bidbud68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Aspen hitting new highs but huge PE, for interest why not short that compared to MTN which isnt up much today ?

#6580 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

NOOOOOO

Also waiting for MTN

What about Aspne up 6.5%, SHORT ?

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting