The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sorry bro. I got some to sell and best I can do is R1.80 :lol:  :D

I want to buy at R1.20 :ph34r:

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#262 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I want to buy at R1.20 :ph34r:

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#263 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Perreby the directors sold some last week...approach them hehe

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#264 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Lesson to learn...

"Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy"

Im hoping others are fearful about the impact e-toll will have on OLG's earnings.. Then I can be greedy when buying their shares at discounted rates

#265 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thats the thing.. ssshhhh!

You missing the point...  I WANT the market to overreact so I can buy more at cheaper price! :D  :unsure:

LOL sorry im a NOOB! :rolleyes:

#266 Krypt0n1te

Krypt0n1te

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationStellenbosch

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Ok Perreby and Krypto , what r u guys trying to sell us? Is this another ambush marketing trick I see?? :D

:D ;)

#267 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

You should look at what impact the e-toll costs will have on the running meters of their trucks, remember there are a lot of costs that are far more important to determine the asking price a truck drives for (Diesel, Licence fees, Insurance, Repairs & maint, depr etc) So say that they drive through 10 tolls and pay R30 per toll for R 300.00 in total, they have a 300km journey so they ask R 1/km extra because of e-toll. If they trasport 10 BMW's with an average value of R300k = R 3mil. I doubt that BMW will move to another service provider because of an extra R 300 on the costs, more important factors will be things like the time it takes to deliver or security of the stock. Don't think the market will sell of OLG because of this

Thats the thing.. ssshhhh!

You missing the point...  I WANT the market to overreact so I can buy more at cheaper price! :D  :unsure:

#268 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Ok Perreby and Krypto , what r u guys trying to sell us? Is this another ambush marketing trick I see?? :D

HDB

#269 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Im not talking about Postnet/DHL agreement etc that OLG has. Postnet makes up a very small part of the OLG business..

My concern with tolls and OLG is that they will use some e-toll roads.. (its gonna be hard to ensure 180 flatbed trucks) dont use e-toll roads.. And what if all users decide not to use toll roads.. Then you gonna start gridlocking those roads which will impact on delivery times etc.. So I suspect some e-toll road use for all courier/delivery type companies.

And if OLG charge say BMW more for delivery of cars due to e-tolls, they (BMW) will move to a different service provider who is cheaper and has the muscle to absorb the e-toll fees. Hence I am saying that OLG will in all likelyhood have to absorb some of the e-toll costs (if they decide to still use e-tolls it has to be said).

I am hoping the market fears this and sells off OLG.. Then I will be waiting to buy some more :ph34r: .

I first bought OLG at 65c and it is still my favourite small cap share.. Ask Kryptonite.. I even convinced him to buy some a long while back :D

You should look at what impact the e-toll costs will have on the running meters of their trucks, remember there are a lot of costs that are far more important to determine the asking price a truck drives for (Diesel, Licence fees, Insurance, Repairs & maint, depr etc) So say that they drive through 10 tolls and pay R30 per toll for R 300.00 in total, they have a 300km journey so they ask R 1/km extra because of e-toll. If they trasport 10 BMW's with an average value of R300k = R 3mil. I doubt that BMW will move to another service provider because of an extra R 300 on the costs, more important factors will be things like the time it takes to deliver or security of the stock. Don't think the market will sell of OLG because of this

#270 Krypt0n1te

Krypt0n1te

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationStellenbosch

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Every time I read or hear the word OLG or Onelogix I get that warm fuzz feeling and also a feeling of gratitude towards Perreby.
As Orca would say, I got into this one years and years ago... Just kidding guys, was about 2.5 years ago. I also got in under R1.00 (Hey 99c is under a rand!) :D
Execpt for my initial CML investment (credit to my lovely wife here) that's up over 300%, OLG and SPG just pulled away from 200+%.

I think what a lot of people miss between OLG and SPG, is the insane divvies OLG pay, when I bought in DY was 8%, that obviously came down with the rapid growth predicted by both Perry and Bullhunter.

Quite nice when you pass a VDS truck and you can tell your father in law that you own part of it (although it's only the left indicator bulb).

Perreby, let us know when you are a buyer again, I want to own the right bulb as well!

#271 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Gnd has come off its high of R20.00... Now turn of  SPG to pull back!! I sold half at R25.00 and will add more at R22.00

And so it begins hdb... :D

HDB

#272 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

And so it begins hdb... :D

#273 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

value group trading statement out yesterday...they feeling the pinch..

Earnings will be down +- 10%

Im not talking about Postnet/DHL agreement etc that OLG has. Postnet makes up a very small part of the OLG business..

My concern with tolls and OLG is that they will use some e-toll roads.. (its gonna be hard to ensure 180 flatbed trucks) dont use e-toll roads.. And what if all users decide not to use toll roads.. Then you gonna start gridlocking those roads which will impact on delivery times etc.. So I suspect some e-toll road use for all courier/delivery type companies.

And if OLG charge say BMW more for delivery of cars due to e-tolls, they (BMW) will move to a different service provider who is cheaper and has the muscle to absorb the e-toll fees. Hence I am saying that OLG will in all likelyhood have to absorb some of the e-toll costs (if they decide to still use e-tolls it has to be said).

I am hoping the market fears this and sells off OLG.. Then I will be waiting to buy some more :ph34r: .

I first bought OLG at 65c and it is still my favourite small cap share.. Ask Kryptonite.. I even convinced him to buy some a long while back :D

HDB

#274 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

On OLG, my parents in law own a Postnet and understanding from them that the couier companies will probably pass the e tolling costs onto the consumer, any other work they will do like deilveries ect, will be done via routes that not e tolled..... They bought OLG at when it was around 100cps and happy with the divies over the lst couple years. Still believe the company is solid and share price shows that.....

#275 gcr

gcr

gcr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationRandparkridge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

The only reason they get away with these things is because we fail to resist issues to a man. If we all stood together as one and resisted then the government of the day would back off, but we are too slapgat and don't want to create waves. You have to ask yourself - if you get poor service do you refuse to accept that service and cause a scene, or do you accept it as part of the inept delivery. If the product advertised doesn't meet its standard do you create a scene and get your money back or get recompence. I like to think that I am a pensioner from hell for service providers and product producers
Not everything that counts can be counted, and, not everything that can be counted counts - Albert Einstein

#276 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Jip, the sad thing is we can moan and try to stop the tolling but eventually they just do it,just like everything else in ths country.. Now there'll be even more money for the big guys to steal and the average person on the street suffers some more!
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#277 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Agreed...Blatant theft!! :angry:

I think all companies will pass on e toll costs to customers - so all articles in shops will be inflated over the next few months to compensate - so CPI will escalate so in essence toll fees will be a contributor to CPI and then you still need to pay the e toll fees - seems like a ponzi scheme of major proportions

HDB

#278 gcr

gcr

gcr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationRandparkridge

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think all companies will pass on e toll costs to customers - so all articles in shops will be inflated over the next few months to compensate - so CPI will escalate so in essence toll fees will be a contributor to CPI and then you still need to pay the e toll fees - seems like a ponzi scheme of major proportions

Not everything that counts can be counted, and, not everything that can be counted counts - Albert Einstein

#279 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

On OLG, my parents in law own a Postnet and understanding from them that the couier companies will probably pass the e tolling costs onto the consumer, any other work they will do like deilveries ect, will be done via routes that not e tolled..... They bought OLG at when it was around 100cps and happy with the divies over the lst couple years. Still believe the company is solid and share price shows that.....

#280 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

They will probably pass on the extra cost of e-toll to the consumer...

Dont think so.. If their prices increase, car dealerships just gets someone else (Grindrod's logistics arm, Imperial etc) to deliver cars to them from the plants and harbors. These companies have more financial muscle and can push OLG out of the market with competitive pricing (under cutting OLG prices). So OLG will have to absorb some of the costs of e-toll on their large fleet of trucks...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting