• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

The 3rd arc furnace due for completion at the end of the month plus interim results also around about same. New buyers creeping in maybe.

If for whatever reason the arc furnace gets delayed / over budget etc....lots of towels will be thrown in me thinks.

It's baby steps now, not all at the same time as management has proved unable to multi-task .

Anyone need a heads up...!

#62 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Back into the 40's again

#63 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

. Yes, it's pretty grim but I cannot bring myself to sell out because
1. Arc furnace 3 this month makes smelting operations profitable
2. Quartz Hill progressing
3. Slow recovery in Pop with more forecasted
4. Conroast proving its worth in ferro-alloys.
5. Hoping for news re alternative concentrator facility for our tailings
6. Possible increase in power generation.

Nothing really to hang your hat on, but when this share moves (up or down) it moves surprisingly fast. I am not too worried by Darwin. They do what they do, but they don't change the fundamentals..

#64 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

may now allow the shareprice to move north. At least the debt to equity conversion at this price allows a vision of upside as the new conroaster comes on stream this month.

#65 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

be wowed by Colin. He presented well, came across very genuine. The strategy, the promises... they all made complete sense and seemed absolutely achievable - hence why at one point I had over a million shares here.

It would be nice to see a recovery to a double digit sp, especially more so for the patient, long standing investors amongst us. It is not beyond the realms of possibility, be the BOD need to stop sitting on their hands and start making things happen.

Quote and Unquote  :rolleyes:

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#66 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

be wowed by Colin. He presented well, came across very genuine. The strategy, the promises... they all made complete sense and seemed absolutely achievable - hence why at one point I had over a million shares here.

It would be nice to see a recovery to a double digit sp, especially more so for the patient, long standing investors amongst us. It is not beyond the realms of possibility, be the BOD need to stop sitting on their hands and start making things happen.

#67 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hey Queen Bee 

If you have some spare cash then 34c could prove to be a nice buying level ...... BUT scroll down some thought 48c was a nice level..!

I topped off @ 40c which I though was a nice level turns out in 4 days I over paid by 15% so basically buyer beware

#68 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Do you guys think price is settling now at around 34c? Or more drop to come?

#69 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Darwin wont sell at below that ...They will now want a higher price to offload!!  Once they sold out we shud move up (hopefully).

But then who knows when or  if Investec will also start selling their stake!!

You have to take a long term view on this one. They will be lots of whiplashes short term...Just continue buy the dips!!

I have my doubts that Investec will sell anytime soon, lets face it they got a huge luck...!

Darwin WILL sell out as that's their MO, they like to be net neutral so their promo material goes.

I'm still quite pissed at this nonsense but am in it for the loooooong haul. Yeah also noticed that big sell placed at the close.

It's not so bad as I mentioned below with the renewed Eskom deal so immediate funding is not an issue any more it's the additional funding that keeps cropping up.

The dust has to setlle now which is gonna take +/- 6mths to flush through. With a bit of luck Coetzee has been fired by then.

#70 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Ps: I saw a seller at the Friday auction close of over 1m shares at 40c..So we still got to content with that seller!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#71 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Darwin have 24mil shares @ 0.0175p so work that on R18 / 1GBP you get 31c

Hold off for a while..I topped off at 40c thinking my **** don't stink.... :rolleyes:

Darwin wont sell at below that ...They will now want a higher price to offload!!  Once they sold out we shud move up (hopefully).

But then who knows when or  if Investec will also start selling their stake!!

You have to take a long term view on this one. They will be lots of whiplashes short term...Just continue buy the dips!!

HDB

#72 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Darwin have 24mil shares @ 0.0175p so work that on R18 / 1GBP you get 31c

Hold off for a while..I topped off at 40c thinking my **** don't stink.... :rolleyes:

#73 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Should we all be topping up on these at 38c now?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

That's what she said....

#74 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

While that seems like good news HDB if you check the shares in issue the directors have diluted the company by 25% in the space of 2 1/2 months.. :angry:

Simultaneously they have proved beyond any doubt they are FECKIN' IDIOTS. So now Darwin have gone not because they are not needed anymore rather because they have accomplished what they set out to do. Make money from foolish directors. Had the power alt agreement been on renewal then we probably wouldn't be talking about Darwin.

Still now they have given over 40mil shares to Investec for 1p which is a HUGE discount.

I'm SO FECKIN PISSED OFF I'VE GOT TO GO BYE.. :angry: 

I'LL FINISH MY RANT IN THE COMFORT OF MY LOUNGE 

#75 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

Part of Sens today :

Early expiration of Equity Financing Facility

The Company and Darwin have mutually agreed to cancel the GBP10 million Equity Finance
Facility (“EFF”) (as announced on 2 January 2014). There is no cost attached to the
cancellation of the EFF.

The Leech has gone finally!!  But these directors don't know what they doing. They allowed Darwin to smash the share to Pound .18 and then decide this is a bad agreement!! Even a 12 yr old would have told them....

These directors need to go.. They are fu#$ing the company value up bigtime!!

Well with Darwin gone , now there is some hope...If directors go then we sailing!!

HDB

#76 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Grand kids maybe...? I is a believer in this ass of penny junk..... yes penny junk.

But totally on board for the return move even if it is R1 .....! 

The return will come.... & with their monthly cost's covered for the rest of the year I can sit & wait comfortably.

Darwin are now I think net neutral, guys on the UK forum tracked a sell of 13mil early last week which can only be theirs. They were net long prior to that sale.

I'm not sure Darwin have any reason to short now as they can convert @ GBP  0.0182p which is also all time low that side.

Only down side is they have effectively diluted us by 25% as you are no doubt aware.

Not all doom & gloom.

Got no free cash ATM after topping up yesterday.

My bottom drawer is full of Jubilee anyway.

P.S. Wescoal will fly when they give out a trading statement next of next month.  

#77 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Southie at below 50c im filling my boots. Bought more today @40c 

Risk reward very high...Could lose the lot or become a 20 bagger in 5 years!!

Worth the risk in my opinion. One for the grandchildren I suppose!!

Ps : every time they send out a sens which they do often I must say, the price rallies on that day...Then next day boom down it goes as sellers sell into strength ( Probabily Darwin)

HDB

#78 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Down below 40c today :huh:

Yip these things happen when people get gat full, can only be selling at a loss. Little consolation driving it down to new low.   :(  

Still yesterday's good news on the Eksdom front can't be ignored.

GBP 195,000.00 per month will fund their quarterly costs.

TOOoooo many if's & when's & maybe's & possible's ATM.

Need 1 of  the above to materialize to gain some upward traction. 

#79 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Down below 40c today :huh:

#80 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Ha love it.....Same day we get an official power alert

Jubilee's excess electricity is snapped up quick quick.

No specific term just give us it now   :D  :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting