#1 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 16 February 2022 - 05:19 PM

To put it mildly:

Afdawn is a negativ asset. Only when someone buys the shell, dives through the red tape and infuses a new existing business into the shell (and this will only happen when all existing shareholders left) there is no value here. The few million to keep the books afloat are insignificant turning the big wheel.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#2 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 16 February 2022 - 05:12 PM

If there's a buyer, Are they aware of those SARS liabilities?

Quote:

"Emphasis of matter - Contingent liabilities We draw further attention to note 15 in the condensed consolidated financial statements, which indicate contingent liabilities for African Dawn Capital Limited relating to an open SARS investigation which has not been concluded on at the date of signing this review report on the condensed consolidated financial statements. If the outcome of the final appeal is unfavourable to African Dawn Capital Limited, there will be further pressure on the group's ability to continue as a going concern as presented in note 1 to the condensed consolidated financial statements. Our conclusion is not modified in respect of this matter."

That seems forlorn and is probably one on the reasons for recent interest in the shell again. Since there is no cash to fulfill these obligations they are a write off.
Afdawn is clearly bankrupt in respect of those pending liabilities. But who in ins sane mind would flog a dead horse? SARS cannot afford to bank on these obligations.

Edited by Taurus, 16 February 2022 - 05:14 PM.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#3 Pratlou

Pratlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 04:36 PM

If there's a buyer, Are they aware of those SARS liabilities?

#4 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 16 February 2022 - 04:26 PM

Interesting volumes.

Offer to purchase 1mil shares at 27c. That is R270,000.

The big question is why????????

Well,

sooner or later we will find out. 
Anyone who wants to list on the JSE will find this one as a prime target to buy for a reverse listing as mentioned earlier.
The business itself is rather a clean write off as we all experienced unless I have overlooked some deep hidden gem in their holdings.

#5 Pratlou

Pratlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 04:17 PM

Management maybe?

Interesting volumes.

#6 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 03:07 PM

Interesting volumes.

#7 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:27 AM

HI everyone,

I know this is a share most of you don't own but I am hoping someone might know or suspect what is going on.

Share moved from 6c to almost 40c at one point in last week or so and is trading at +/- 25 to 30 c average per day last couple of weeks.

Went from basically no trading to +/- 250,000 shares average per day (i know rand wise it is pennies +/-R75,000 per day but someone is spending R75k per day for last week or so so total spent over R1million).

This is one of those shares that I got involved in as I knew the industry and "believed" the then management. It is one of those shares that I have written off to Zero a long time ago and I am just hoping for a miracle.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi,
I have not looked into this for a while but looking at this I can only suspect that a third party is looking to aquire to use the shell for another try of a reverse listing.
Much chaeper if you wnat a listet Comapany than starting from scetch and IPO.
Of course the old SARS liabilities have to be resolved but I geuss that is the case as they are still afloat.
With about 50Mil shares issued a 10cent share that is a 5Mil for the grabs to get the vehicle. Comparable a song comperated to when look at the cost to get venture through the process to get listed at the JSE.

#8 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:16 AM

HI everyone,

I know this is a share most of you don't own but I am hoping someone might know or suspect what is going on.

Share moved from 6c to almost 40c at one point in last week or so and is trading at +/- 25 to 30 c average per day last couple of weeks.

Went from basically no trading to +/- 250,000 shares average per day (i know rand wise it is pennies +/-R75,000 per day but someone is spending R75k per day for last week or so so total spent over R1million).

This is one of those shares that I got involved in as I knew the industry and "believed" the then management. It is one of those shares that I have written off to Zero a long time ago and I am just hoping for a miracle.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#9 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 November 2021 - 05:28 PM

Aveng is looking good so not concerned with consolidation. Company good at the moment and I see it as a good thing as there will be better price discovery.

NUT and ATI though, are different as I see them dropping after consolidation. In some ways, the consolidation for these shares are a good thing, as it allows investors a way out. At 1c, they are stuck (check the ATI spread).

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#10 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:28 AM

Wow, looking back at my comments below (16 September 2016) I cannot believe I did not take my 1c per share (at that point R40 for every 4,000 shares held) and run. So, everyone have now lost even  more money.

I was there, voting against the share consolidation and I was told that day that the reason for the share consolidation was that the wild swing in share price (eg: at that point 2c and sold for 3c so 50% swing for the day). This apparently made it difficult to "do deals"???

I am so glad the swing in today's trade so far (27c to 15c = 44%) is not too big or an issue.

Do anyone know if they have paid the SARS liability yet? Although  I am not sure where the money would come from.

Did anyone here attend the last AGM? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JR7800

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

I see AFDAWN wants to consolidate the shares on a 40 to 1 basis.

I really hope everyone comes to the AGM and votes against this.

Currently the share price, for all practical purposes are 1cent. What this means is that the lot of us still holding shares cannot lose any more money. If you hold 4,000 shares @1 cent it is worth R40.

If we agree to the consolidation you will have 100 shares (4,000/40) @ the consolidated price of R40 (1 cent x 4000 = 40 cents x 100).

My problem with the consolidation is that it will mean you can lose more on your investment. As there is not really any good news to lift the share price from a consolidated value of 40c per share I will expect it to fall even further, even going back to 1 cent again. This will mean that your investment in 4,000 shares which currently can go below R40 rand will be worth: 100 consolidated shares @ 1 cent = R1.

So you have lost another R39 of your money by agreeing to the share consolidation.

Management must rather concentrate their efforts in improving the business and to start generating profits instead of finding ways for their shareholders to lose more money.

Management will most probably condemn this post again but I really don't care anymore. Have had enough of empty promises.

Hope to see all you shareholders who have had enough at the AGM.

So, down to 6c now. I told everyone that a share consolidation would not help anybody and that shareholder will only lose more money.

If the company makes money it is irrelevant how many shares there are in issue. If a company makes 1c eps and you have 2 shares you as shareholder owns 2c (in theory). If you do share consolidation and you now own 1 share at 2c eps you have 2c. Same bloody thing.

However, your downside risk in holding the share at 1c is almost zero to the downside but holding it at 2c you again have 100% downside.

I know this is dumbing down the principals of share consolidations a lot but I will never waver from the following opinion: My money was good enough for you (the company) to take an give me a lot of shares for them in return. Now you want to take the shares back in return for nothing except all the downside risk falling 100 % back on me. In my opinion you as management who did the rights issue need to pull your fingers out your Ass#s, get the company profitable, and use the profits to buy back the shares at a premium to say thanks to the shareholders who bailed you out in the first place. In doing this the shareholders who risked additional capital in a failing business get rewarded.

I have not been in touch with AFDAWN's management in a while and frankly have lost the will to engage with them as what they are doing are clearly showing the lack of ideas and leadership needed to get this company going. There is so much money to be made in the industry if only they knew what they were doing. I was part of the AFDAWN group pre their listing and post listing but went my separate way post their listing because I could see they were heading for disaster due to the way management ran this newly listed company. They had some good ideas but poorly executed them and their ideas of not paying tax (this bit them in ass eventually) did not sit well with me. I ran my original AFDAWN (Old ABC Cash) business profitably and successfully for close to 14 years before selling it to another group. Look at Finbond, Capitec and even African bank (now) so why AFDAWN can make money is beyond me.

In all honesty this is my concern for the Avenge shareholders as well with the massive share consolidation coming up. I truly and honestly hope I am wrong and that Avenge share rockets post consolidation.

To recap, maybe I must stop investing in all these companies that management have run into the ground. Stop giving them more of my money. Then I would not have to worry about this sh#t anymore and maybe gets some sleep for a change.......

#11 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:26 PM

Taurus, anyone else still going to the AGM?  I would really like to hear what the new shareholder who put in R10mill and are suppose to make available some more capital have to say on the progress or rather lack thereof during the year.

Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting (“AGM”) will be held at the offices of
Elite Group, Horizon Shopping Centre, 3rd Floor, Corner Sonop and Ontdekkers Roads,
Horizon View, Roodepoort on Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 10h00 to transact the
business as set out in the notice of AGM which forms part of the Annual Report.

#12 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 02 July 2021 - 05:33 PM

Uncompetence squared. When the blind meets the one armed.
Before they have to de-register I will buy the shell.

#13 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 03:39 PM

TRADER's Goal break down tracker - perfect for setting, tracking & achieving TRADING goals! 

Click this link to find out more https://www.etsy.com...p_home_active_1

Attached Files

• Attached File  p.png   29.12KB   7 downloads

#14 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:09 PM

Not sure if anyone are still invested in this share but it seems nothing has changed. They still cannot do anything right and compliance is just something other companies does for fun.....

https://www.moneyweb...dium=Indicators

Going for suspension again.....

#15 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

So when is the shell of this Company for sale. R1 and I am interested. Never mind the mil I have to put in to adjust it to insert my business. They are dead  anyway. But I will exclude their pending liabilities in the deal.

#16 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:38 AM

So the Directors now taking out Put options to cover their loans to the company. Now that's confidence in the future of the company. So if the company goes belly up they get their money, if the company recover (miracles do happen) and repay them, they get their money.

It is time the JSE, Company Act and King stop a director shareholder from being able to short a share for the company they work at. You either believe in the company you work for or leave.... my 1 cent.

Let see what they come up with next...

I want to clarify that the "It is time the JSE, Company Act and King stop a director shareholder from being able to short a share for the company they work at. You either believe in the company you work for or leave.... my 1 cent." in my previous post is directed at all listed companies and is not AFDAWN specific and the "short" refers to any financial instrument (put options/shorts options whether you directly own the shares r it is just options on a share ) against the movement of the share in the negative direction.

#17 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

So the Directors now taking out Put options to cover their loans to the company. Now that's confidence in the future of the company. So if the company goes belly up they get their money, if the company recover (miracles do happen) and repay them, they get their money.

It is time the JSE, Company Act and King stop a director shareholder from being able to short a share for the company they work at. You either believe in the company you work for or leave.... my 1 cent.

Let see what they come up with next...

#18 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

AFRICAN DAWN CAPITAL LIMITED - Trading Statement
Release Date: 29/05/2019 11:30
Code(s): ADW     PDF:  icon_pdf.png
Trading Statement

AFRICAN DAWN CAPITAL LIMITED
Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa
(Registration number: 1998/020520/06)
Share code: ADW
ISIN Code: ZAE000223194
(“the Company”)

TRADING STATEMENT

In terms of the JSE Limited Listings Requirements, a listed company is required to publish a trading
statement as soon as it becomes reasonably certain that the financial results for the next period to be
reported on will differ by 20% or more from the financial results for the previous corresponding period.

The Company hereby advises that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that for the year ended 28th
February 2019

- headline losses per share will be between (33.24) cents and (32.45) cents, representing an
increase in losses as compared to the headline loss per share of (7.9) cents reported for the year
ended February 2018; and

- losses per share will be between (34.1) cents and (32.9) cents, representing an increase in
losses as compared to the loss per share of (12.1) cents reported for the year ended February

Headline loss per share increased mainly due to lack of new funding available to the Company and its
subsidiaries during the period and once off benefit of the SARS settlement in the previous period and
not repeated during this period.

The weighted average shares in issue increased from 21,925 million to 28,019million after taking into
consideration the partial dilution due to the specific issue of 26,8 million share for cash at 35 cent per
share in December 2018.

Loss per share increased by a smaller margin than headline loss per share mainly as a result of the
prior year loss per share being significantly higher than the prior year headline loss per share due to
goodwill written off.

There are no discontinued operations reported on in this financial period.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based has not been reviewed or reported
on by the auditor of the Company. The audited results for the year ended 28 February 2019 are
expected to be published on or about 31 May 2019.

Johannesburg
29 May 2019

Designated Adviser

PSG Capital

Date: 29/05/2019 11:30:00 Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.

#19 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

Taurus, as long as you get paid cash and not in shares go for it.

#20 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

I got a business to infuse. But I can't disclose yet. I am not allowed to.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting