Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Missed the show!
Damn!!!

Did Frans perhaps indicate how long we should ride the momentum upwards?

if it gets to 20 cent it can fly.......

http://www.businessd...tock-watch-pick  (the show)

Well, let's see about this.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#722 Shrewed

Shrewed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Want to start a new thread for Trustco Group: TTO:SJ, but my app isn't playing along.. Anyone keen to assist?

#723 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Only a brave man would have bought at 14c....

I bought at 14 and it's now sitting at 20.

#724 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Only a brave man would have bought at 14c....

That's what she said....

#725 Shrewed

Shrewed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Lionsden: you were right. At 14 cents it was still a great buy :) should have left my gut and followed yours..

#726 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Would not put to much on the old chart. The new business is different. This is basically an IPO. The big question is what profits are the they going to realize and what is the growth rate of their business going to be? 

It is a "new" Company. I do not think that the new management is supporting a "pump and dump". It took them a lot of effort and money to clean the old mess up and as far as I see it they are not the from the "hit and run" team.

This still does not explain the sudden rise in the share price. But I guess that we will get an "official comment" on this.

Will keep eyes on this one but still too early to jump in for me, still deciding if I'll take a punt though

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#727 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Sorry,  I forgot to attach last weeks article of Marc Hasenfuss in FM. 

Attached Files

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#728 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

In the short term I see a pull back when the inevitable profit taking starts. But if everyone stays in I'm sure we can breach the 3 year highs we've hit today. We're still a long way off the 5 year highs of R1,80+. Imagine!

Would not put to much on the old chart. The new business is different. This is basically an IPO. The big question is what profits are the they going to realize and what is the growth rate of their business going to be? 

It is a "new" Company. I do not think that the new management is supporting a "pump and dump". It took them a lot of effort and money to clean the old mess up and as far as I see it they are not the from the "hit and run" team.

This still does not explain the sudden rise in the share price. But I guess that we will get an "official comment" on this.

#729 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

If they are busy, as per the Cautionary, with corporate actions that will impact on the share price we may just be at the very beginning of positive momentum. I am still acquiring, hope for a pull back...   

Hawk

#730 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

volumes slowing down .sold half my stock at 19c to rebuy at less.it must correct.only your gut feeling can tell when.nothing else

#731 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

19c :blink: , Dev I'm asking myself the same question now, Is this growth sustainable?

In the short term I see a pull back when the inevitable profit taking starts. But if everyone stays in I'm sure we can breach the 3 year highs we've hit today. We're still a long way off the 5 year highs of R1,80+. Imagine!

#732 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Missed the show!
Damn!!!

I don't recall, but you can just watch the reruns to confirm. I'm concerned this could be the same route POY took a few weeks back when it was shooting up exponentially. Every one jumped on the hype, the price shot up, the big guys took profits, and the price plummeted. I just tweeted him asking when he thinks it will consolidate.

#733 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

19c :blink: , Dev I'm asking myself the same question now, Is this growth sustainable?

#734 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

When I saw the price today I giggled like a little girl

That's what she said....

#735 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

10 am   19c this was not expected.its going too quick

#736 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Missed the show!
Damn!!!

#737 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

I put a lot of capital in after Frans' call the other night on BD. But I am concerned we could see a lamp post pattern here? Is this growth sustainable?

#738 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Trade just went through at 17c!

#739 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

4,5 million traded at14c in an hour.Frans de klerk is very respected.If he gave it stockpick on national tv yesterday,it can only be in demand.I just wish the 14c sellers will wake up and change order to 15c as the demand will devour.

Regarding the cautionary,i, like Taurus thought it was the KC deal,but its someother deal.sounds like an announcement is due soon.Sounds very promising

Extracts from their shareholder circular in March:

Existing Business Units from which the Company will disinvest in the near future:

The existing business of the Company consists of the following established business units:
a) Micro and personnel finance through Elite;
B) Medical aid discounting;
c) Collections, in support of its loan book. Elite runs a collections department which deals with recoveries, tracing, collections and all related legal work; and
d) Properties in possession acquired as a result of exercising securities held in respect of defaulting loans and includes rental earning properties.

and....

ACQUISITIONS:
Save for the Knife Capital Acquisition, no material acquisitions of immovable properties and/or fixed
assets and/or securities and/or business undertakings have occurred in the three years preceding these
Revised Listing Particulars, or are intended within the first six months after the Last Practicable Date of
these Revised Listing Particulars.

Well if I am not mistaken the extended cautionary indicates that the have a buyer for some of the non core business......
Guess it will be the disposal of the property....

Taurus, your 1st post on this company looks to be vindicated.
Well done

#740 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

4,5 million traded at14c in an hour.Frans de klerk is very respected.If he gave it stockpick on national tv yesterday,it can only be in demand.I just wish the 14c sellers will wake up and change order to 15c as the demand will devour.

Regarding the cautionary,i, like Taurus thought it was the KC deal,but its someother deal.sounds like an announcement is due soon.Sounds very promising

Extracts from their shareholder circular in March:

Existing Business Units from which the Company will disinvest in the near future:

The existing business of the Company consists of the following established business units:
a) Micro and personnel finance through Elite;
B) Medical aid discounting;
c) Collections, in support of its loan book. Elite runs a collections department which deals with recoveries, tracing, collections and all related legal work; and
d) Properties in possession acquired as a result of exercising securities held in respect of defaulting loans and includes rental earning properties.

and....

ACQUISITIONS:
Save for the Knife Capital Acquisition, no material acquisitions of immovable properties and/or fixed
assets and/or securities and/or business undertakings have occurred in the three years preceding these
Revised Listing Particulars, or are intended within the first six months after the Last Practicable Date of
these Revised Listing Particulars.

Well if I am not mistaken the extended cautionary indicates that the have a buyer for some of the non core business......
Guess it will be the disposal of the property....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting