Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06

#63 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hi, does anyone see SHF moving to 45 or a serious pull back to maybe between 30-35?

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#64 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

Not sure about that. The US shutdown and the debt ceiling fight is adding further risk to the US economy and we all know what that means....more QE..more emerging market rallies. 

Frankly, in this era of ultra low interest rates, sitting on cash is not the best idea IMO. Esp with inflation eating away at that bundle, not too mention whatever fees being skimmed off its sitting in a bank.

If you worried about a correction then why not look at a high yielding defensives eg telecoms, healthcare etc?

i agree. sitting in cash is not great. but I still think it's best to wait out these new highs we've been

getting of late.  It's unsustainable (QE or not) and better buying opportunities will come eventually.

#65 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'm also sitting on cash and I'm getting really itchy but its not a good time to buy anything at the moment.  Maybe I'm wrong but I cant see this rally going much higher.

Not sure about that. The US shutdown and the debt ceiling fight is adding further risk to the US economy and we all know what that means....more QE..more emerging market rallies. 

Frankly, in this era of ultra low interest rates, sitting on cash is not the best idea IMO. Esp with inflation eating away at that bundle, not too mention whatever fees being skimmed off its sitting in a bank.

If you worried about a correction then why not look at a high yielding defensives eg telecoms, healthcare etc?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#66 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

torn between wanting the market to pull back or continue running. I want my shares to continue performing but am sitting on cash and don't know how to put it in the market.  

I'm also sitting on cash and I'm getting really itchy but its not a good time to buy anything at the moment.  Maybe I'm wrong but I cant see this rally going much higher.

#67 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

yup, the only largish stock still worth buying right now.  but's it's had a heck of run.  hopefully the market

tanks and I'll get in at a lower price. 

torn between wanting the market to pull back or continue running. I want my shares to continue performing but am sitting on cash and don't know how to put it in the market.  

#68 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

only complaint I have is that I bought it, for some else and not myself :( , up just over 49% in a couple of months.

on a pe of 8.8 still cheap compared to the others in market.

yup, the only largish stock still worth buying right now.  but's it's had a heck of run.  hopefully the market

tanks and I'll get in at a lower price. 

#69 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Share is up 66% in 3 months and just keeps on going.  

only complaint I have is that I bought it, for some else and not myself :( , up just over 49% in a couple of months.

on a pe of 8.8 still cheap compared to the others in market.

#70 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Share is up 66% in 3 months and just keeps on going.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting