• Please log in to reply
3674 replies to this topic

#2521 kabaal

kabaal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

ref point 3: no money exchanged/no problem ref point 4: no money exchanged/no takedown better bring your rugby team with you to square the odds. you honestly think i'm a individual on a personal vendetta?

#2522 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

its going to be fun taking your "brother" down

Mr Kabaab let me set the record straight:

1. I am a Chartered Accountant and a full time trader.

2. I am registered with the FSB

3. I am still waiting for you to being me down..

4. and i don't charge for my advise and calls. All i ask from my class members is a simple thank you when they make money and for them to remember me in their prayers. If you not inspired by that, then you may as well continue to waste your energy and " TRY" to bring me down.

5. I am a rugby enthusiast having played rugby so beware of meeting up with me in a dark side street.

NO threats... Only facts!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#2523 Banco

Banco

• PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hi guys was busy whole week. I am using the ig prorealtime advance charts. There is a ADX indicator but not the ravi.

Hope i can trade with you next week.

Have a nice long weekend all.

Average Directional Movement Index (ADX) was developed by J. Welles Wilder and presented in his book, "New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems". ADX is derived from two other indicators (also developed by Wilder) known as Positive Directional Movement Indicator (+DMI) and Negative Directional Movement Indicator (-DMI). The primary use of ADX is to measure trend strength. DMI determines trend direction and confirms entry and exit signals. ADX is usually combined with +DMI and -DMI to make one indicator consisting of three lines.

On IG charts it is marked as D.MVT. The solid black line in that indicator is the ADX -Indicator and the Green line +DMI and the Red line -DMI.

Don`t think you must add too many indicators to HDB`s system. If it is similar still keep it seperate and refine it on a seperate thread maybe. Keep it Simple is key. Both CCI and D.MVT is trend indicators . There are others as well like for instance Moving Averages (which we have in HDB`s system and also indicate the direction of trend) otherwise we might end up with a host of trend indicators telling us the same story.

Nothing against the other system only think it have its place somewhere else.

Kind regards

Edited by Banco, 14 June 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#2524 jhwolmarans

jhwolmarans

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi guys was busy whole week. I am using the ig prorealtime advance charts. There is a ADX indicator but not the ravi.

Hope i can trade with you next week.

Have a nice long weekend all.

#2525 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Done for the week, see u all on Tuesday. Thanks HDB for all the insight and help this week. Dont let the man get u down!!  B)

#2526 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

think IG MT4 platform is close to what you need but no T40 as far as i know

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#2527 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

not necessarily!! depends on how much leeway, gap between 34ema and price...Could be a quick long back to 34ema....test it..see if it is hammered down or could be slight chance breaks upwards... If  hammered, take your 50p and run!!

As long as CCI is above 0, you should be eyeing longs.....

There u go...she is right at 34ema..trying to bust through and gone...if she comes back to 34ema im out!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#2528 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

not necessarily!! depends on how much leeway, gap between 34ema and price...Could be a quick long back to 34ema....test it..see if it is hammered down or could be slight chance breaks upwards... If  hammered, take your 50p and run!!

great thx

#2529 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

thx for all the info HDB, not trading the futures yet just learning. Quick question, candles are below the 34ema, should one not be short?  

Edited by HDB, 13 June 2014 - 03:03 PM.

HDB

#2530 mdma

mdma

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Vencat2, that is IG advance charts...

#2531 vencat2

vencat2

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomerset West

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi HDB - I remember jhwolmarans posting this graphic....with 2 CCI indicators on them....not sure which package he is using

Guys do i understand chapter 15 correct. Long @ candle 10:40?

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-7794-0-74123800-1402390564_thumb.pn

#2532 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

oh ok!! I will look further into it this weekend and check which offers it!!

i suspect ProReal Charts should have this

i will also check it out on my side this weekend

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#2533 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

back in long at 45600

Using cci25 on 5 min chart!!

thx for all the info HDB, not trading the futures yet just learning. Quick question, candles are below the 34ema, should one not be short?  

#2534 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

I am using Swordfish and I checked every indicator and it is not there HDB.

oh ok!! I will look further into it this weekend and check which offers it!!

HDB

#2535 MiniTrader

MiniTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBetween mountains & the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

I am using Swordfish and I checked every indicator and it is not there HDB.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it

#2536 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

back in long at 45600

Using cci25 on 5 min chart!!

Edited by HDB, 13 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

HDB

#2537 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

CCI Strat class - if someone has time today can they maybe look into this (im a bit too busy with normal work :(  ). Its and extract I got from a book on a similar trend following system. I dont want to complicate things at all just want to know if it makes sense or not. THANKS

===

In particular, to avoid trading whipsaws, this strategy uses two trade entry filters based on ADX and RAVI index values. ADX stands for Average Directional Index. This is a technical indicator that helps to recognize trending markets, so that trend following systems can avoid being whipsawed by fast reversals in moving average crossovers in flat or sideways markets. When this index rises, it indicates a trending market; when it falls, a sideways market. Typically, when the ADX indicator is above 40, and then falls, a sideways or consolidating market is emerging. Conversely, when the indicator is below 20 and then rises, a trending market is emerging. The 65sma_3cc strategy uses an ADX filter to avoid entering new trades in a sideways market. RAVI stands for Range Action Verification Index. This is a technical indicator that also helps to recognize trending markets, for the same purpose of helping trend following systems to avoid entering whipsaw trades in sideways markets. The RAVI index is a moving average crossover system itself—it uses a 7-day fast average and a 65-day slow average. The RAVI index value is defined as the absolute value of the percentage difference between the 7 and 65 day averages. When a market is moving sideways, the two averages tend to have the same values, so the difference is small. Conversely, when the market is trending, the fast average rapidly pulls away from the slow average, producing a larger difference and larger index value. Generally speaking, a RAVI value below 3 percent indicates sideways prices, and above 3 percent, trending prices.

This is more for the advanced trader !!  IG does not offer both indicators in its charts!!

Those not using IG.....maybe u on swordfish, please check this info out!!  Appreciated thanks

HDB

#2538 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

out at 45600 for 100 p

Jip, made 50 points on that short.

202 for the day 

Thanks HDB. You must be on 300+ for the day.

#2539 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Anyone short on signal?

out at 45600 for 100 p

HDB

#2540 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Anyone short on signal?

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting