• Please log in to reply
3674 replies to this topic

#3561 InSitu

InSitu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Working pretty good if you stick to the rules! Profit taking timing is still a problem. Using it live

#3562 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi G. I haven't tried the system cos I only trade with the mobile ig platform. Where does it show cci? Thanks

#3563 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

system is working really well for me(live). Thanks HDB!!

#3564 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

system is working really well for me(live). Thanks HDB!!

#3565 vencat2

vencat2

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomerset West

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hi HDB....also been using it live on R2 Micro contracts. As with other comments, struggle to find the exit point

#3566 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Oh and wanted to mention, this system is fairly nice to use on the mobile ig platform.
Looks like a short signal? ;-P

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#3567 UncleC

UncleC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Have been using it demo so far, has been working very well. Thank you so much for system HDB, greatly appreciated!

#3568 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi H,

Live (someone said somewhere you learn nothing with a demo account) semi successful, I say semi because I'm struggling with exits.
I entered the short yesterday but only exited a little while ago. For 125ish points mind you! I could of exited for 250ish points at some stage.
I think I have a longer term mindset that's battling to agree with the exit signals, something I have to figure out in my head.
I will continue to try understand the system better.

Thanks!

Edited by gringots, 21 May 2014 - 08:27 AM.

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#3569 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Have been using it live for the second week now. 

Thanks HDB, I am a newbie in trading and did not know what I was doing and lost a lot of money. At least I have a system now. I am still not sleeping as I have shorts running from 420 cash. Because I am so far in the red I am lacking confidence but your system are slowly bringing it back. I am ok with the entry but stress so much about taking profits that I sell way to soon and are therefore not making real money.

Thanks for sharing your system with us. It is very generous and you will be blessed.  

#3570 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

Using the system when I'm able to trade actively. Using R2 micro contracts, great success thus far. Kudos to you HDB.

#3571 Werner

Werner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

sorry meant

Also to weed out the users who use the system and dont say thanks!!( i know plenty out there)

On DEMO and still learning, thanks for all the info! 

#3572 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

OK class. i want to know who is using this system both live and demo.

Reason being i want to make sure we have sufficient numbers to move to next level.

Also to weed out the users who dont use the system and dont say thanks!!( i know plenty out there)

Just reply here saying live or demo....and if system is a sucess!!

sorry meant

Also to weed out the users who use the system and dont say thanks!!( i know plenty out there)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#3573 MiniTrader

MiniTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBetween mountains & the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

I have been using the system live since last Thursday with great success.   Thanks HDB.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it

#3574 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

took out 3 contacts first trade in morning for a 450p profits and last short in afternoon netted another 220p

Delta you noticed i went for the kill yesterday morning with 3 contracts,

Although system says only trade after 9am, another separate system of mine said long 150 points in the bag upon opening, so when CCI gave signal i went in guns blazing..Double confirmation. Think you said not convinced when u wrote u long and i just took out another 3 contracts!! Amazing hay!!

So cant really attribute that 450 points to CCI alone!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#3575 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

OK class. i want to know who is using this system both live and demo.

Reason being i want to make sure we have sufficient numbers to move to next level.

Also to weed out the users who dont use the system and dont say thanks!!( i know plenty out there)

Just reply here saying live or demo....and if system is a sucess!!

HDB

#3576 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

HDB does that mean as you enter the trade that you put in a trailing stop loss of 50 points?

mmmm...lets say yes but only when it starts making a profit of 50 points!!

HDB

#3577 Ponkie

Ponkie

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Also i have started as of today that when im in a trade on the zero cross, i immediately put a 50 point stop loss!! If it hits, no regrest and im out!

HDB does that mean as you enter the trade that you put in a trailing stop loss of 50 points?

#3578 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

wow(700p)..you clocked it HDB :)   beat me hands down, tallied in at 288p :mellow:

took out 3 contacts first trade in morning for a 450p profits and last short in afternoon netted another 220p

HDB

#3579 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

Key to today's trading....CCI gave the pullback which became the reversal signal....

Earlier today i said if the trend is up, don't plat shorts as it reverses up quickly for a only a small profit...

Well i try to play it most times it gives a signal IE short it even if trend is up for this particular reason. If trend is up and you short, most times it reverses up quickly with small profits.....But there is always a 10% chance that this very short may be your vault breaker because it may become a trend reversal trade which my last one did. Now if you did not short, i don't think you would want to short as it fell further thinking its too late as it already fell!

On another note and this is very important : If the system gives a signal, ignore all the noise, pound exchange rate, dow futures etc!!

Just do the trade as i have noticed all this has already been included in the price, Last week i missed out on a few trades thinking that when the signal was given, other forces like futures was making this signal a bit too risky for my liking and decided to skip it...Do not make this mistake please!! All the noise is in the price. If you hesitate , you will miss out on the move!!

Also i have started as of today that when im in a trade on the zero cross, i immediately put a 50 point stop loss!! If it hits, no regrest and im out!

Once price moves in the intended direction and it does 90% of the time because if momentum, i continuously try move my stop to 50 points of current price...until i am  stopped out!! This is the exit strategy that worked well for me today!!

Today was an excellent  day ... over 700 points!! :)

wow(700p)..you clocked it HDB :)   beat me hands down, tallied in at 288p :mellow:

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#3580 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Addendum to : Tip , Suggestions and Advise

Watch the CCI index for divergences...

Price making a higher high but CCI not confirming...Expect a pullback!!

Key to today's trading....CCI gave the pullback which became the reversal signal....

Earlier today i said if the trend is up, don't plat shorts as it reverses up quickly for a only a small profit...

Well i try to play it most times it gives a signal IE short it even if trend is up for this particular reason. If trend is up and you short, most times it reverses up quickly with small profits.....But there is always a 10% chance that this very short may be your vault breaker because it may become a trend reversal trade which my last one did. Now if you did not short, i don't think you would want to short as it fell further thinking its too late as it already fell!

On another note and this is very important : If the system gives a signal, ignore all the noise, pound exchange rate, dow futures etc!!

Just do the trade as i have noticed all this has already been included in the price, Last week i missed out on a few trades thinking that when the signal was given, other forces like futures was making this signal a bit too risky for my liking and decided to skip it...Do not make this mistake please!! All the noise is in the price. If you hesitate , you will miss out on the move!!

Once price moves in the intended direction and it does 90% of the time because if momentum, i continuously try move my stop to 50 points of current price...until i am  stopped out!! This is the exit strategy that worked well for me today!!

Today was an excellent  day ... over 700 points!! :)

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting