• Please log in to reply
3674 replies to this topic

#981 schumdl

schumdl

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Late to this forum, is there anywhere where this system is explained in detail so I can do some reading on it before the "Lights, Camera, Action" call.

Eagle7, HDB summarised the system here: http://www.sharechat...-system/page-49 (look at #977)

#982 vuilhond

vuilhond

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

No shortcuts,read the whole thing from page 1.

#983 Eagle7

Eagle7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Late to this forum, is there anywhere where this system is explained in detail so I can do some reading on it before the "Lights, Camera, Action" call.

#984 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Closed long for 300 pips * 3 = 900 pips, great day indeed. What i have learnt is to trust the system and only place trades when it gives signal. 

I admire anyone that can hold on that long while in the green. That is one of the things I struggle with most. I take profits to quick and hold on to losses to long.

#985 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Damn,  just missed

#986 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

R2 like the great wall of China...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#987 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Interesting how we rallied, yet the Pound did not contribute to that.

I was thinking the same thing....seems the morning that it reacts on it  but once US is open it ignores it flat

#988 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Interesting how we rallied, yet the Pound did not contribute to that.

#989 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

The sudden appearance of armed column in ukraine firing might bring this rally a bit down??

#990 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Closed long for 300 pips * 3 = 900 pips, great day indeed. What i have learnt is to trust the system and only place trades when it gives signal. 

#991 UncleC

UncleC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I was not able to be watching the movements too much today, but reading through the days activity, it seems like there were some great calls made again :) and a couple big lessons - follow the system, it has been tested and we know it works, as well as always place a stop loss... Too many times I have placed a trade without a stop loss with the hope of it turning around, rather take the knock when the trend changes and live to fight another day instead of being cleaned out.

#992 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Don't feel bad, had a brilliant run and instead of sitting on my hands and wait, I stuffed it up by taking a short on signal but against the trend which was clearly up at that stage.

Now stuck with a short at 46128 (Cash), had no stop. Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid !!!!!!!!!!

one last thing from me to sum up a bad decision when the system says go...was clinging to shorts when system said long at 46264....wanted to take the loss and go long but just held on a little to long to see for a "pullback" before it shot out the lights...

#993 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Thanx for best trading day in very long time to everyone contributing on this forum and the master HDB. 

#994 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I started so well this morning then blew it all up...No Stop loss...lesson learnt!! but how many times can a donkey bump its head!! :unsure:  :unsure:

Don't feel bad, had a brilliant run and instead of sitting on my hands and wait, I stuffed it up by taking a short on signal but against the trend which was clearly up at that stage.

Now stuck with a short at 46128 (Cash), had no stop. Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid !!!!!!!!!!

#995 vuilhond

vuilhond

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

ok.i understand

#996 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:17 PM

Sorry to hear that Ettas...Hope u learnt your lesson!!  and where was your stop loss??

contributions appreciated even if you make a losing trade...maybe then we can advise you or correct what u doing wrong!!

Anyway very successful day at the office today!!

Lets hope tomorrow beings more... :)

I started so well this morning then blew it all up...No Stop loss...lesson learnt!! but how many times can a donkey bump its head!! :unsure:  :unsure:

#997 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

why does the market go up like this after such bad gdp numbers?

the local share contribution  to the top 40 excluding resources must be less than 30%...so not much influence!!

The dual listed really give direction!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#998 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

here is my contribution....I didnt follow the system cause I held onto a short from this morning now Im f%$^%......Happy???

Sorry to hear that Ettas...Hope u learnt your lesson!!  and where was your stop loss??

contributions appreciated even if you make a losing trade...maybe then we can advise you or correct what u doing wrong!!

Anyway very successful day at the office today!!

Lets hope tomorrow beings more... :)

HDB

#999 vuilhond

vuilhond

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

why does the market go up like this after such bad gdp numbers?

#1000 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

yes...but id love contributions from others as well....hate the spongers just using but not contributing!!

here is my contribution....I didnt follow the system cause I held onto a short from this morning now Im f%$^%......Happy???

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting