288 replies to this topic

#101 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

http://www.bdlive.co...ent-power-firms

THE preferred bidders of the first bid window for the coal baseload programme are Thabemetsi and Khanyisa, Energy Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson announced on Monday.

Participants in the first bid window were required to have a minimum South African entity participation of 51%, black ownership of 30%, and a weighted broad-based black economic empowerment status of level five under the codes of good practice for their locally based shareholders.

Joemat-Pettersson said the two bidders were backed by foreign developers from Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia, the South African banking sector, including the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA), and the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC).

Coincidence or......To be continued......?

Anyone need a heads up...!

#102 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Some healthy volumes going through lately is Mr Market finally aware of WSL......Anyone taking advantage & selling.....? It has been a loooooooonnnnng arduous slog hasn't it....! We can expect the next piece of good news very soon me thinks the divi finalization dates along with a decent trading update showing earnings in the mid (Oh f#ckin' please) to late c20's.......Keep the faith peops we is knocking again on that R2 door next week already......!

Good w/end to all. 

#103 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

Website has a nice power-point presentation on yesterday's SENS, couple points that come out now I've digested it more, they really have put up their "blackness" over the last few years for nothing really so yeah me gets the reasoning behind these last year or 2 of turbulence to actually get some recognition of the fact Wescoal couldn't sell most of their product without these guys. Next while I'm on about it where the "F" are all these so called desperate "black asset managers" looking for support from the "established players" to place confidence via investment in companies like WSL....!     Then today R178mil doesn't buy you much when shopping in the mining warehouse now does it..... :rolleyes:    All in all I think it's a good move so lets grab some Gupta coal assets when they have a fire sale put a layer of respectability over them or others like that & bring home the bacon for the long-haulers or at least get over R2 already.....Geez like it....! 

Have a good day at market..

#104 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

Well is today good news....? Chairman has total control now.......... kinda have to admit he's had to pay up for it...So IDC have given us R178mil to go & spend cool..... cos these guys are pretty good deal makers & now there's some serious skin in the game cash-wise to lose if they get it wrong only slightly.....The nice thing is that they must be generating solid cash flow now to give us another R10mil to share.....I think anything less than 25c/ HEPS come Nov interim results will be short of the mark but this divi gives me confidence that we is on track for there or there-abouts.

Still happy to hold but will not add as have enough me thinks..... B) 

Over & out.....!

#105 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

WESCOAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa
(Registration number 2005/006913/06)
Share code: WSL
ISIN: ZAE000069639
(“Wescoal” or "the Group")

Coal purchase agreements and export supply contract
Wescoal is pleased to announce that it has successfully finalised a series of material coal supply
contracts with third parties (‘Coal Purchase Confirmations’). This is in line with the Group’s stated
intent to diversify its revenue streams and to supply one million tons per annum of coal into the
export market.

In terms of the Coal Purchase Confirmations, Wescoal will supply over five million tons of coal from
November 2016 to April 2021.

The Coal Purchase Confirmations would expand Wescoal’s presence in the domestic thermal coal
market and increase its exports to approximately one million tons per annum. The agreements
further de-risk and provide certainty around future Wescoal cash flows and diversity of its revenue
streams.

#106 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

Will this one ever go over R2?? Anyone have their opinion on the next 12 months

#107 grr

grr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

Lets hope today was ALL him so this ceiling of R2 can be put behind us already.

F@ckin' De-Ja-Vu nearly 2yrs later..... :rolleyes:

With the significant eskom announcement and mention of similar high performance results expected, any view what shareholders could or should expect from this crew?

- Solidify current business with efficiency initiatives?

- Mergers?

- etc

and what would be fair value of the share price for these scenarios?

#108 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

Me thinks everything is still on track & will get much better.

There's just the Minoscape overhang that needs to wash through there was after all 16mil shares issued.

This guy is limited to selling maximum 500,000 per month so it's gonna take a while for them to be absorbed he was issued them at 200c

Plus Mr market may think they took their eye off the ball with their water licence application, too much going on at once & they overlooked some or other box ticking legislation required by the DMR.

As for the weather well......& Eskom didn't take as much last year as they were contracted to, when Medupi finally comes on stream volumes to Eskom will jump.

Thinking of E-mailing them for clarification on the water use licence hold up. Will post reply if & when.   ;)

Lets hope today was ALL him so this ceiling of R2 can be put behind us already.

F@ckin' De-Ja-Vu nearly 2yrs later..... :rolleyes:

#109 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Yeah have to agree with CEO's comments great platform to build from.

Now we have to wait for the Minoscape share overhang to filter through before we can move significantly above R2..

#110 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

REVIEWED CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED RESULTS
FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2016

FINANCIAL AND OTHER SALIENT FEATURES

"The outstanding financial and operational achievements speak for themselves. Most importantly they say to the market: 'Wescoal is well positioned for sustainable growth off a robust
platform' and to shareholders: 'The confidence you have placed in the transformation process and the team is now paying dividends". – Waheed Sulaiman, CEO.

HEPS of 27.1 cps
increased by 76.1%
[FY15: 15.4]

EPS of 26.2 cps
up 66.6%
[FY15: 15.7]

PAT
increased by 78.8% to R51.8 million
[FY15: R29.0 million]

OPERATIONAL EBITDA
increased by 42.1% to R152.1 million
[FY15: R107.0 million]

THE GROUP MARGIN
improved to 15.9%
[FY15: 13.1%]

MINING ROM PRODUCTION
increased 22% to 1851.0kt
[FY15: 1519.0kt]

#111 jacani

jacani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Suggest you start a new topic for South32.

#112 Julz3e

Julz3e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

Hi, any thoughts on South32 over the next couple of months?

#113 grr

grr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:55 AM

Thank you government for the 26% empowerment confirmation. Hope this news contributes to Eskom and WSL tying up a long term supply contracts now. I wonder what the contract values would be worth in terms of new jobs and caah as Eskom has played hardball recently with what they consider expensive coal supplier contract.<br />

#114 Dewald

Dewald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:39 AM

Perfect.. Thanks for the insight..

#115 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Hey Dewald.

I think that there is a lot of growth still to come through, Elandspruit is a 15yr mine that is already producing at projected target (since Sept last year) Intibane will reach projected target of 80,000 tons per month very shortly if not there already..... Khanyisa awaiting it's full water use license with adjacent properties under discussion....their trading arm is going along......I personally think it should be at better margins but WTF do I know.....Now's the kicker they, management, us as holders somehow need to organize that the shareholding rotates another 8% or so into Black control/hands, not sure how that's gonna happen.... BTW neither does management.....So at 237,534,000 in issue gives roughly 19mil that needs to be traded (possibly an outside BEE entity buy in) for us to be Eskom compliant..... When that happens, deadline December 2016, then guaranteed funding of R75mil becomes available from Investec should we need it...?

Further down this thread is details of a possible deal with Coal of Africa via Simeka capital plus some emotional rants from myself coupled with conjecture guess work & plain old cupboard standard HOPE...Check their website for the latest shareholder update.

But above all I am very biased in my view of WSL .......so do whatever it is that you need to do as this does not constitute as advice.....I'm some guy/gal on an internet chat room.... :ph34r: 

#116 Dewald

Dewald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

Good Day,

Is it still worth buying these shares now.. Is there still potential for good growth?

#117 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

R1.75 :)

That's more like it

#118 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Anyone at yesterdays investor presentation or have any feedback to share on it....? Might get something on Keith Mc's small cap shares soon....

#119 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

Overall a very nice SENS I would like to get clarity as to are HEPS based on the new larger shares in issue, they will have to re-state their results from last year to reflect this which will show an even better performance....?

Maybe should have had 2nd coffee before posting.... :)

Lets hope the sub R1 days are well & truly behind us....Onwards & Upwards people.....

#120 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Little volumes answers your question.

Little volumes not. See sens this morning.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting