28 replies to this topic

#21 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

On your list, my favorite would be Rhodes - have bought and added again. Interested to see what they will do with the rest of the listing money as well as results and dividend policy. A nice defensive share - esp with it's oversea's earning. My small cap pick for the year - but other riskier small caps will outshine it I am sure.

Plan to buy a tiny bit of sasol very couple of months for a year - I always felt it was a great company but too pricey for me - but trickling in money over time might be the way to get into it and hedge your risk.

Also mentioned is Rockcastle - if it keeps going like it has been should be a good year.

#22 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

I have been trying to decide whether to buy Sasol or SBAOIL. If we are looking at buying either one because we believe the oil price will recover, surely it will make more sense to buy SBOIL than SOL?

SOL has more factors to consider such as its earnings which will be impacted by the low oil price which would make SBOIL a safer bet if looking only at an oil price recovery. Would be interested to see what you guys think. :)

#23 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

I would have SASOL on my list - I can't see the low prices being around for much longer.

I like Discovery as well.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#24 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Morning

I would add Aspen and Astral

#25 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

I would also exclude SASOL
Oil price its too political besides the over supply which is in my opinion is secondary to the tension between member states with no end in sight.just my opinion
^_^

#26 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

A huge surprise seeing Sasol on this list, would be amongst the very bottom of the pile I would consider, second ROC and would add NEPI

Hi Everyone, Looking for a general consensus on ten stocks you would choose for 2015 with at least an 8 month view. 

What are you thoughts and prospects of the below list: 

• Fortress Income Fund - geographically diversified, as well as offering rand hedge
  • Rhodes - organic growth prospects
  • AdaptIT - recent acquisitions provides further growth prospects
  • Santova - factoring in OSCAR, appears to be undervalued
  • Keaton - Increased capacity should realise value
  • Sasol - correction in oil price from reduced output will correct share price 
  • Anchor Group - AUM continuously increasing
  • Torre Industries - geographically diverse as well as product offerings
  • Quantum Foods Holdings
  • Calgro M3 - robust pipeline and active management

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#27 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

Zeder is an excellent choice. I have in my long term portfolio:<br />Zeder, Calgro, Torre, AdaptIt, Wescoal.<br /><br />I wouldn't just hold for 8months though. Prospects are too good to miss out m

#28 stayob

stayob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Like your pick If I may add zeder and ROC

#29 Slickjoe

Slickjoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hi Everyone, Looking for a general consensus on ten stocks you would choose for 2015 with at least an 8 month view. 

What are you thoughts and prospects of the below list: 

• Fortress Income Fund - geographically diversified, as well as offering rand hedge
  • Rhodes - organic growth prospects
  • AdaptIT - recent acquisitions provides further growth prospects
  • Santova - factoring in OSCAR, appears to be undervalued
  • Keaton - Increased capacity should realise value
  • Sasol - correction in oil price from reduced output will correct share price 
  • Anchor Group - AUM continuously increasing
  • Torre Industries - geographically diverse as well as product offerings
  • Quantum Foods Holdings
  • Calgro M3 - robust pipeline and active management

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting