Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

KBO

Kibo Mining MTR KBO Rukwa

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Targeter

Targeter

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

 

I believe the share price of Kibo will get going.

 

Yes yes, you say, but when? 

 

Two quotes from the Update dated 22 August 2017:-

 

QUOTE 1 --- "... prepare a final Memorandum of Understanding that will govern the further development of the Power Purchase Agreement ("PPA") ... A version of the MoU approved for execution is expected shortly".

 

QUOTE 2 --- "The Company did not receive any further clarification requests... over the past weeks with regard to the ... Environment & Social Impact Assessment ("ESIA") and final certification is expected shortly".

 

Now those two "shortlies" may be laughed at, but the important thing to remember is the context in which they were mentioned.

 

If you look at the wording of the SENS, and the time difference between the last two Updates (26th July and 22 August 2017 = 27 days) I think it is clear we are looking at weeks or months.

 


  • 0

#2 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:09 PM

Think people just waiting to hear if the financing is in order, which should be this year, thereafter surely KBO will shoot the lights out


  • 0

#3 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Still waiting on this one to Multiply!

 

NPV of between US$230 million and US280 million - or more than 10x current market cap just for ONE of the five projects! Ridiculous that price is still so low.  

 

 


  • 0

#4 yusufm

yusufm

    The Punter

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

Next Sens will be the big news!

Was mentioned that Imweru and Rukwa are being completed together....

Is this a hint that imweru might be sold to fund Rukwa?? If so this could mean massive movement...

Sent from my GT-I8200 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app


What I would like is for them to sell all except Haneti and Rukwa. I believe they'll be able to focus better on them and the proceeds from the sale will substantially improve our cash position ( although we are in a really good cash position currently ) and it would increase the SP which will limit the share capital dilution during any future fund raising.

But hey, I'm sure the BoD knows best as they are in charge for a reason and have managed to take us this far well enough.

Still waiting for the big Rukwa SENS and any more monetary figures for the other projects
  • 0

#5 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

Next Sens will be the big news!

Was mentioned that Imweru and Rukwa are being completed together....

Is this a hint that imweru might be sold to fund Rukwa?? If so this could mean massive movement...

Sent from my GT-I8200 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app
  • 0

#6 yusufm

yusufm

    The Punter

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Sens out today
Uranium joint venture commences and Morogoro Gold joint venture commences
Seems things are starting to happen


Both very positive SENSs, especially the escalating price clause on the MTR warrants. But still the price will not react....
  • 0

#7 Queen B

Queen B

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Sens out today

Uranium joint venture commences and Morogoro Gold joint venture commences

Seems things are starting to happen


  • 0

#8 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

No problem.  Great post once again!

 

My only worry is that Kibo are not operationally involved with any projects thus far basically they have just been doing feasibility studies.  Probably another reason why the market is valuing these shares so low at the moment.

 

& I don't understand how a JV with MTR can have a positive effect on Kibo's share price when MTR themselves seem to be in a little trouble financially...

 

Anyway hoping for the best as I too bought quite a large number a few weeks ago after listening to the CEO and researching the prospects going forward.


  • 0

#9 yusufm

yusufm

    The Punter

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Hi Magnet

Sorry for the delayed reply, was a bit busy earlier.

Firstly price is set in London and we are tracking them which is the reason for our low volume. Also we have a slightly different price because of the huge spread on the JSE.

Main risks for Kibo would have to be:
MTR failing to come good on the JVs. They are working on 2 projects for us, however those are smaller projects.

Another risk is that we may not get a good enough cut on the Rukwa deal. However I am pretty sure that any cut we get will be at the least a few multiples higher than our current Market cap. According to attendees at the shareholder presentation in UK, LC did say he was in very late discussions with at least two companies on the deal and was just working on minor details (I believe he said they were discussing "the differences between tomayto and tomaato").LC also said that there was substantial interest in the power generation project and he says kibo is in the "driver's seat" in the discussions.
I believe the valuation by the broker of 27p per share is conservative for the Rukwa project.

The Tanzanian government is very keen on this power project as they have a severe lack of electricity so I doubt we will have interference from them

Kibo have done extensive feasibility studies and have released the results over the past 3 months or so. They are currently still busy on a few DFSs on some projects though. I believe the estimates were conservative and that they used a very high discounting rate to measure the NPV of some of the smaller projects so I feel their figures are quite good.

That said, the share is still trading at 6p in the UK and I am still unsure why that is. Perhaps the market feels it is too good to be true...

This share and CRD are my main punts for 2015.

Edited by yusufm, 24 February 2015 - 05:42 PM.

  • 0

#10 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

Is the price set here or in London..?

How does the volume here compare with London...?

Thanks in advance.

Soutie

 

Hi Soutie

 

Recently to date about 1.5 to 2 Million shares being traded in London daily.  Significantly more than what is being traded on the JSE...  And it seems the 2 prices are independent of one another... But not much different.


Edited by Magnet, 24 February 2015 - 12:35 PM.

  • 0

#11 soutie

soutie

    Sage

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

Is the price set here or in London..?

How does the volume here compare with London...?

Thanks in advance.

Soutie


  • 0

Anyone need a heads up...!


#12 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Yusuf!

 

There seems to be so much upside here but it bothers me that volumes are so low? Even after all the news...

 

Getting back to my question: What are the risks involved with investing in such a company? (Probably connected to the low volumes)

 

Risk of stakeholders pulling out?

Failed Licence agreements?

Government interference?

Over estimation of Coal quality?


Edited by Magnet, 24 February 2015 - 11:35 AM.

  • 0

#13 yusufm

yusufm

    The Punter

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

I am quite strongly invested in Kibo. They have 5 projects, all almost in production stage.
Their main project is the Rukwa coal to power project. The company is close to finalising an agreement with other companies to develop Rukwa. We are currently awaiting the details of this deal which should be released around Easter time. Hume Capital has released a brokers note last month which price the company at 27p a share on just the Rukwa project.

Their nickel project is also a 'game changer' according to LC.

They currently have a JV agreement with Metal Tiger to develop a couple of other projects, many of which the company intends to get into production ASAP to generate early cash flows (their gold project mainly ).

I feel this company has huge potential going forward and they have been meeting their own deadlines studiously.

The posters on this board are also very well informed and I usually follow their discussions :
http://m.lse.co.uk/m...ice/?share=KIBO
  • 0

#14 Magnet

Magnet

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

I think this share deserves its own thread with the recent developments - listed on both the JSE and AIM.

 

Could anyone share their insights on the risks involved with investing in such a company?

 

Taking the CEO's comment at face value these shares should be rising by at least 400% this year if not more.

 

QA-Kibo-Mining-says-Rukwa-deal-could-be-completed-at-any-time

 

rukwa-power-plant-tie-up-to-boost-kibo-mining 


  • 0





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kibo, Mining, MTR, KBO, Rukwa


Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting