302 replies to this topic

#241 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Hi pdpshares ....

Its definitely going to drop. Negative results always have that effect.

Once it has dropped, it will find its base which is going to be hard to pinpoint, but when it turns, its going to be sudden and its going to shoot the lights out.
No-one saw it last time when Lonmin started its upward trend. If you are gonna try to time it, you gonna get it wrong. Buy on the way down or when you see the share price starting to stabilize.
I don't know when that will be, could take weeks.

I'm in already and I know that day is going to come when it turns. (I'm prepared to take the pain for now.)

My guess is that the big boys took some heavy losses on this one, and they got their pound of flesh by driving the price upwards.
They have and are continuing to sell it off.

One can see that the price is being driven down artificially .... and when the bad news has been digested, this one is going to be driven up by the big boys again.

Best of luck.

The ultimate profit hunter

#242 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Lol.it has been a hellish week for me. Down R34k😰. The stock market is a brutal place, but i am an investor and i say this one is not going to the grave. I still say that it will be R15 in April next year. Hope is alive.

#243 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the joining in a HOLY F%KIN" matrimony between SLEEKONE and LONMIN till debt do you part......AMEN.

Don't say there wasn't an opposing view to consider...... :huh: All the same best of luck post rights.

P.S. Still short with an erection... :D :D :D

#244 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

Interesting read, buylow, is there not a possibility that Lonmin closes down? Debt and so on? If the rights issue is declined by share holders?

Hi jaDeb, Thats a possibility but I doubt it - will mean losing 36k jobs in a very depressed market (not much chance of that labour being absorbed elsewhere in mining) and so my call is that unions "wont allow" that to happen = govt intervention might be the order of the day.

Always take responsibility for your own actions

#245 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hi pdpshares ....

Once it has dropped, it will find its base which is going to be hard to pinpoint, but when it turns, its going to be sudden and its going to shoot the lights out.

No-one saw it last time when Lonmin started its upward trend. If you are gonna try to time it, you gonna get it wrong. Buy on the way down or when you see the share price starting to stabilize. 

I'm in already and I know that day is going to come when it turns. (I'm prepared to take the pain for now.)

My guess is that the big boys took some heavy losses on this one, and they got their pound of flesh by driving the price upwards.

One can see that the price is being driven down artificially .... and when the bad news has been digested, this one is going to be driven up by the big boys again.

Best of luck.

Hi BL, Thanks for your comments. Makes a lot of sense, but I just thought that if the resolutions are passed at AGM on 19 and they get a positive nod of approval for the rights issue then that would trigger buying action. Gunna just watch things closely next week. Good luck too.

#246 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

Just suppose LON gets the go ahead from the shareholders, and the rights issue is full subscribed, and they get a bank willing (daring) to give them a loan for the rest.
Then LON starts implementing their survival plan and close some shafts and let the 6000 workers go.
I am very certain that the unions (you don't hear them at the moment, just waiting for the funds to arive) will call for a strike against the dismissals and while they are at it demand a handsome increase!!

#247 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

"Lonmin 19th November".....I also read (3rd on the Google list) their 2012 rights issue that was for $817mi....

Edited by soutie, 06 November 2015 - 02:33 PM.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#248 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

Interesting read, buylow, is there not a possibility that Lonmin closes down? Debt and so on? If the rights issue is declined by share holders?

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#249 buylow

buylow

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCape

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

Hi BL, Results are expected on Monday 9 Nov - do you expect a dramatic fall as a result on Monday or do you think its better to buy after the AGM?

Hi pdpshares ....

Best of luck.

β€œIn the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.” ― Benjamin Graham

#250 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Eish me still on sidelines... Too skrik to enter

#251 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

My name is not Buylow for nothing.  

All I am saying is wait for the 19th... If you don't know what the 19th is about .....  Google "Lonmin 19 November" 

Remember that Lonmin is British owned so we are talking pounds .... not rands currently at 21.13 !!!

Lonmin plc, formerly the mining division of Lonrho plc, is a British producer of platinum group metals operating in the Bushveld Complex of South Africa. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.

He who does not risk anything will not make anything.

Hang in there guys if you are in this one ... your payday will arrive.

Nuff said.

Hi BL, Results are expected on Monday 9 Nov - do you expect a dramatic fall as a result on Monday or do you think its better to buy after the AGM?

#252 buylow

buylow

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCape

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

My name is not Buylow for nothing.  

All I am saying is wait for the 19th... If you don't know what the 19th is about .....  Google "Lonmin 19 November" 

Remember that Lonmin is British owned so we are talking pounds .... not rands currently at 21.13 !!!

Lonmin plc, formerly the mining division of Lonrho plc, is a British producer of platinum group metals operating in the Bushveld Complex of South Africa. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.

He who does not risk anything will not make anything.

Hang in there guys if you are in this one ... your payday will arrive.

Nuff said.

β€œIn the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.” ― Benjamin Graham

#253 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

In at R6.80. Lonmin to reach R17 in April 2016. Holding on tight to this one

Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the joining in a HOLY F%KIN" matrimony between SLEEKONE and LONMIN till debt do you part......AMEN.

Don't say there wasn't an opposing view to consider...... :huh: All the same best of luck post rights.

P.S. Still short with an erection... :D :D :D

#254 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

Someone close the fcuken tap already.

Good one, agree..... it is sad....

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#255 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

Someone close the fcuken tap already.

#256 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

It is daunting to say the least, but i am trying not to lose it.lol The current CEO will be axed by next year,investors have bled enough.

#257 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

I'm not sure of sufficient appetite for yet another rights issue, me thinks there's mucho talks going on ATM trying to find out who would support another funds raise.

Plus their costs per ounce are not entirely under their control..Read AMCU....Eskom.....also what rarely gets mentioned is the re-cycled platinum which as I understand to be the 2nd largest suppliers of the metal....Note not producer of the metal.

Lastly the terms of realizing these funds will be scary onerous on every detail.

I will continue to short it from the R7 area.....tooo scared to go long not worth the risk...

My 2c

Edited by soutie, 29 October 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#258 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

Buy Ninja or forever wish you did.lol

#259 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Eish... R4.80... Now I'm scared to buyπŸ˜€

#260 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

Btw i strongly recommend a Buy rating on the stock,its actually among the few stocks that can double or even triple your money in the future.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting