15225 replies to this topic

#5121 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:47 PM

We are certainly sitting comfortable. We need to think about upside...and we need to think about any potential downside...and what could that do to limit upside or still result in wild swings either direction....

Look away and come back in 2 years....hopefully suppirt levels are in now and its only upside that we can look forward to. R4 and r6 is starting to look very real...

Good point. What news is still to come though ?

1) results due end of the month ?
2) details of the deal reached with consortium etc ?

What else ?

#5122 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

We are certainly sitting comfortable. We need to think about upside...and we need to think about any potential downside...and what could that do to limit upside or still result in wild swings either direction....

Look away and come back in 2 years....hopefully suppirt levels are in now and its only upside that we can look forward to. R4 and r6 is starting to look very real...

#5123 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

Look away and come back in 2 years....hopefully suppirt peveps are in now and its only upside that we can look forward to. R4 and r6 is starting to look very real...

#5124 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:11 PM

Question the amount that Deloitte will pay does that get subtracted from the overall settlement amount SNH agreed to?

No, this is additional to Steinhoff's offer... I'm sure somewhere in that is part of Conservatorium's carrot...

#5125 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:10 PM

I watch business day TV every evening. Today news was good for SNH but they don't even mention it.is that a ploy of the media to keep the share price down?

#5126 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:50 PM

Question the amount that Deloitte will pay does that get subtracted from the overall settlement amount SNH agreed to?

#5127 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 February 2021 - 05:43 PM

Yip,the Company now in a far better position to get an unqualified audit, there were previously to many unresolved issues that would have major effect on the accounts that oblidged the auditors to quailfy the financials.

I spoke to the company last week wrt the possibility of revisiting the last audits and ammending the last financials to "unqualified" given the now confirmed position but they felt it was not worth upsetting the process of what they are busy with and that this would in future be resolved.

Dont know if the audits about to come out will be unqualified given the timing of the current processes and the imminent release but lets hope so. This will make a massive difference as then Institutions and funds with restricted investment mandates will once also be allowed to acquire SNH.

For the moment, I am slowly acquiring and will stay 'long'!

Are you talking about the annual report that is due 26th of February? 

#5128 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:37 PM

Well it looks like I am going to have a green beer tonight.

#5129 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:05 PM

Yip,the Company now in a far better position to get an unqualified audit, there were previously to many unresolved issues that would have major effect on the accounts that oblidged the auditors to quailfy the financials.

I spoke to the company last week wrt the possibility of revisiting the last audits and ammending the last financials to "unqualified" given the now confirmed position but they felt it was not worth upsetting the process of what they are busy with and that this would in future be resolved.

Dont know if the audits about to come out will be unqualified given the timing of the current processes and the imminent release but lets hope so. This will make a massive difference as then Institutions and funds with restricted investment mandates will once also be allowed to acquire SNH.

GREAT NEWS FINALLY

#5130 Everlearning

Everlearning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:08 PM

#5131 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:21 PM

Sorry, I see this was old news for Steinhoff Investment Holdings.  We're still waiting for Steinhoff International to be published before month-end...

phew....then maybe an unqualified audit is in the month end.....that will go along way towards confidence building......

#5132 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM

Thanks, if you know the youtube video you speak of, please provide link. 

there are most likely better tutorials with better explanations and examples 

#5133 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

They do that... sell a few pockets of 200 shares for 20% discount and watch the price fall and then nab up 50k or 500k shares at a 20% discount. Rinse and repeat. Their pockets are much deeper than ours and they have millions of shares and R's to play with. I read somewhere that they also don't pay brokerage fees, so all the trading is basically free for them. 

There is a clip on YouTube about a hedgefund manager that explains how they manipulated the stock markets back in the day. I don't think the JSE does put / call options? But they do similar tactics. If you watch the trades of the day you'll see the shares of 10 / 200 / 2 and such come through. 

Thanks, if you know the youtube video you speak of, please provide link. 

#5134 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:47 AM

Wait for the afternoon pump

I'm an investor not a trader been feeling pain for to long.. Its now time to sit back and watch SNH unfold into the company that we know it can be. I'm not driven by greed or fear like most traders are!

#5135 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:42 AM

The big boys depressing the share again.

Wait for the afternoon pump 😁

#5136 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM

How and why?

They do that... sell a few pockets of 200 shares for 20% discount and watch the price fall and then nab up 50k or 500k shares at a 20% discount. Rinse and repeat. Their pockets are much deeper than ours and they have millions of shares and R's to play with. I read somewhere that they also don't pay brokerage fees, so all the trading is basically free for them. 

There is a clip on YouTube about a hedgefund manager that explains how they manipulated the stock markets back in the day. I don't think the JSE does put / call options? But they do similar tactics. If you watch the trades of the day you'll see the shares of 10 / 200 / 2 and such come through. 

#5137 Polla

Polla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

Sorry, I see this was old news for Steinhoff Investment Holdings.  We're still waiting for Steinhoff International to be published before month-end...

#5138 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:59 AM

How and why?

#5139 Tiekkie

Tiekkie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

#5140 Squideye

Squideye

Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationIPL T20 Venue

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:32 AM

FINALLY - biggest opponent of the settlement, Conservatorium, joins in. Deloitte digs into its coffers once again.

After Steinhoff International Holdings NV was able to report positive developments in the last three weeks:   Reference to the various existing variants for the future of the European Pepco Group. Then the results of the South African subsidiary Pepkor Holdings Ltd. for the Q1 of its financial year 2020/21 ending on 31.12. 2020 with a 7.7 5 increase in turnover, relatively good figures - under Corona conditions - of the growth pearl Pepco Group were also added. Then in the High Court, they managed to get clearance for the settlement from the debt providers - against fierce opposition from Conservatorium Holdings . And the decision was close. Anyway, after that, there were actually two hearings scheduled for last week Monday in the District Court Amsterdam - one brought by Conservatorium.

And after surprisingly last week Monday was only briefly announced: The hearing before the District Court will be postponed to 15.02.2021 at Steinhoff's request, "white smoke" came from Steinhoff last night:

Even with Conservatorium an agreement was reached last night! The last big opponent of a settlement is now "in line".
In London it had become clear to all parties involved that Conservatorium Holdings could well influence the settlement process with its legal remedies, possibly even blocking it:

Conservatorium Holdings LLC filed an opposition to acknowledge the decision. Conservatorium is an SPV - a hedge fund that bought up claims against Christo Wiese cheaply from a consortium of banks and is now trying to "get something from Steinhoff". In London they almost "got away" with it.  The judges were quite sympathetic to Conservatorium's argument: "I reach that conclusion on the basis that although it is a third party, and not a Scheme Creditor, Conservatorium has a sufficient interest in the wider restructuring of which the present Scheme forms part to justify its views at least being heard and taken into account.

Need for action at Steinhoff - because without settlement Steinhoff is "nothing"
After the victory in London and the surprising postponement of the trial in Amsterdam, many hoped for an agreement with Conservatorium - Steinhoff needs a quick settlement so that it can start thinking about "the future" again.

And now Steinhoff seems to have reached its goal - with a double blow: even if the details are not yet public, Steinhoff is celebrating the agreement with Conservatorium Holdings and other "entities" surrounding Christo Wiese.  This is about claims against Steinhoff in connection with the loan financing of Steinhoff share purchases chosen by Christo Weise and about "securities" which they think they can enforce against Stzeinhoff,

Result: the Conservatorium withdraws the suit in Amsterdam!
And thus finally clears the way for a settlement with the potential "Steinhoff victims". Although the settlement is tied to some conditions, these seem to be fulfilled at the moment.

Deloitte is probably bleeding a second time for this!
All parties involved seem tired of the uncertainty. Steinhoff apparently managed to open the coffers of Deloitte, the auditors who "waved through" the false Steinhoff balance sheets at the time and provided them with an audit certificate. Already in October last year, Deloitte paid a financial compensation to the VEB plaintiffs or committed itself to do so and thus made Steinhoff's settlement proposal more attractive for this group. On 29.10.2020 it was said: "Next step "normality" - VEB also reaches agreement with Deloitte - more money for investors".

And tonight, more than EUR 70 million is added by Deloitte.
At one point Deloitte will pay EUR 55.34 million to the group of "MPC claim holders", provided they accept the settlement with Steinhoff in a joint form and at the same time claim their participation in Deloitte's "fund". This of course increases the acceptance rate of the settlement proposal: "In that form, MPC Claimants or their representatives who in due course wish to apply to receive a part of the Deloitte MPC Settlement Fund must (i) expressly state this wish in the claim form to be published by ticking the relevant box and (ii) must expressly provide the waivers and releases for the benefit".

Everything in the world is only for those who have eyes to see it...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting