15225 replies to this topic

#7681 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:01 PM

Pure fantasy, I‘m not an accountant but.....come one..... from zero to 2 €€€€€€€€

Yeah I think the guy from wikifolio missed the point that only 4,3 Billion shares are actually issued. So your loss can only be offset by the 4,3 Billion times 0,49. At the end Equity will be the same with no impact. 

#7682 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Steinhoff 
-0.68%
KursTrendCom (KTRENDIT): I looked again at the Annual General Meeting documents Appendix 4 and seen the book profit from the capital reduction should even be over € 8 billion. Almost all book losses from the scandal could then be offset against this. The book profit results from the reduction of the nominal value of 17.5 billion shares from 0.50€ to 0.01€. According to https://de.wikipedia...talherabsetzung the capital reduction also serves "to eliminate an existing net loss". Thus with a blow the book value would be again over 2 euro! Times the exact calculation: 17Mrd * 0,50€ = 8,5 Mrd € new value 17 Mrd * 0,01€ = 170 Mio€ With it the book profit would amount to 8,33Mrd€. If I have seen it correctly, preference shares will also be cancelled from €20 billion approved to €4 billion, which will also bring another €160 million book profit. So the total book profit would be €8.49 billion. But the purpose must be stated at the Annual General Meeting. (Appendix 7 11.6) Perhaps there will also be something about this on August 13 at the presentation.  (09.08. 08:39)

https://www.boerse-s...und_beyond_meat

Can this be true? Would be great but doubt that this would happen

Pure fantasy, I‘m not an accountant but.....come one..... from zero to 2 €€€€€€€€

#7683 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:09 AM

Steinhoff 
-0.68%
KursTrendCom (KTRENDIT): I looked again at the Annual General Meeting documents Appendix 4 and seen the book profit from the capital reduction should even be over € 8 billion. Almost all book losses from the scandal could then be offset against this. The book profit results from the reduction of the nominal value of 17.5 billion shares from 0.50€ to 0.01€. According to https://de.wikipedia...talherabsetzung the capital reduction also serves "to eliminate an existing net loss". Thus with a blow the book value would be again over 2 euro! Times the exact calculation: 17Mrd * 0,50€ = 8,5 Mrd € new value 17 Mrd * 0,01€ = 170 Mio€ With it the book profit would amount to 8,33Mrd€. If I have seen it correctly, preference shares will also be cancelled from €20 billion approved to €4 billion, which will also bring another €160 million book profit. So the total book profit would be €8.49 billion. But the purpose must be stated at the Annual General Meeting. (Appendix 7 11.6) Perhaps there will also be something about this on August 13 at the presentation.  (09.08. 08:39)

Can this be true? Would be great but doubt that this would happen 

#7684 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

The outlook makes this puppy turnaround and the closing of the credit agreement, nothing new.

#7685 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Hi dtd, JK, all..

Firstly, happy women’s day to all

The point I am trying to make is we need to hold management accountable. Or at least the board and chairperson should.
The leadership at snh were all aware of the challenge when they accepted their positions so this is not an acceptable excuse.

I work for a S&P 500 company so have a good understanding of the nature or this challenge.
This complicated nature does not absolve the leadership of their duties and responsibilities. One main objective should be to re-establish trust of all stakeholders. I believe constantly delaying the lua finalization has a contradictory effect.

I also understand they have to be extremely careful with what info they share due to possible legal consequences, but at least make a decent effort and stick to the timelines.
Once again, these timelines are self imposed.

The share price is at R1,20 something, so whatever the game plan has been up to now is not successful.

I really hope they have a great presentation and info at the investor presentation and that this will be the start of a turn around. The business has great potential

Indeed happy women's day!!!

I agree management must be accountable and quite sure they will be and have no doubt they working hard to sort thing out but there is no excuse for poor communication. The latest wording well we need extra 10 days but we still trying to finish on the 9th  - Surely at that professional level paying millions in advisory fees they can do much better than that.

Imagine if the said: We need to extend by 10 days because a,b,c.... (less talking much more informative). The poor communication has lead to no one virtually believing anything that is said.

From the post of MrGermanGuy it looks the presentation is just going to be a repeat of the old stuff because restructure still not done (CVA finalised). All investor are waiting to see what is the future not interested to listen again to the old stories they are well know by now.

I am afraid until IR starts communicating properly with the investors to build confidence share price will stay were it is.

Anyway this my thoughts!!!

#7686 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hi dtd, JK, all..

Firstly, happy women’s day to all 😁

The point I am trying to make is we need to hold management accountable. Or at least the board and chairperson should.
The leadership at snh were all aware of the challenge when they accepted their positions so this is not an acceptable excuse.

I work for a S&P 500 company so have a good understanding of the nature or this challenge.
This complicated nature does not absolve the leadership of their duties and responsibilities. One main objective should be to re-establish trust of all stakeholders. I believe constantly delaying the lua finalization has a contradictory effect.

I also understand they have to be extremely careful with what info they share due to possible legal consequences, but at least make a decent effort and stick to the timelines.
Once again, these timelines are self imposed.

The share price is at R1,20 something, so whatever the game plan has been up to now is not successful.

I really hope they have a great presentation and info at the investor presentation and that this will be the start of a turn around. The business has great potential

#7687 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

"approx 12000 Retail outlets, 9 million m2 Retail Space, 2.5 million m2 Warehouse Space, 4 million m2 Property Portfolio, 26 Manufacturing facilities,150 000 Containers shipped annually, Approximately 130 000 employees in more than 30 countries."

Running a multi-national corporate take slightly more than just running a transport business, including but not limited to a load of business sense.   Easy to criticize and judge from the sideline.

Well put it is always easy to run other people down even when one has no understanding of complexities.

#7688 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

This is a mammoth task, don't underestimate the accomplishment of the team thus far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

I agree my issue is with the way they write the information the IR department. I recon many people still have no clue how complicated this whole thing is.

#7689 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:30 PM

I'll put my monies in again when I hear du preez gets the boot.... Dude is useless

If they are so incompetent why still bothering to hang around. Just cannot figure out if a person does not believe in something why not move on and find another thing. 

#7690 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

From a German board,
Answer to next week,

Hi Mr X

Thank you for your email. The Investor Presentation will be going ahead as scheduled. The extension to the long-stop date does not change anything.
The presentation will focus on the events that have taken place since December 2017, including improvements in governance, the financial restructure, the financial restatement process, the 2017 and 2018 Annual Reports, the 2019 Half-year Report and an operational outlook.

Kind regards

Steinhoff Investor Relations

#7691 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

You do realise that snh has got control of nothing right? They are weak to the core in business sense..... Management the only ones who can turn that around

"approx 12000 Retail outlets, 9 million m2 Retail Space, 2.5 million m2 Warehouse Space, 4 million m2 Property Portfolio, 26 Manufacturing facilities,150 000 Containers shipped annually, Approximately 130 000 employees in more than 30 countries."

Running a multi-national corporate take slightly more than just running a transport business, including but not limited to a load of business sense.   Easy to criticize and judge from the sideline.

#7692 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

This is a mammoth task, don't underestimate the accomplishment of the team thus far.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#7693 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:22 PM

If you read the sense you would see it is not something SNH has control over. Agree communication could have been better

You do realise that snh has got control of nothing right? They are weak to the core in business sense..... Management the only ones who can turn that around

#7694 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

they put Ms Heather Sonn incharge of this ship? my life savings would go into steinhoff.......and it aint monopoly monies, she has much better credentials AND she has a sense of integrity about her.......that other guy.....full time liar

Not too sure of my life savings. And she has been involved for some time already

#7695 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

If you read the sense you would see it is not something SNH has control over. Agree communication could have been better

Hi JK

I understand that, but all factors should be taken into account before committing to a deadline.
There is this trend of continuous delays and using this as an excuse.

My opinion...

#7696 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

they put Ms Heather Sonn incharge of this ship? my life savings would go into steinhoff.......and it aint monopoly monies, she has much better credentials AND she has a sense of integrity about her.......that other guy.....full time liar

#7697 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:08 PM

#7698 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Someone needs to do a little performance management with these cats.
Continuously missing self imposed deadlines are never acceptable.

#7699 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

I'll put my monies in again when I hear du preez gets the boot.... Dude is useless

Mark Barnes, he proved his time in postnet .....would do a way better job than this ouk, ex attorney eish.....

#7700 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

I don’t get it. Snh keeps breaking their own commitments. Classic incompetence imo

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting