15225 replies to this topic

#11161 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

i think so too.......what happened to interim results? supposed to come out 31december?

Lionelza1, may I enquire?  What interim results are you referring to? 

1. Steinhoff's reporting financial year is to 30 Sept - so the full year results must be published by end December.

2. Steinhoff interim results for the half-year to end March 2018 was released on 29 June 2018 in an unaudited format due to the well documented alleged accounting malpractise. 

Regards

Captainfrom82

#11162 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Hi andi, i agree with you on being patient for turn around time, might even take longer than 4 more months in my opinion.

We await quaterly update ending 31sep2018? the figures are current so why is it taking so long? surely we should not be patient for that? i do not recall them delaying q-update 30June2018 for a prolonged period.

Is it a must for them to release q-update sept2018? or are they allowed to consolidate and issue 2019q1 trading update next month as per the shareholder diary on their website (im totally confused with that.....q12019 trading update in feb?)

I keep on seeing various members advising that they are waiting for Q4.  I have never seen a Q4 update (certainly not by Steinhoff).  By definition of you receive Q4, you would largely be able to work out various annual reporting details.

Can someone clarify this, or am I seeing things differently?

Regards

Captainfrom82

#11163 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

Hi, 

I am so tired of being patient....

My av is at R 1.69 with a 30K loss :(

#11164 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Hi andi, i agree with you on being patient for turn around time, might even take longer than 4 more months in my opinion.

We await quaterly update ending 31sep2018? the figures are current so why is it taking so long? surely we should not be patient for that? i do not recall them delaying q-update 30June2018 for a prolonged period.

Is it a must for them to release q-update sept2018? or are they allowed to consolidate and issue 2019q1 trading update next month as per the shareholder diary on their website (im totally confused with that.....q12019 trading update in feb?)

Yip. Also don't get it why we can't get Q4 full year. But only Q1?

Makes no sense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#11165 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

Guys, just give it time. Management is trying their best to save value in this company. A turnaround normally takes between 20 and 30 months. Look at Infineon for example. They nearly recovered 90% of their value. 

If Wiese bought 100 million shares I'm pretty sure he will buy more. Just hold tight for another 4 months and we will know a lot more. 

#11166 ESS

ESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

If Wiese or anyone related to him, buy shares, and then drop his case, then Wiese will be charged with market manipulation (which is an illegal act), so I doubt that Wiese will attempt any such clearly detectable illegal act.
I doubt that Wiese will be dropping his case against Steinhoff, because there's no other way for him to recover the money, and also he can use his case to show that he wasn't part of the fraud in defending himself against the court cases coming against him.

Consider that Wiese might only use legal action to allow for him not to comment using sub-justice statement. Having all the books and info not available to normal share holders and having opportunity to check it out in more detail than any other share holder and he served on board ....look at case law relating to patent defects in RSA his case could be very weak. But as with all things relating to SNH all is just speculating. The same patent defects issue doesnot apply to other law suites. All depends on info he had availible or access to.

#11167 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

If Wiese or anyone related to him, buy shares, and then drop his case, then Wiese will be charged with market manipulation (which is an illegal act), so I doubt that Wiese will attempt any such clearly detectable illegal act.

I doubt that Wiese will be dropping his case against Steinhoff, because there's no other way for him to recover the money, and also he can use his case to show that he wasn't part of the fraud in defending himself against the court cases coming against him.

My take is Wiese has realized he cannot get any claim against SNH but has to go after Jooste. So if Jooste goes bankrupt then Wiese better have shares in SNH to recover is losses.

#11168 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

#11169 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Guys, just give it time. Management is trying their best to save value in this company. A turnaround normally takes between 20 and 30 months. Look at Infineon for example. They nearly recovered 90% of their value. 

If Wiese bought 100 million shares I'm pretty sure he will buy more. Just hold tight for another 4 months and we will know a lot more. 

#11170 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Not sure about SNH Frankfurt, but there has been no change on the JSE.SNH.

This is old stuff. The actual now is 246 mil

#11171 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Not directed at anyone's comment. It's just impossible to make head or tail without decent financial info.

I at least enjoyed trading it as it had some movement, now it's doing nothing.

Anything else is just speculation. And I'm surprised they haven't suspended the share actually.

#11172 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Can you please explain more what you want to say? (I do personally have very serious worries about this beleaguered share, but there are a minority (I think) of people that have somewhat high expectations of the strength this share, its current board, and/or the intentions of the creditors, I think ZERO is a possibility sooner or late, and the creditors will suck it dry).

market waiting for more info from these noobs.......hang in there as they might suprise us....the general trend is down to the gutters tho

#11173 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

I think the share is dead.

i think so too.......what happened to interim results? supposed to come out 31december?

#11174 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Can you please explain more what you want to say? (I do personally have very serious worries about this beleaguered share, but there are a minority (I think) of people that have somewhat high expectations of the strength this share, its current board, and/or the intentions of the creditors, I think ZERO is a possibility sooner or late, and the creditors will suck it dry).

Edited by Tom, 07 January 2019 - 04:46 PM.

#11175 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

#11176 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

As per Reuters

#11177 leo

leo

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Attached Files

#11178 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, must be good then.

Who is Clearstream Banking SA Luxembourg? Is that the company connecting JSE and Frankfurt listing..?

Yeah must be, doubt that they own more than 50% of the shares in issue.

#11179 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Yes its legit go to http://www.companyshareholders.com/ you can register and get 10 free reports of top 10 shareholders per month.

Thanks, must be good then.

Who is Clearstream Banking SA Luxembourg? Is that the company connecting JSE and Frankfurt listing..?

Edited by Bubble, 07 January 2019 - 11:46 AM.

#11180 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

From where did you get this information?
Is it legit? Because if titan is buying more shares the law suit will definatly be dropped.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Yes its legit go to http://www.companyshareholders.com/ you can register and get 10 free reports of top 10 shareholders per month.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting