That was a quick call.

#384 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:33 AM

SA inflation figures reported. Very low. Do you maybe think this is pushing up alsi?

#385 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

short 5c @46959

stop +150

Tp-150

#386 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

Scalptrader, Well said and well justified!!!! Problem with this forum is that the others complain when you dont post and brand you as a lurker, but when you do post they are all over you with comments - dont even try to find out whether you are new to trading, still learning (never stops actually) or a master trader (like them selves). JJBEN should know better not to ask for the value of your trades - thats just not cricket, old chap!!. Have not seen JJBEN post for a long time now!

Keep up your posts and its good to see a short comment as to reason for levels - Thanks.

Scalp you doing great bud. Keep it up.  B)

#387 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

and closed for 740pips

target arrived but a little too late for me.

#388 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

short 5c @ 46853

stop +250

take profit -200

and closed for 740pips

#389 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

Scalp/The machine - Agree to what you do man! Ignore sour apples.

#390 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hi JJBen, thank you for your input and concerns.

1. Do you trade for the fun of it or do you need a sustainable monthly income from it?

Neither. learning to be a full time trader with money can afford to lose.

2. I see that you trade IG cash. Is that the micro contract or the full mini contract at R10/pip?

Full Mini R10.00 per pip contract

3. Do you plan a trade and then trade the plan?

No, trying to trade full time and as  a scalper who looks at quick impulsive trade setups, have to trade  price/setups as and when they occur. And yes, do try to use/follow a system i have in place for entries.

4. What is the maximum level of drawdown allowed on your total cash margin?

Dont think this applies to me. Started trading with a capital of R100000.00 and soon bust it. School fees paid with money was prepared to lose. Next R100000 put in has gone up 3 fold so far. So drawdown do not really worry about YET. As long as account is showing a positive equity curve, more than happy.

5. Do you take slippage into account on your trades? With IG, and the very tight pip trades that you take, that can be up to 20% of your trade. Not my cuppa, but each man for himself.

As trading full time, do not put in limit orders. All entries are first traded and then posted . Exits could be some drawdown but very very minimal. Some exits closed manually as most times am near screen. So fortunately slippage is less than .025%

6. I told you previously that you need to have a large enough sample size to prove a system/plan. If you think 10 trades make you a trader, then good luck. If you really think I am an old sour arse, please contact old-hand on-line traders for their opinion. I openly invite you to contact Igor Marincovic (@Alsitrader) or another long term alsi trader (twitter handle @ trader1137) for their opinion.

How many trades would you constitute a large enough sample size for me to get that couchy job?

If you scalping with a 1:1 ratio, stops is a must must. Otherwise you gambling. One may meet the 70%  for winning trades but without stops, that 70% would mean nothing as some losses may be huge compared to some gains.

Sorry JJBen, posting entry and exits take up enough time here and then adding reasons etc would reduce my more important screen time.

Scalptrader, Well said and well justified!!!! Problem with this forum is that the others complain when you dont post and brand you as a lurker, but when you do post they are all over you with comments - dont even try to find out whether you are new to trading, still learning (never stops actually) or a master trader (like them selves). JJBEN should know better not to ask for the value of your trades - thats just not cricket, old chap!!. Have not seen JJBEN post for a long time now!

Keep up your posts and its good to see a short comment as to reason for levels - Thanks.

Always take responsibility for your own actions

#391 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

short 5c @ 46853

stop +250

take profit -200

#392 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

short 5c this morning @ 46990 ..Red Dow and Ftse Futures

Stop@ 47120  Yesterdays High

Take Profit @ 46830 just above S1and within yesterdays candle on low side

Will reassess take profit on opening as may be more downside

closed at target for 800pips

#393 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

short 5c this morning @ 46990 ..Red Dow and Ftse Futures

Stop@ 47120  Yesterdays High

Take Profit @ 46830 just above S1and within yesterdays candle on low side

Will reassess take profit on opening as may be more downside

#394 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

OK Scalp, I will take the bait....

Lets make this a positive experience for both so that all can learn... 

You have just managed to string together 10 trades over a few days yielding very, very good results. Well done. To put all of this in (sobering) perspective, do you mind answering the following basic questions:

1. Do you trade for the fun of it or do you need a sustainable monthly income from it?

2. I see that you trade IG cash. Is that the micro contract or the full mini contract at R10/pip?

5. Do you take slippage into account on your trades? With IG, and the very tight pip trades that you take, that can be up to 20% of your trade. Not my cuppa, but each man for himself.

6. I told you previously that you need to have a large enough sample size to prove a system/plan. If you think 10 trades make you a trader, then good luck. If you really think I am an old sour arse, please contact old-hand on-line traders for their opinion. I openly invite you to contact Igor Marincovic (@Alsitrader) or another long term alsi trader (twitter handle @ trader1137) for their opinion.

I can make this list 50 points long but then I will sound like a real old fart.

PS I once had 43 winning trades in a row over 3 weeks. I really thought I was invincible. Then the ALSI happened to me.

PSS I really admire the fact that you implement a stop loss on all trades. It took me a long time to realise the ABSOLUTE importance of it. 80% of traders just never ever get to that point and give up.

I would love to see more of your posts here, but maybe consider a trading reason attached. Reason for entry, reason for specific stop loss level, etc. This way a lot of people can learn a lot from your inputs. I don't trade as much as you do, and I DONT have an 85% success rate. But I've been doing it full time for the last 14 years.....

Hi JJBen, thank you for your input and concerns.

Neither. learning to be a full time trader with money can afford to lose.

Full Mini R10.00 per pip contract

No, trying to trade full time and as  a scalper who looks at quick impulsive trade setups, have to trade  price/setups as and when they occur. And yes, do try to use/follow a system i have in place for entries.

Dont think this applies to me. Started trading with a capital of R100000.00 and soon bust it. School fees paid with money was prepared to lose. Next R100000 put in has gone up 3 fold so far. So drawdown do not really worry about YET. As long as account is showing a positive equity curve, more than happy.

As trading full time, do not put in limit orders. All entries are first traded and then posted . Exits could be some drawdown but very very minimal. Some exits closed manually as most times am near screen. So fortunately slippage is less than .025%

How many trades would you constitute a large enough sample size for me to get that couchy job?

If you scalping with a 1:1 ratio, stops is a must must. Otherwise you gambling. One may meet the 70%  for winning trades but without stops, that 70% would mean nothing as some losses may be huge compared to some gains.

Sorry JJBen, posting entry and exits take up enough time here and then adding reasons etc would reduce my more important screen time.

#395 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

OK Scalp, I will take the bait....

Lets make this a positive experience for both so that all can learn... 

You have just managed to string together 10 trades over a few days yielding very, very good results. Well done. To put all of this in (sobering) perspective, do you mind answering the following basic questions:

I can make this list 50 points long but then I will sound like a real old fart.

PS I once had 43 winning trades in a row over 3 weeks. I really thought I was invincible. Then the ALSI happened to me.

PSS I really admire the fact that you implement a stop loss on all trades. It took me a long time to realise the ABSOLUTE importance of it. 80% of traders just never ever get to that point and give up.

I would love to see more of your posts here, but maybe consider a trading reason attached. Reason for entry, reason for specific stop loss level, etc. This way a lot of people can learn a lot from your inputs. I don't trade as much as you do, and I DONT have an 85% success rate. But I've been doing it full time for the last 14 years.....

Edited by JJBen, 19 April 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#396 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

short 5 contracts @ 46985

stop at 47235

take profit +-46800

closed manually at 46950 for 175p profit

#397 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

short 5 contracts @ 46985

stop at 47235

take profit +-46800

#398 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

Easy to say now but thought when I saw your post your stop is to tight.

win some , lose some with these stops

But as long as i keep my winning ratio above 70% im ok.

#399 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

and stopped for 500pip loss

Easy to say now but thought when I saw your post your stop is to tight.

#400 Scalptrader

Scalptrader

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

and stopped for 500pip loss

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting