#21 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

We have repurchased shares under the share repurchase programme announced on 11
March 2019. The price at which shares were repurchased ranged from 2,222 to 2,313
cents. The shares repurchased will be cancelled and revert to authorised but
unissued share capital. Following the shares repurchased to date the Group will
have 4,831,264,848 ordinary shares in issue.

From their 3 month update SENS. 

#22 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

I'm no fan of disputes like this but can't help viewing it as a David vs Goliath with Manuel being a bully because he's seen to be part of the establishment.

Like his wife totally over-rated with a self importance condition. BEE deluxe..

Anyway that aside volumes are crazy down at the 1yr low mark +\-R18.60

I'm long from 1862....Let's see...

I do know that their business tentacles are absolutely everywhere in SA so safe bet me thinks.. ;)

I'm hoping it's one of those shares that with a small bit of info released, we'll see a big upswing. Trading on sentiment currently 

#23 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

I'm no fan of disputes like this but can't help viewing it as a David vs Goliath with Manuel being a bully because he's seen to be part of the establishment.

Like his wife totally over-rated with a self importance condition. BEE deluxe..

Anyway that aside volumes are crazy down at the 1yr low mark +\-R18.60

I'm long from 1862....Let's see...

I do know that their business tentacles are absolutely everywhere in SA so safe bet me thinks.. ;)

Anyone need a heads up...!

#24 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

Is anybody viewing this boardroom spat as a long term buy...?

I haven't followed OML through to it's now OMU has anyone here...?

I've taken a long position CFD...

Thinking of adding 5k to my retirement portfolio so any advice will be welcome I'll do my own research over the weekend, but my gut tells me this is an anomaly to exploit.

Cheers.

My only concern is that with Moyo in court, a few skeletons will jump out of the closet if he doesn't get his way. 

I've taken a punt at this price as it is attractive though. 

#25 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:41 AM

Is anybody viewing this boardroom spat as a long term buy...?

I haven't followed OML through to it's now OMU has anyone here...?

I've taken a long position CFD...

Thinking of adding 5k to my retirement portfolio so any advice will be welcome I'll do my own research over the weekend, but my gut tells me this is an anomaly to exploit.

Cheers.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#26 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

managed separation completed today.  NED shareholders now increased from about 12K to about 500K.

#27 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

DT on the SA Register, Malawian Register, Namibian Register and
Zimbabwean Register in order to participate in the Nedbank Tuesday, 9 October 2018
Unbundling .............................................................................................
LDT on the UK Register in order to participate in the Nedbank Wednesday, 10 October
Unbundling………………………………………………………………… 2018
Old Mutual Shares trade “ex” entitlement on the SA Register,
Wednesday, 10 October
Malawian Register, Namibian Register and Zimbabwean Register to
receive the Unbundled Nedbank Shares ................................................
Old Mutual Shares trade “ex” entitlement on the UK Register to Thursday, 11 October
receive the Unbundled Nedbank Shares ................................................ 2018
Announcement expected to be released on SENS and RNS By 11:00 a.m. on
regarding the Cash Proceeds, the Applicable Rate in respect of Thursday, 11 October
fractional entitlements and cost apportionment ...................................... 2018
5:00 p.m. (SA time) /
Record date and Record Time ............................................................... 4:00 p.m. (UK time) on
Friday, 12 October 2018
Transfers between the Registers opened, commencement of trade
Monday, 15 October 2018
on ...........................................................................................................
9:00 a.m. on Monday,
Nedbank Unbundling implemented (Distribution Date) ..........................
15 October 2018
Old Mutual Shareholders’ accounts at CSDP or broker expected to
Monday, 15 October 2018
be updated and credited .........................................................................
Thursday, 18 October
Despatch of share certificates for Unbundled Nedbank Shares ............

Also paid a special divi of R1.00 yesterday was last day to register

Thanks Polly

#28 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

The article I read says the Nedbank split will be finalised by year end .. hence my confusion...

DT on the SA Register, Malawian Register, Namibian Register and
Zimbabwean Register in order to participate in the Nedbank                                                       Tuesday, 9 October 2018
Unbundling .............................................................................................
LDT on the UK Register in order to participate in the Nedbank                                                    Wednesday, 10 October
Unbundling…………………………………………………………………                                                                              2018
Old Mutual Shares trade “ex” entitlement on the SA Register,
                                                                                                                 Wednesday, 10 October
Malawian Register, Namibian Register and Zimbabwean Register to
                                                                                                                 2018
receive the Unbundled Nedbank Shares ................................................
Old Mutual Shares trade “ex” entitlement on the UK Register to                                                   Thursday, 11 October
receive the Unbundled Nedbank Shares ................................................                            2018
Announcement expected to be released on SENS and RNS                                                             By 11:00 a.m. on
regarding the Cash Proceeds, the Applicable Rate in respect of                                                   Thursday, 11 October
fractional entitlements and cost apportionment ......................................                            2018
                                                                                                                 5:00 p.m. (SA time) /
Record date and Record Time ...............................................................                      4:00 p.m. (UK time) on
                                                                                                                 Friday, 12 October 2018
Transfers between the Registers opened, commencement of trade
                                                                                                                 Monday, 15 October 2018
on ...........................................................................................................
                                                                                                                 9:00 a.m. on Monday,
Nedbank Unbundling implemented (Distribution Date) ..........................
                                                                                                                 15 October 2018
Old Mutual Shareholders’ accounts at CSDP or broker expected to
                                                                                                                 Monday, 15 October 2018
be updated and credited .........................................................................
                                                                                                                 Thursday, 18 October
Despatch of share certificates for Unbundled Nedbank Shares ............
                                                                                                                 2018

Also paid a special divi of R1.00 yesterday was last day to register

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#29 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

no man....why will it drop or go up? depends on market conditions that....u not better off or worse off from yesterday to today if u a old mutual shareholder,,,,

The article I read says the Nedbank split will be finalised by year end .. hence my confusion...

#30 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

So the share is going to continue to drop till year end ?

no man....why will it drop or go up?  depends on market conditions that....u not better off or worse off from yesterday to today if u a old mutual shareholder,,,,

Edited by Polly, 10 October 2018 - 03:47 PM.

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#31 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:42 PM

So the share is going to continue to drop till year end ?

#32 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:27 PM

why would it come back up?

OM before split is nedbank 10 + other 20 = 30
nedbak given to you = 10

SO left over OM is now 20 plus ur nedbank shares 10

PS arbitary figures to explain

ahhhh I see .. was not aware of the split .. just saw a heavy drop in share price ...

#33 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Is it going to come back up ?

why would it come back up?  

OM before split    is nedbank 10 + other  20 = 30

nedbak given to you  = 10

SO left over OM is now 20   plus ur nedbank shares 10

PS arbitary figures to explain

#34 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

as of today u will own shares in both nedbank and om....hence value of OM drops by value of nedbank share given away.

Is it going to come back up ?

#35 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

as of today u will own shares in both nedbank and om....hence value of OM drops by value of nedbank share given away.

#36 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

Polly what is happening they are 50 percent down !?!

Think its the Nedbank share give away/split to shareholders of OM..

Dont know the ratio but can only be that

#37 realkingkam

realkingkam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

Polly what is happening they are 50 percent down !?!

#38 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Unfortunately I can only find data for the new share OMU, nothing for OML. The OMU price plus the one Quilter share for every three held does not seem to be close to what I think OML traded in the week before the unbundling.

OML doesn't exist anymore, it has been replaced by OMU & QLT. OML shareholders got fleeced by the directors. The directors made it out with millions, shareholders were told about "value unlock " pie in the sky kind of story, you get my drift?

#39 NewBee

NewBee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

Check Google or Sharenet or moneyweb
Friday closing price was R2779.

Investors got played here. The winners were the execs and banks overseeing the unbundling taking home millions. Old mutual plc shareholders lost here or are still losing.

Unfortunately I can only find data for the new share OMU, nothing for OML. The OMU price plus the one Quilter share for every three held does not seem to be close to what I think OML traded in the week before the unbundling. 

#40 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

Is there anywhere I can see the final closing price for OML on the JSE?

Check Google or Sharenet or moneyweb
Friday closing price was R2779.

Investors got played here. The winners were the execs and banks overseeing the unbundling taking home millions. Old mutual plc shareholders lost here or are still losing.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting