Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=-N5QGf1Aur0

Managing risk as a trader - JustOneLap and Trader's Corner

β€œOne day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#2 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

I've taken a short position in Quilter after hearing of quite a few flights being cancelled in Eurozone.

Airlines must have insurance for these types of events as it's not the passengers fault.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#3 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

Edited by Motivated, 25 January 2020 - 06:17 AM.

#4 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

Flip impala hit the skids this week, put me in real bad mood for weekend,, any pgm current advise anyone...other than dont gamble 😏

#5 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Haha, well no payroll for me, but my broker does nicely especially in my learning year πŸ™„

#6 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

Thanks Snippit I've stuck with my iress platform and legae peresec..was curious about different options but better off with what I've been using

I see Legae Presec have connection with the Standard Bank which has collected many awards for its internet trading. Standard give two options for interest on the cash portion of the trading account and offers an international platform for a higher fee. They also run with the Iress offering, tailored to the budget as it is.

So little independent commentary out there. Those not on the payroll must be voluntarily sworn to secrecy.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#7 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

Be careful when trading indexes with IG, they hunt your stops. Have seen more than once how their system spike to take out a position and other broker haven't registered same trade.

Hence the annual IG recruitment drive that arrives en-masse always the Top 40 mini is the product they push.

They are the market maker & the broker...CFD's there's always the price from other sites/broker's to back up your claim should you have one.

My 2c. 

#8 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Dont trade indices or forex, stocks challenging enough

#9 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

Hasta luego 😁 no la vista

#10 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:29 PM

Bloo du hell...I'll stick with iress then..at least they have peresec to check there actions..took 10 days to register with them, but strangely made it feel more proper...I'm starting only trade my balance so don't really get charged interest....thanks hey...this site should be about honest help..hasta la vista

#11 Tetonka

Tetonka

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

Be careful when trading indexes with IG, they hunt your stops. Have seen more than once how their system spike to take out a position and other broker haven't registered same trade.

#12 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:29 PM

Thanks Snippit I've stuck with my iress platform and legae peresec..was curious about different options but better off with what I've been using

#13 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

You need to ask a lot of questions and still you will not get to know what you are getting into with IG.

IG is an unregulated market maker that also fronts as its own broker. You have no transparency from them in their market.

They can and will take positions against you. They can and will win when you lose and still take the broker fee. 

You get no interest on your account. 

They do not promise to keep your activities or any information about you secure from anyone.  

Be careful who you ask about them, there are no independent opinions out there that I have ever come across. 

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#14 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Palladium futures up 5 percent today,,,crazy high

#15 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:49 AM

Perfect thanks

#16 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

Midas.

For what its worth I have been using IG Markets for my CFD trading since 2008. I have never had any issues with money transfers in or out of my account.

#17 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

Morning Midas.

I use IG their platform & basic tools are more than enough for my level of TA. I've never really needed to phone in for anything major.

They do however like to add some 30-60c to your stop limit thus enlarging your loss claiming it didn't hit exactly & that's the best that they could get for you which is usually horseshit so pay attention..... after all they're a profit driven business.

While the above may look like an endorsement for the man in the street who wants to trade on an uncomplicated pay as you go type of basis that's why I use them.

Never had an issue with either funds in or out.

CFD's aren't safe at all....I'm on my 3rd incarnation.... :D

Hope this helps.

Edited by soutie, 13 January 2020 - 08:51 AM.

#18 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:11 AM

Argento, DB or anyone using IG, is it safe ? And easy to withdraw funds etc, want try some their training, any opinion on their training,,,if find demo account ok then may also use it commission depending...any advice please?

#19 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

Oops long sgl not agl..

#20 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Long on agl and imp...sold my apn no profit or loss as hoping xmas rally...good luck all...mondi coming up nicely

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting