258 replies to this topic

#241 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

previous chart didn't show all indicators on npn....

here is a new one with indicators:

Attached File  a1.JPG   139.81KB   0 downloads

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#242 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

daily chart of market leader NPN!!

Attached File  a1.JPG   84.14KB   2 downloads

1. price well above lilac serrated line +-R316

2. red mv well above brown ma

3.price within channel but at top..

4. stoch in heavily overbought territory

5. RSI in overbought territory with negative divergence.

6. DMI adx still showing a strong positive uptrend

TSI above zero but showing price expecting a pullback as red now above green signal

My conclusion

strong shares can stay in overbought territories for a while depending on strength of usa markets

price really extended and being at top of channel with negative divergence in place i expect a pullback to at least test the red ma +- 365 and if further weakness to brown ma +-349.

as we hitting top of channel but that channel upward sloping so any upward momentum restricted to +-R2.00 a day  if that channel holds.

Froma trading point of view i wont  long now until that top of channel is taken out by at least R10.00 IE we have a breakout!!  Otherwise at top of channel it could be a short for a quick dip down to red  ma at least!!

Also momentum is really to upside and npn needs to follow to take alsi higher so if you think alsi will go higher than npn should go higher. However from a charting ta point of view that top of channel should provide resistance. 

In cases like this where conflicting views appear on alsi and  npn , best to sit on hands and do nothing and until further clues given where we heading overall...

Aggressive traders can short here though with stop 1% above current price..take profits near red ma but i wont ....Markets pure momentum driven at moment!!

M you question to me....I say as you in stay put but sharpen your stop to at least R359.00. If you look at chart that red ma has always provided the support so far  from 1st March 2019..seems to bounce of it everytime..  but remember the negative divergence so here where the sharp stop comes into play!!

If you follow Dr Roffey then you will know he says when all the indicators are at the top, you...........SELL!!  same scenario here but he gets it 80% wrong anyway!!!

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#243 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

EOh inverted h & S

Attached File  a1.PNG   66.09KB   2 downloads

if this plays, go long on break of lilac serrated line of +-28.00....target then +-R45.00

#244 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

weekly chart of EOH

attachicon.gifa1.PNG

breaking out to upside  of the downtrend line.... Massive from a tech point of view!!

Just needs to break above the brown ema...resistance at moment) and stoch needs to go above 20...

Next week chart will be vital to see if it does on weekly!!

closer look at daily EOH...

Attached File  a1.PNG   142.01KB   0 downloads

1. red ma above brown ma...bullish

2. broke above daily t/l as well..

3. how ever lilac serrated is big big Resistance =R 27.39....needs to take that out to go higher....At moment i cant see that happening until we get any further news or next trading statement...But you never know with this shrare...Weekly showing bullish so if you trust the charts , i will long above R28.00 with a sharp stop below that serrated line!! Always remember the higher the time frame the bigger the tech picture...

only saw this now....could be an inverted head and shoulders developing at the 3 most recent highs..

Edited by Polly, 04 May 2019 - 11:53 AM.

#245 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

weekly chart of  alsi TOP 40 _ My favorite trading instrument!!!

Attached File  a1.PNG   421KB   7 downloads

1. broke above downsloping t/l from all time high

2. retest and back above t;...Was that the goodbye kiss

3. continues to hit the outer bollinger band but no decisive bottoming tail candle to suggest top is in..upper bolinger band still upward pointing.

4. stoch still showing some legs left to run in this rally.

5.  no divergence yet on rsi so all good to go higher

6. next resistance are 54189 and then previous ath of 55539

However note...sell in may and go away always spell a danger so you need to be on the ball if you buying at these highs..

#246 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

weekly chart of EOH

Attached File  a1.PNG   308.31KB   2 downloads

breaking out to upside  of the downtrend line.... Massive from a tech point of view!!

Just needs to break above the brown ema...resistance at moment) and stoch needs to go above 20...

Next week chart will be vital to see if it does on weekly!!

Edited by Polly, 04 May 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#247 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

please note i own agl and dlt in my long term protfolio...So i could be bias but im posting what i see in charts...

#248 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Chart of Delta Properties:

Attached File  a1.PNG   362.54KB   0 downloads

tech analysis :

1. support upward t/l at R1.90

2. lilca serrated line at R4.19 whiich is too far away higher than price....

means solid recovery underway...

or price goes sideways for a long time till that lilac ma comes down over time

3. next resistance is R2.63

4. red and brown averages now both starting to point upwards but brown needs to cut above red for price  sustain this momentum upwards

5. stoch and rsi reaching the overnight levels...so price may go sideways to down once overthought reached , indicators unwind and then back up..However price can also remain in overnight territory for ages if volumes sustain it..At moment lots of big volume bids.. IF bids disappear then price will fall...

Conclusion:

If you see the 1.70/R1.80 area price was stuck there for over 2 months and this was typical base building, or support territory , or clever money buying and when this happens we normally have a breakout to upside..

R2.63 level is now the line n sand....Needs to break this to go up convincingly, otherwise cleaver money may start dumping again...results out  soon.. Was  a poor trading statement which knocked price to the floor but leases are now being resigned so going forward very very attractive to get in for traders with high risk appetite. For those conservative traders , wait for results and a break above R2.63 to go long..All stops at R 1.85....take profit going forward could be anything between R3.00 to R5.00  with a nice fat juicy reit dividend of over 20%...

#249 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

daily chart of AGL

Attached File  a1.PNG   437.49KB   1 downloads

Teach views :

1. price way above serrated lilac line which stands at 335.00

2. negative divergence on risi from 1st march to recent high resulted in drop in price..

3. broke below upward sloping trendline at +- r391

4. red and brown msas closing together..if red cuts below brown expect a waterfall reaction

5. RED serrated line at +-R364...bounced 3 times off that leaving a head and shoulders print behind...could this bounce now be the r/s..

6. 2 investment houses have given a buy or overweight recommendation this week. Could this be the catalysis for a bounce back uo to highs or bounce for right shoulder?  Interesting times

7. Mr Copper taken a nasty whack last week and this effect AGL directly.

Conclusion:

1. Go long near R364.00 with a sharp stop of 1%...take rprofit near R397.00

2. Gi short at close of day below R364.00 with sharp stop above price of 1%.. take half profit near lilac serrated line of R335 and if that breaks head and shoulders target near R320.00

#250 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

daily chart of Sasol:

Attached File  a1.PNG   471.01KB   1 downloads

Tech opinion :

1. daily uptrend support line way down at R387.00

2. on friday , share price broke down below red arrow support line of +-461.50

3. lilac serrated line has given support thrice so far ..been 3 knocks to downside last few days...that ma is 454.44 as of friday.

bounced off again there on friday too..

4. tsi indcator juts about going below 0

5. stoch juts about going below 80 into a sell terriority

6. rsi negative divergence in play..

Conclusion : patience to enter any trade  here...next week will be vital to confirm short or long

FX has strengthened on Friday and  brent oil has come off big...If thse 2 do same thsi week , short will be confirmed as sasol very very sensitive to both!!

#251 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

daily chart of sasol

#252 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Trading is not and cannot be a hobby.Those of you who are waltzing in to dabble or play around or dip ur toe are oblivious and clueless. “I just play around with it on the side” is the code for "I have a gambling issue that I try to mask as something legit."
If you do so as a sideline income ,U are in over ur head. You will learn the hard way. 

You either treat trading as a part time hobby or be a man on a mission full time.  For the mission man, that’s doing the work and paying the price to learn and develop and grow.  Hobbyists don’t do that stuff.

i know 100% truth hurts but just a warning for all thinking of dabbling in the sidelines using cfds.

#253 Snippit

Snippit

Plebeian Tribune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationGondwanaland

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

I would not advise anyone to use CFD's especially when the broker is also the market maker and runs their own parallel world of computer generated look-alike indices. Especially when they don't tell you what they are up to. You say to them here are my stops and then wonder why there are so many unexplained blips on the screen that take you out. They also don't tell you that you have no recourse to anyone about anything, because they are unregulated. 

You should ask about such things and add what else are they not telling you? What else are they going to do to you? If they are not being transparent up front then I prefer to assume the worst and stay well clear.

Edited by Snippit, 02 May 2019 - 03:21 PM.

1. Trusting strangers on an anonymous chat forum can be a risky business. Even more risky than the stock market.
  2. I have tried to warn the vulnerable, being those without adequate savvy: e.g.: https://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/sharechat-warning.html
  3. Vultures circle hereabouts. Give them control and say goodbye to your money. 
  4. Learning links: http://swrict.blogspot.com/2018/11/trader-links.html

#254 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

depends how much profit or loss u looking at....

posted last night imp broke through support which is now resistance..

sorry make that plat...

#255 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Will wait for about 58 rand and believe will go over 60s again..

#256 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

Buying imp at 55.25 looks like good move

depends how much profit or loss u looking at....

posted last night imp broke through support which is now resistance..

#257 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

Buying imp at 55.25 looks like good move

#258 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

retailers and banks punching above their weight now...very weak rand....looking to short some soon if US goes deep red

#259 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

went short today on tongaat hulets @ R21.35...stop at R24.35

take profit......near R15.00 or better

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting