28 replies to this topic

#21 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

Very good morning made 3500 after brokerage on my little punt....happy Friday all

#22 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Well I'm not an old hack either....well I am the old part of that sentance ..I'm also wary of small caps and low volumes however volumes seem higher so some interest must be accumulating....up yourself though...gold on up at moment after big fall yesterday and my intention to trade it for profit...only bought 10000 ...so not large number to shift I hope think 3 million shares yesterday...most people weren't buying gold on jse earlier today cause of big drop last night...but just my opinion..good luck

Not a juvenile myself  :D , and yes volumes are important, and perhaps more important are volume trend.

There are exceptions where volumes may be low and you discovered a gem. example comes to mind when NPN bought 30 odd percent of Tencent.  

IMHO Midas made a good call from a risk reward perspective. Gold seems to be going north, so where do you put your money? Ashanti, Goldfields, Sibanye, DRD? 

Only reason I picked Sibanye is preference for non single commodity.  Looking at where Palladium and to the lesser Platinum is swinging today I could be totally wrong (won't be the first time)

Alas, if and when the smallcaps have 3 digit profits because of the higher commodity prices, they will get the attention and you will get your volumes.

From a metrofile perspective: unique value proposition?   No, you can store your documents in the cloud today for a fraction.    You probably already store you own documents on some digital media, that are indexed and ready to be rendered on demand.

#23 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

See trump opened mouth again re china so gold (very likely) and plat should go up...thank you Mr trump

#24 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

Well I'm not an old hack either....well I am the old part of that sentance 😁..I'm also wary of small caps and low volumes however volumes seem higher so some interest must be accumulating....up yourself though...gold on up at moment after big fall yesterday and my intention to trade it for profit...only bought 10000 ...so not large number to shift I hope think 3 million shares yesterday...most people weren't buying gold on jse earlier today cause of big drop last night...but just my opinion..good luck

#25 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

Ive just taken a CFD punt on this...small cap so not my usual, but apparently sibanye getting involved with DRD, this is info from a CA friend so not first hand...

Hi Midas, 

I am a Newbie.  The trade volumes for DRD Gold are so low though like 668K ??? Is that not a bad sign?

I am just asking because I had bought alot of Metrofile shares once without checking trade volumes AND -  when it was on the rise and I made a profit I wanted to sell - but there was not enough people willing to buy it - so now I am stuck with alot of Metrofile shares.  I am a newbie still so excuse my analysis.

I see that Sibanye is increasing though...

Kind Regards, 

Motivated

#26 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Yes but gold on up again bought this am so looking good for quick trade

Agree, am pretty bullish on PGM despite the last 24 hours roller coaster.  Still holding on to my SGL too.

#27 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

Yes but gold on up again bought this am so looking good for quick trade

#28 JK001

JK001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

https://www.sibanyes...ations/drdgold/

Sibanye increasing stakes could possibly be already priced in?

#29 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Ive just taken a CFD punt on this...small cap so not my usual, but apparently sibanye getting involved with DRD, this is info from a CA friend so not first hand...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting