Kinda negates previous post..

Anyone need a heads up...!

#22 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:49 AM

Agreed very welcome rise....Couple of media articles mention possible collapse of securing AstraZeneca vaccine via India...

Either way I've mentioned before in this situation somebody WILL utilize their production facilities.. It's a given IMO.

#23 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:29 AM

Interesting that this is the second day of quite a nice pump...but without any news? There must once again be insider info floating around. This share has not been doing well lately so this run is very interesting to me.

Maybe the vaccine production (as agreed with J&J in November) has begun?

Edited by Leadingedge, 07 January 2021 - 09:31 AM.

#24 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:08 PM

Another good day for Aspen, I wonder if it is to do with the progress being made on a possible vaccine. I know APN has an agreement with Johnson & Johnson but the demand for a vaccine is going to be great enough that they will hopefully all have to share a piece of the pie.

#25 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

Brilliant run yesterday, looks like there is room for a bit more. Still 20% down, but in a better position now. Today and the next few days are going to be interesting due to the US elections.

#26 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 04:18 PM

Cool, aspen is one of my punts. Just trying to give a balanced view of what we have seen in the past. Else speculators acuse us of pumping...emjoy the ride

#27 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:42 PM

Not sure I can agree with you there I.N. Johnson & Johnson have a global presence & reputation plus all Aspen is doing for them is sub contracting in it's simplest terms. This is a very good arrangement even if it doesn't fully materialize....Their "state of the art" facility is alive & well & on the "Major Players" radar.

In essence if they don't sign an agreement someone else will me thinks..

#28 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:07 PM

Be cautious for pump and dump..seen it with other companies with vaccine updates...also there should be a number of vaccine providers.with gov producing as well...and with price wars will be interesting.. expect sales of consumables and production will be good nonetherless...

#29 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:58 AM

ASPEN PHARMACARE HOLDINGS LIMITED

(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa) (?Aspen Holdings?)
Registration number: 1985/002935/06
Share code: APN
ISIN: ZAE000066692
LEI: 635400ZYSN1IRD5QWQ94
and its subsidiaries (collectively ?Aspen? or ?the Group?)

ASPEN ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH JOHNSON & JOHNSON TO MANUFACTURE INVESTIGATIONAL
COVID-19 VACCINE CANDIDATE

I hope this boosts the share price for the next few days.

#30 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

Down the rabbit hole she goes...something has to be happening behind the scenes here. Really hoping for a SENS soon as this is getting ridiculous.

#31 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the input. I have no problem with a sensible acquisition/takover, it is just incredibly frustrating that the insiders always know long before we get any sniff of it. I know investors were obviously not impressed it the lack of dividend, but there has to be a greater reason for the seemingly rapid deterioration of the share price.

Guess I can add this one to my "in it for the long haul" list.

#32 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:38 PM

Yep....not a very good situation currently. The Share price movement is very suspect and now with a strong downward break.

Can't seem to post the chart but read more here

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

#33 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:23 AM

A disappointment no doubt....I think market is concerned that the company is losing ground to competitors and maybe the multiple is too high.
It would be amazing if they do a deal clear asc debt and take over remedica....and offer asc shareholders 1:20 shares..still leaves aspen with plenty cash for special dividend. And then we would see the price back to 150 , r200

#34 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:13 AM

Every day I get to regret throwing money at this share as I watch it decline. Unless they are in the process of buying ASC then nothing makes sense anymore.

#35 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:30 PM

What on earth is happening with this share? This is way beyond a grudge with the lack of dividends...surely?

#36 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

I am not a happy camper at all, this was supposed to be one of my "safer" holdings. I can accept a drop in share price when I know what the cause is or when I invested in a company knowing that it could be volatile, but this is just ridiculous.

I can find nothing other than what you have mentioned about the dividends. There must be some cryptic code in the financials that only the experts can decipher.

#37 Bushmanbob

Bushmanbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

Are investors punishing aspen for not paying dividends and reducing debt

Very confusing indeed. I suspect you are right although markets usually forward looking which would imply investors would be taking the R13B Mylan sale into account. The decision to withold dividends should not be a massive surprise given Aspen are committed to addressing their debt + COVID uncertainty but logic no longer at play these days.  Very confusing indeed. 

#38 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

i was expecting north of R150 ....eish:)

#39 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:59 PM

Are investors punishing aspen for not paying dividends and reducing debt

#40 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:31 AM

Morning all...

I have Aspen shares & believe in the shrewd management now that they have had their nose bloodied by those expensive deals they concluded with Glaxo which caused them to sell the infant milk business...Their crown jewel & money printing machine literally...

They have received some negative attention by EU regulators & selling some of the more monopolistic injectables businesses is a step back under the radar.

I feel there'll be the mild volatility until year end when the sale concludes & the cash is allocated...Hopefully entirely towards debt....Then they can re-boot focus on improving margins on existing businesses & really cementing their local knowledge & position above all others.

Should they choose to acquire something then borrow for that..

It's a solid profitable business that has a bright future & these top guys Saad & Atteridge have plenty skin in this...I'm always a buyer below R130

Have a profitable day.

Cheers.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting