49 replies to this topic

#1 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 04:53 PM

TRADER's Goal break down tracker - perfect for setting, tracking & achieving TRADING goals! 

Click this link to find out more https://www.etsy.com...p_home_active_1

Attached Files

• Attached File  p.png   29.12KB   0 downloads

#2 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:55 AM

Never seen anything like this before ... why oppose the demand?

https://www.sharenet...eq=15&scode=PEM

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#3 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:11 PM

https://smallcaps.co...everse-listing/

Explanation of a “Reverse Listing”

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#4 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:46 AM

BCF and ART recommendation

https://twitter.com/...341583400456192

Edited by Shi, 30 November 2020 - 11:46 AM.

#5 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:36 AM

https://www.moneyweb...-7-boom-remain/

Good for everyone to read. Good reasons why many don't bother with small caps - lots of delisting, renaming, etc. 

Many here will also have horror/interesting stories related to some of those companies listed.

#6 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 November 2020 - 10:29 AM

I think a Victory for anyone over Trump is great news...lol

#7 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:50 AM

Is the US elections responsible for the green shoots on the JSE this morning?

#8 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

I justbhad this thought....ramaphosa wants to partially list some of the state assets inorder to legitamise them. Thats quite a failure on state.

But why have they not considered the opposite. Pump government money into some of our truggling listed companies and buy out the debt. In thsi way we keep up employment also grow employment, and potentially deht repayment can be used to re invest. Jse recovery will drive tax and capital gains.

Not sure why we only look at handouts in our beautiful country rath3r than build capacity and wealth...

Example .ppc, snh, asc,.......health reform and nationalising health can start by acquiring a direct stake into ascendis and global pharma...

Is this doable....why are we throwing interest revenue offshore ...

#9 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:11 AM

What was the last IPO to the JSE (no unbundling)?

#10 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:53 AM

Response to stock split (Tesla) - https://twitter.com/...618196732370944

#11 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

Great read but generalised. Some small caps in there have high det to earnings ratios and with interest rates dropping off could they potentially be better off???

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#12 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:58 PM

Investors thinking of getting back into small caps should take note
Recovery in earnings and share prices might take years.

https://www.moneyweb...ould-take-note/

#13 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

Thanks... Read up on it.

Was thinking maybe another steinhof

https://www.moneyweb...s-down-over-90/

Gives breakdown of what is left and an idea of what it is worth.

#14 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:58 PM

Unbundling of First Rand shares?

Thanks... Read up on it.

Was thinking maybe another steinhof

#15 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

Rmbh?

Unbundling of First Rand shares?

#16 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

Rmbh?

#17 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:02 PM

Best and worst for 2020 thus far

Attached Files

#18 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:40 AM

Back above R28 as I type.....

Get on the bus to R30+change...

Sold 50% of holding....Moved stop to lock in some nice green should it retrace...

Didn't take too long in the end..

Anyone need a heads up...!

#19 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:48 AM

Morning Pilot.

Yeah there's an awful lot more which unfortunately will only be known when results are out....

There was a SENS out from Standard Bank last week reporting a 27% drop in revenue compared to Q1 2019..

So now that's a week or so before lockdown. What is Q2 2020 numbers gonna look like.... :ph34r:

The only thing that's left to give is the currency....So if we think it's weak ATM phew...!!!!!

Also from an investment point the only thing I can think of of any value post Corona is the Platinum mines as the gold ones are mostly break even at best...

Maybe tailings plants also but how secure are they to armed attack..Another topic conveniently keep out of the media.

Have a great day & thanks again for your valueable insights & commentary... ;)

Anyone need a heads up...!

#20 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:47 AM

I reckon there's a short squeeze hitting...

Sasol 

Woolies

Nedbank

& maybe MTN...

All price action looking more than suspect to the underlying or their peers.

My 2c

Soutie....I agree

These prices are not guided by Investment companies doing calculations on their value, earnings etc. ect.

They are in the hands of the BIG gamblers!

I am concerned about SA banks in general, although NED looks to be worst affected. I predict we might see a downfall in this sector because of loan payment failure by their customers, and drop in earnings of course. It's much larger than we think. 

We might see some of them ask for bail-outs from government if things worsen....and I think they will. Our Corona data is very suspect....and we are not flattening the curve or slowing growth at the moment. This situation will  surely prolong further... 

Edited by Pilotpilot, 29 April 2020 - 07:48 AM.

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting