#741 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Fine, sellers please call me, I'm buying :P

Usual story..buy the rumour sell the news.

Watch where it will be this time next week

Don't you just hate people that say 'I told you so'! 

:P

still a little short of my short term target of R61 but I suspect it will get there soon. High of the 6073 so far..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#742 smallchange

smallchange

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Latest broker note on CML by JP Morgan sets TP at R67 :)

#743 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Up over 3% today. I will have to reprimand her to stop going up so fast. It is not a race as there is no finish line. My portfolio looks good but I have reconciled myself for a 10% drop or even 20% for that matter. For tax sake, I cannot sell it as I still have 2 years left from my last trade to keep me as a non trader.

I look at it this way. She has done over 110% the past year and her normal was 60%. So a drop of 20% will still be better than normal gain py. The other plus would be the PE ratio will be back to normal.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#744 seesider

seesider

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Good. A healthy drop today. Hopefully another drop tomorrow and one last one on Monday. The gains looked good in my portfolio but just too high too fast. This is not sustainable for long term.

It must get back to the 20sma but there is a problem. The sma has steeped upwards more than usual and it might break through it and carry on down to get the sma back to normal. This might take time but ride it out as things will normalize back to a good footing for long term gains.

The great divi might just drive it back up towards month end to confuse things more.

No drop today unfortunately, up more than 2.5% already. This stock just doesnt want to slow down, not complaining short term but you are right long term, there future results won't be able to sustain this pace. All I want is 60% year on year so it is sustainable, is that too much to ask :rolleyes:

#745 RoyM

RoyM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Anyone know anything about HWN - Howden, seems to have been doing very well

1 yr return 60%

ROE>50

PE 14

Latest Earnings growth ~25%

very illiquid, subsidiary of a UK business of the same name. makes air conditioning for power stations... solid business, stable management consistent growth business. another one of those you buy and forget. 

#746 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Anyone know anything about HWN - Howden, seems to have been doing very well

1 yr return 60%

ROE>50

PE 14

Latest Earnings growth ~25%

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#747 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Good. A healthy drop today. Hopefully another drop tomorrow and one last one on Monday. The gains looked good in my portfolio but just too high too fast. This is not sustainable for long term.

It must get back to the 20sma but there is a problem. The sma has steeped upwards more than usual and it might break through it and carry on down to get the sma back to normal. This might take time but ride it out as things will normalize back to a good footing for long term gains.

The great divi might just drive it back up towards month end to confuse things more.

#748 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Std Bank's Daily Equities has a SELL recommendation with a TP of R49

Imara got stopped out twice the past 2 months with shorts. Strong support at the 20sma and if it does drop, the 2 will meet at 5660. If it goes lower than that then it will be the first correction ever without news being the cause.

Not including the crash, it had only one correction and that was June last year with the 6% HEPS report and she was back up within a month.

I don't consider pullbacks to the 20sma as corrections. They are healthy pullbacks to keep it sustainable for longer.

#749 Cold Night

Cold Night

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

There is another thread dealing with this. please move this discussion to that.

but I use ABSA and Standard and Standard is better for research while Absa better for costs.

Hi Yes I see that now, thanks

#750 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi All, Hope you doing well with CML.

I have been lurking here for some time, and I would just like to say thank you to everyone on this thread for the great info and insights. Thanks especially to Orca for convincing me this is a good share, got in at 30 and while i dont have my life savings in it, it has been good enough for me as a newb to start with. Very please so far. So again... Thank you.

Just one question, what trading platform is everyone using? I am using the fnb sharestrader platform, but I am starting to see limitations in it, so I was wondering what the experienced traders are using?

Thanks... :-)

There is another thread dealing with this. please move this discussion to that.

but I use ABSA and Standard and Standard is better for research while Absa better for costs.

#751 Cold Night

Cold Night

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi All, Hope you doing well with CML.

I have been lurking here for some time, and I would just like to say thank you to everyone on this thread for the great info and insights. Thanks especially to Orca for convincing me this is a good share, got in at 30 and while i dont have my life savings in it, it has been good enough for me as a newb to start with. Very please so far. So again... Thank you.

Just one question, what trading platform is everyone using? I am using the fnb sharestrader platform, but I am starting to see limitations in it, so I was wondering what the experienced traders are using?

Thanks... :-)

#752 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good job, all in all a bit of a gift Gamma. Wish it was always so easy! :D

#753 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Closed my contracts this morning @ 5940. Thanks for the pocket money CML.

Nicely done Barny,

I opened at 5560, moved stop this morning to 5900 and got stopped out.

Edited by gamma, 16 May 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#754 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Std Bank's Daily Equities has a SELL recommendation with a TP of R49

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#755 Barny

Barny

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Target of 5923, not based on Perreby's fair value although that does make me feel better. But simply on yesterdays close plus the div...

What you looking at Gamma?

Closed my contracts this morning @ 5940. Thanks for the pocket money CML.

#756 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

I have a few questions.

1. Which broker trades CML CFD's and at what gearing  ?

2. If I had 15000 CML shares what would the dividend payment be ?

#757 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

If this one is going to shoot the lights out again this year = drink myself into another blood type, this one is just insane!

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#758 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

fyi...the 20SMA is the simple moving average over the past 20 periods. If you want to be sure you are looking at the same trend then you need to ensure your periods are the same. My guess is Orca's are days while yours is likely 15 minute or lesser periods..

different periods can have radically different results

Orca, here's that 4hr chart with the 20 and 100 MA's; eventually got it right...look at it touching the 20MA line and once in blue moon the 100MA.Attached File  CML15-5.png   393.25KB   31 downloads

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#759 smallchange

smallchange

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

OK, about to sell a bunch of OML and buy into CML - stupid or smart move? Killing me!! :wacko:

#760 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Amen! Learned an expensive lesson yesterday:

1. Never trade on day of results (for investment).

2. Never trade on what you think the market's going to do.

3. Never have a trade in the market with a close stop loss, because you think it's not going to happen!

4. Don't make other appointments and leave your computer when you WANT to trade on results (and then keep those fingers steady).

My order for CML was filled at 5750 and stopped out at 5600, within half an hour!

Edited by BBW, 15 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting