909 replies to this topic

#421 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

exactly...Only company I know who sent out a sens in May for interim results in June saying profits will be up more than 20% simultaneously sent out another sens saying profits for full year to Dec will be more than 20% was Grindrod in 2006 I think!! Absolutely amazing and shaers flew from 20 bucks to 26 bucks!!

When one considers their half year results up something like 80%, it would seem pretty evident that the final results should be up over 20%. Hence I believe that the statement has been released to abide by the rules.

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#422 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

U all have no idea of investing....the reason why CML will be flying is cause I sold all mine. When will you learn.. I will let you know when I sell OCE then you pile in....

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#423 Aragorn

Aragorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

JSE rules state as soon as directors know earnings will differ by 20% they have to report it on SENS. They can't hold back such info. So they became aware of it very early.

This to me only means one thing.. CML is gonna report one great set of results.. We not even close to end of the year end (end September) and they already stating profits will be significantly higher than the previous set of results.

When one considers their half year results up something like 80%, it would seem pretty evident that the final results should be up over 20%. Hence I believe that the statement has been released to abide by the rules.

Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall.

#424 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

JSE rules state as soon as directors know earnings will differ by 20% they have to report it on SENS. They can't hold back such info. So they became aware of it very early.

This to me only means one thing.. CML is gonna report one great set of results.. We not even close to end of the year end (end September) and they already stating profits will be significantly higher than the previous set of results.

Agreed.

Will be interesting to see whether it comes from revenue or cutbacks in operating expenses (or probably a combo). I heard a few things recently to suggest they were really cutting the fat in their operations.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#425 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

I looked back at previous SENS timing and generally they would release in September if required so this is very early. 

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#426 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Or possibly SARS picked him up this morning.

:P

:rolleyes:   :ph34r:    :D   :lol:

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#427 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Wow..No word from Mr CML yet..think he had a heart attack when he saw the SENS?

Or possibly SARS picked him up this morning.

:P

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#428 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

I looked back at previous SENS timing and generally they would release in September if required so this is very early. 

#429 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

absolutely, certainly one of the best performers in my portfolio.  never ceases to amaze me.

the impressiveness of this business is staggering.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#430 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

great news gamma, holding them in my LT and took a CFD long(6681) yesterday ;)

good call there on that long.

the impressiveness of this business is staggering.

in case you missed it

http://www.bdlive.co...ld-best-returns

#431 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

great news gamma, holding them in my LT and took a CFD long(6681) yesterday ;)

#432 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

hello...what is this?

In terms of this requirement, Coronation hereby advises shareholders that EPS and HEPS for the financial year ending
30 September 2013 are expected to be considerably higher than 20% when compared to those for the financial year
ended 30 September 2012.

#433 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

CML coming up to test its previous high, will be taking a small position soon(long) if level holds.

#434 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

SENS.

Coronation shareholders are advised that Investec Asset Management Holdings (Pty) Ltd, on behalf
of segregated clients, acquired a beneficial interest in Coronation ordinary shares such that the total of all beneficial
interests of Coronation ordinary shares held by them are now 5.03% of the total issued Coronation ordinary shares.

This SENS was after hours today. Makes me think that much more upside as Investec know what they doing.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#435 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Quiet is okay Safrican. After 125% in the past 12 months I think a little sideways movement is acceptable  ;)

On another note, here is some cheer for the CML fans

I've been taking a look at the return from from purely the divi. Forget the stellar share price growth for a second.

An investment 2 years ago is now spitting out 12.5% in Divs (ttm) per year (after div tax)

The past 5 year div growth rate has been 25% pa.

and one more point on the divi, in a little over 2 years CML has returned almost a quarter of the initial investment, after tax, back to the shareholder.

#436 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Far too quiet ... or will she start upwards movement shortly ..?

Quiet is okay Safrican. After 125% in the past 12 months I think a little sideways movement is acceptable  ;)

On another note, here is some cheer for the CML fans

I've been taking a look at the return from from purely the divi. Forget the stellar share price growth for a second.

An investment 2 years ago is now spitting out 12.5% in Divs (ttm) per year (after div tax)

The past 5 year div growth rate has been 25% pa.

Edited by gamma, 01 August 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#437 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Far too quiet ... or will she start upwards movement shortly ..?

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#438 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I also think that the run of 113%pa is over. Perhaps back to her normal 65%pa.

You can see by the narrowing of the BB channel that the volatility is low. That middle BB might be resistance for some

time as it took all day to break down through it.Attached File  CMLSMA.jpg   174.36KB   47 downloads

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#439 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

I wouldn't use the word gamble. I would say the outlook over the next 6 months in the market would suggest that a big move up is rather unlikely from here. I still maintain a target of between 70-90 by end of year.

Long term - 3-10years I'm still very bullish on CML. 

Thanks. Hope I got at least part of my timing right as I bought some this week.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#440 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thanks Orca. PLEASE keep posting! (Gamma), so do you say that fundamentally she's a "gamble"?

I wouldn't use the word gamble. I would say the outlook over the next 6 months in the market would suggest that a big move up is rather unlikely from here. I still maintain a target of between 70-90 by end of year.

Long term - 3-10years I'm still very bullish on CML. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting