gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Bought MTN at 181 55

on potential resolution of Syrian issue

Edited by gamma, 10 September 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#522 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Sorry I di not see that one BBW...For me retailers are a no no  at moment.. I still think they will fall in the next twelve months. I mean business is tug out there.. Every retailer that reported has said that. What makes you think things will improve in next 6 months..Believe me it will only get worse. Interest rates has to go up very soon and once that happens retailers will fall again!!

Rather trade them within their ranges for time being instead of investing long term in them!! Id rather invest long term resources now as their low in the cycle has been reached. Retailers are just starting to fall from the top of the cycle so lots of downsiide in my view!! But of you really want to risk and invest now, WHL and SHP will be my pick!!

Thanks HDB; sommer immediately cancelled my order for Woolies.

Edited by BBW, 29 August 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#523 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

I wasn't taking the mickey out of you HDB; I hold your opinion/insight in high regard...

Sorry I di not see that one BBW...For me retailers are a no no  at moment.. I still think they will fall in the next twelve months. I mean business is tuff out there.. Every retailer that reported has said that. What makes you think things will improve in next 6 months..Believe me it will only get worse. Interest rates has to go up very soon and once that happens retailers will fall again!!

Rather trade them within their ranges for time being instead of investing long term in them!! Id rather invest long term resources now as their low in the cycle has been reached. Retailers are just starting to fall from the top of the cycle so lots of downsiide in my view!! But of you really want to risk and invest now, WHL and SHP will be my pick!!

Edited by HDB, 29 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#524 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

HDB, or any other of all the knowledgeable experts here :) , what will be your (general/food) retailer of choice for a long term portfolio? I like SPP, mainly because of what I see on the ground; their locations, way they operate, etc. Although, it seems WHL is everybody here's favorite?I 

I wasn't taking the mickey out of you HDB; I hold your opinion/insight in high regard...

#525 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Anyone got a take or holding Sovereign  Foods? Thinking of going in for the long term around 5 bucks...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#526 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

HDB, or any other of all the knowledgeable experts here :) , what will be your (general/food) retailer of choice for a long term portfolio? I like SPP, mainly because of what I see on the ground; their locations, way they operate, etc. Although, it seems WHL is everybody here's favorite?

very strong management on WHL comparable to SAB so on a confidence vote WHL 3-5years

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#527 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

HDB, or any other of all the knowledgeable experts here :) , what will be your (general/food) retailer of choice for a long term portfolio? I like SPP, mainly because of what I see on the ground; their locations, way they operate, etc. Although, it seems WHL is everybody here's favorite?

#528 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

I had added a bit, but not much, just before its big move. 

The doubling of the share price has pushed it up from around 4 to 7.5% of my portfolio

My problem, if you can call it that, is that I'm very overweight CML, even though I haven't added in almost 3 years. Been trying to reduce its weighting by increasing holdings in other areas but the damn thing just keeps going up!

I would really hate to have that problem! ;)

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#529 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

small holding... but I agree.

Now that they are showing signs of a more aggressive African expansion will look to increase

by the way, full year results should be out this week if I'm not mistaken

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#530 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I see you one of the few guys here who has Metrofile.  Its a beauty.  B)  Waiting for the next push upwards.

small holding... but I agree.

Now that they are showing signs of a more aggressive African expansion will look to increase

#531 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

LTP update

YTD 30.1%

My target is 25% so hopefully won't be derailed by major taper tantrums!

In order of % holding

next buy will be to add more Aspen/Metrofile

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-08-27 at 6.00.53 PM.png

I see you one of the few guys here who has Metrofile.  Its a beauty.  B)  Waiting for the next push upwards.

#532 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

Did you beef up your Mix holding recently gamma?

I had added a bit, but not much, just before its big move. 

The doubling of the share price has pushed it up from around 4 to 7.5% of my portfolio

My problem, if you can call it that, is that I'm very overweight CML, even though I haven't added in almost 3 years. Been trying to reduce its weighting by increasing holdings in other areas but the damn thing just keeps going up!

#533 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Did you beef up your Mix holding recently gamma?
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#534 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

LTP update

YTD 30.1%

My target is 25% so hopefully won't be derailed by major taper tantrums!

In order of % holding

next buy will be to add more Aspen/Metrofile

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 6.00.53 PM.png   26.55KB   40 downloads

#535 smiley

smiley

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi Guys

Thoughts on Grindrod for the long term?

#536 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

You can't predict the bottom so I would buy now even if she drops another 1%. She is very oversold.

Support at 22.66

#537 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

I also topped up my holding with a few, but I'm still a bit worried about how the exchange rate is going to affect them going forward...

#538 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Do you think this is a good time to add PNC to your portfolio?

You can't predict the bottom so I would buy now even if she drops another 1%. She is very oversold.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#539 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Do you think this is a good time to add PNC to your portfolio?

That's what she said....

#540 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Got too busy with tax to notice this:

PNC had a half year earnings report of 19.8% gain. No divi as they had acquisitions in mind. Bought PrecisionICT and 30% of Datacentrix. 

SENS report states earnings now that they are "pleased" with of 14 to 18% for full year. Wow. No wonder it had the biggest correction ever. 

MTA half year was 19%. Their full year is due tomorrow and no SENS. This caused a drop on Friday. Not bad though.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting