#621 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

Dear JHB1972

You are absolutely correct.Appears Grindstone does wonderful figures,but for other people.What is really strange is that KC and grindstone don't mind saying how well they are doing but Afdawn is almost made out as if it does not exist.It is clear the directors of KC like to be active as KC but not as Afdawn.I do not understand the meaning of afdawn owning KC when KC seems just fine on its own?

#622 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Grindstone seems to be a very peculiar model. They develop these companies to become great SMEs and seem to have a option to invest in them. But according to KC they have achieved to double the valuation of the Grindstone participants. A very strange business model...I do not see the method in the madness.

#623 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

No one can say there is not buyers and sellers on this one...look at the bid and offer volumes. The problem is just the price! I can't help to wonder how this is going to unravel...

Attached Files

• Attached File  ADW.JPG   21.41KB   32 downloads

Edited by LWVi, 02 September 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#624 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

All just bulldust....AGM 12 December hoping that nobody will attend. SURPRISE AFDAWN BOARD, we will be there make yourself ready! Smoke and mirrors.

#625 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

To me it reads as no news at all.Why they have not told us a thing on what they have done since February 2014 still remains the mystery.

#626 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Sens out today at 12.

http://www.moneyweb....awn-capital-ltd

What you all think?

#627 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

Well all that matters is that the market is voting with its feet. The 'successes' are not swaying the perception.

#628 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Is it financial success? As I can see it non of the Grindstone companies are actually related to KC? Do they have plans to invest in any of them? If the answer is no in both cases then it can not deemed to be successes adding value to Afdawn...maybe the reason why Afdawn is not mentioned at all. A free service to young companies.

#629 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Regarding the Knife Capital success: I would think that any success of a subsidiary company would contribute to the success of the greater company...

#630 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

I still cannot think that any company would go through this type take-over and “waste” so much money (and reputation). For what reason? It just don’t make any sense no matter how I look at it…?!!!

But then again, I am probably naive...

#631 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

I wonder what KC success means? Do they make money from the Grindstone successes? KC was acquired to establish an investment pipeline for Afdawn's vision. I think the Afdawn Board is taking the shareholders for a ride. What are they doing with the Rights Issue capital? Are they investing this in Elite?

#632 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

If you go to the Knife Capital website you will read how successful KC is,about the successful grindstone project,the 10 businesses that did so well etc.Since we believe that afdawn bought KC,should afdawn also get a mention?KC"s directors are afdawns directors.It appears that these directors are almost divorcing themselves from afdawn?Since KC appears to be doing well,what tie up (if any)does it have with afdawn.

Must we wait till November to know whats going on?

#633 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

Ridiculous from 20 cents to 5.....

#634 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

Just a matter of time, next stop 4 cents. No reason for the market cap to be above R32 million i.e. 4 cents per share!

Hawk

#635 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Sales going through at 5 cents

#636 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

If they force a ridiculous offer say 4 cents per share it may be of value to a single private owner; the potential of a tax loss, some cash and the Elite book? There are so much 'off the ball' things here..Maybe the shareholders should request a special shareholder meeting to force the Board and management to come clean

Hawk

#637 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Why do you think the market is so 'off' Afdawn. Can this change? Their ability to do transactions at this share price is zero and will destroy shareholder value even further. Delisting must be on the cards? Playing devils advocate one must wonder if somebody is not planning to get the share price at say 3/4 cents and then make an offer for the minorities...

Anything is possible, but I can not see why one would buy a company and then delist...

#638 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Why do you think the market is so 'off' Afdawn. Can this change? Their ability to do transactions at this share price is zero and will destroy shareholder value even further. Delisting must be on the cards? Playing devils advocate one must wonder if somebody is not planning to get the share price at say 3/4 cents and then make an offer for the minorities...

Hawk

#639 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Does this mean KC has increased its profits by 62%? It is good news that the CEO at last is sharing some of the activities with the market! Now Keet must share the Elite situation with us and we can RIP.

#640 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Does this mean KC has increased its profits by 62%? It is good news that the CEO at last is sharing some of the activities with the market! Now Keet must share the Elite situation with us and we can RIP.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting