35854 replies to this topic

#23381 chnkaw001

chnkaw001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGuernsey

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Anyone suspect there will be another political debate affecting the global market as debt ceiling 7 Feb approach? Thanks

#23382 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Gold is spiking up, even when the dollar is strong.

This shows fear in the markets.

Yesterday i saw the S&P go up with VIX, that move showed that the S&P move was fake.

Common break 1770 and get this crash going. Just some bad numbers from US 

It will make Yen so strong, that it will shift all money to safe havens.

I see GBP, AUD,NZD are already weak. preparing for a tanking

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23383 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Must say didn't believe it but sure looks like the bullparty has stopped....must say enjoy your posts S, keep'em coming!

So from a tech point of view should see a decent retracement for the next 3 weeks, but especially in this day of age with QE still in the system the corrections is very much regulated, thing to keep in mind!

Doing a rough PF count from the SPX top she might aim for a low around 1680 in Feb (in line with S projection of 1700), that should conclude the primary wave 4 down and kick off the final primary wave 5 up aiming for a slight new high (top formation)...difficult to say where the TOP40 will bottom in Feb (38000?) but we too should stage a good run but fall short of a new top..(42000)?This based on TOP40 usually putting in a high earlier than the US (history repeating itself).

But most importantly will let mr market guide the way and until we have a clear reversal signal short it is to ride it!

Lots of opportunities ahead to make good mula!

A

"The point is not so much to buy as cheap as possible or go short at top price, but to buy or sell at the right time."

"There are times when money can be made investing and speculating in stocks, but money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year. Only the foolhardy will try it. It just is not in the cards and cannot be done."

J Livingstone

A 15% drop will be good, around 1570.

We need a drop that will scare the FED and investors. Too many people are long stocks. We need to shake them off.

They need to be scared to buy, that's when the low will kick in.

even 20-30% will do the trick

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#23384 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Euro CPI 0.7, Draghi will cut rates next ECB meeting. 

Time for him to add his form of QE (LTRO)

Can the european markets be the top performer this year.

Rate cut and LTRO means europe stocks rally. it would be very profitable to find a low on DAX now.

After the big drop, i will pile all my money in DAX

#23385 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

As young as the day is the punch bowl has been removed. The driver of the stock market was QE, not earnings. Earnings are the one to start the fire.

Rates in EM markets are going up. Rates are supposed to go up when an economy is heating up. Now they go up when we are in a recession.

I don't want to be the last one holding the bag. The EM Markets are stuck in a corner.

I made my money buying stocks in QE. I'm not stupid in buying stocks in tapering, common sense.

Shoprite should be your 1st indicator. Copper second, were copper goes stocks will follow.

The baltric dry index is of 50% since Jan started. That shows activity has slowed down, those ships are not exporting anything.

last year i warned people to move their money to safe haven currencies before em markets termoil started.

I even said strikes will we the norm. Now strikes start in January, it just shows the facts are changing.

I dont want to be the one to say i told you so ;)

Must say didn't believe it but sure looks like the bullparty has stopped....must say enjoy your posts S, keep'em coming!

So from a tech point of view should see a decent retracement for the next 3 weeks, but especially in this day of age with QE still in the system the corrections is very much regulated, thing to keep in mind!

Doing a rough PF count from the SPX top she might aim for a low around 1680 in Feb (in line with S projection of 1700), that should conclude the primary wave 4 down and kick off the final primary wave 5 up aiming for a slight new high (top formation)...difficult to say where the TOP40 will bottom in Feb (38000?) but we too should stage a good run but fall short of a new top..(42000)?This based on TOP40 usually putting in a high earlier than the US (history repeating itself).

But most importantly will let mr market guide the way and until we have a clear reversal signal short it is to ride it!

Lots of opportunities ahead to make good mula!

A

"The point is not so much to buy as cheap as possible or go short at top price, but to buy or sell at the right time."

"There are times when money can be made investing and speculating in stocks, but money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year. Only the foolhardy will try it. It just is not in the cards and cannot be done."

J Livingstone

"Never never never give up!"

#23386 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Last chance train is leaving the station to the underworld

Jump in those shorts any price above 40700

stop 41600

target 1= 40200

target 2=39000

N_arrow.png

stop 41600

target 1= 40200

target 2=39000

N_arrow.png

Those who took shorts, clap hands for yourselfs

Viva La Bear :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

#23387 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

well said S !  :D

...and there is also a low level possibility of us being down rated   and what follows from that possibility  !!! imagine Ms Marcus pushing rate up to stop that outflow of foreign money

Edited by OceanWalz, 31 January 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#23388 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

what rally ? been watching Ftse100 futures - not very sure of itself - like a damp rag trying to stand up firm, gets onto an elbow , never mind its at its right shoulder hight and blops down ! our T40Fs jsut gets whacked down whole day before 40850 - but day is still young!

As young as the day is the punch bowl has been removed. The driver of the stock market was QE, not earnings. Earnings are the one to start the fire.

Rates in EM markets are going up. Rates are supposed to go up when an economy is heating up. Now they go up when we are in a recession.

I don't want to be the last one holding the bag. The EM Markets are stuck in a corner.

I made my money buying stocks in QE. I'm not stupid in buying stocks in tapering, common sense.

Shoprite should be your 1st indicator. Copper second, were copper goes stocks will follow.

The baltric dry index is of 50% since Jan started. That shows activity has slowed down, those ships are not exporting anything.

last year i warned people to move their money to safe haven currencies before em markets termoil started.

I even said strikes will we the norm. Now strikes start in January, it just shows the facts are changing.

I dont want to be the one to say i told you so ;)

#23389 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

And out of my longs!Looks like the big bear is awake.....

A

Respect A for calling once realising it. Brave man!!!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#23390 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Good traders know when to change when the facts change.

We must learn to sell the rallies for the next 3 months.

Viva la Bear :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

what rally ? been watching Ftse100 futures - not very sure of itself - like a damp rag trying to stand up firm, gets onto an elbow , never mind its at its right shoulder hight and blops down ! our T40Fs jsut gets whacked down whole day before 40850 - but day is still young!

#23391 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Short @ 40754 (IG).

Viva le bear!

Good traders know when to change when the facts change.

We must learn to sell the rallies for the next 3 months.

Viva la Bear :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

#23392 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Short @ 40754 (IG).

Viva le bear!

#23393 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

eish...

I'm shorting everything now, f*ck RS. I'm not going to wait for top tick.

pile in the shorts now, just use good money management. 

FTSE,DAX,DOW everything and hold till end of March

you can scalp here  and there, but just have those trades on.

S&P 1710 soon

Dow 15400 soon

DAX 9080 soon then 8850

#23394 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Short @40723.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23395 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

To build a better RS we actually need it cause if it goes now well i guess you can imagine...

eish...

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#23396 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

stop 41600

target 1= 40200

target 2=39000

N_arrow.png

#23397 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

A

an he has fallen asleep again...(he is taking power naps)

#23398 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

A

"Never never never give up!"

#23399 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

hahahah finger slips 41200...At least you gave it a small chance! You are open minded like that!

With the Beast you will never be 100% sure!

41200 - I'd give that 50:50

Good spot to begin initiating shorts again..

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23400 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

What are the odds of finishing up round the 42200 mark today?

To build a better RS we actually need it cause if it goes now well i guess you can imagine...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting