Adding to shorts 42900 looking for betters lows by end of this week

#20882 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

SUnesis US dropping more i think we will go down tomorrow,but any spike i am selling

IG CASH

#20883 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

All those who took a shorts at the highs can close at 43000, we should get a bounce soon. We will sell higher again.

Tuesdays have been bullish 16 of the last 17 this year. This is caused by bearish Mondays.

Be patient, we will short again higher

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20884 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

S..Every single short you opened in the last two weeks got stopped out for 500 pips on each trade. I see where you are coming from and the potential for a drop is there but there is no confirmation and overall trend is still up?

You speak like you saw my stops get hit.

Mind your own trading account. My account is healthy.

I not in a mood to talk sh*t today. i am just happy trading

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20885 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Need some help Buy the dip or Sell the rallies? I am clueless thought we would be running lower.Ok got my answer trade opposite to what i feel or think???

When unsure ... stay out!

If you can't see a trade, following the advice of others is probably the worst thing to do.

Take a break and be kind to yourself. The next trade (one YOU will see) will come.

#20886 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Bull vs Bear A vs S RED vs BLACK GAMBLING imo

IG CASH

#20887 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

The VIX only ended .59 up relative to the SPX suffering a 24 point loss, so they are not in sync and indicates on it not being the start of something serious, more profit taking as the US had a strong rally last week!

There is also a cycle low today and together with earning season kicking off I would not get too excited being a bear!

Still happy with my longs and I see new highs soon..IMO!

A

You will soon learn how the VIX works. 

#20888 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

It's not greed S it's following charts, you called the top few weeks back and the marked rallied hard against you with new highs, so you were wrong! 

Don't pull a Roffey on yourself, that top will come but not now! :rolleyes:  

A

My trading style if different to yours, how the market rallies against me depends on my risk management. 

The market can only go against me if it takes my money. So far it has not.

#20889 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

What happens when the DOW 50 DMA crosses the 100DMA.

Don't be tricked into short term rallies were you stand to make less than 3%. Rather choose the downside, its more profitable. Risk Reward is better.

Those who are still chasing this market up are doing it out of greed. It's probably the bears of last year who feel they missed out.

https://www.tradingv...com/x/qlKtk3fa/

It's not greed S it's following charts, you called the top few weeks back and the marked rallied hard against you with new highs, so you were wrong! 

Don't pull a Roffey on yourself, that top will come but not now! :rolleyes:  

A

"Never never never give up!"

#20890 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Activists declare Donetsk republic after capturing regional administration in Eastern Ukraine

26.si.jpg

Seems my prediction was right about Ukraine.

Donetsk, Kharkov and Lugansk also want to join Russia. 

A group of activists have declared their region independence from Kiev. This comes after protesters stormed a local government building last night.

Mass demonstrations against the country's new leadership started peacefully on Sunday, but the situation quickly escalated.

Pro-Russian protesters in Donetsk have seized the local power building, including the headquarters of the Security Service of Ukraine and proclaimed the creation of a People’s Republic of Donetsk.

Ukraine’s police and security services have not interfered, although officials in Kiev are threatening punishment for the rioters.

The Council proclaimed itself the only legitimate body in the region until the regions in southeast Ukraine conduct a general referendum, set to take place no later than May 11.

The Council in Donetsk issued an address to Russian President Vladimir Putin, asking for deployment of a temporary peacekeeping force to the region.

Peacekeeping force means soldiers in eastern Ukraine, It will be an interesting month for the market leading up to May11. Technicals remain bearish, fundamentals remain bearish. Earning season is already baked in

19.jpg

Rallies in support of the federalization of Ukraine continue in a number of cities in southeast Ukraine. Thousands of citizens have joined the protests, demanding the earliest possible federalization of the country.

Ukraine’s Ministry of Interior said that last night unknown persons stormed the Security Service of Ukraine building in the city of Lugansk and seized a weapons warehouse there. During the night’s clashes, nine people were reportedly injured.

25.jpg

#20891 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

any opinions please on the current S&P 500 as being in a throw back and continuation pattern ?? esp seen that Fridays sell off was very much a case of selling -begets more selling

GSPC.JPG

What happens when the DOW 50 DMA crosses the 100DMA.

Don't be tricked into short term rallies were you stand to make less than 3%. Rather choose the downside, its more profitable. Risk Reward is better.

Those who are still chasing this market up are doing it out of greed. It's probably the bears of last year who feel they missed out.

https://www.tradingv...com/x/qlKtk3fa/

#20892 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Need some help Buy the dip or Sell the rallies? I am clueless thought we would be running lower.Ok got my answer trade opposite to what i feel or think???

IG CASH

#20893 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

There was an increase of 188,000 call on US markets on Friday.

My opinion just a minor pullback before we see new highs in US markets.

#20894 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

I tend to agree with A for now...Lotsa damage done of Friday to the SP500 but no real technical damage. Very very fishy Price action on The SP500..Selloff on 1899 and then heavy selling right on  3 support  levels..WIll have to monitor closely but I still also see a high back/middle of next week

The 43400ish TOP40F should be strong support now!

The Nasdaq that led the correction in the US made a new low on friday but with strong positive divergence on its macd, in the past that led to a new uptrend!

A

#20895 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Argento, - had trouble pasting the chart earlier

any opinions please on the current S&P 500 as being in a throw back and continuation pattern ?? esp seen that Fridays sell off was very much a case of selling -begets more selling

GSPC.JPG

91826401249305783282.jpg

#20896 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

GSPC.JPG

The VIX only ended .59 up relative to the SPX suffering a 24 point loss, so they are not in sync and indicates on it not being the start of something serious, more profit taking as the US had a strong rally last week!

There is also a cycle low today and together with earning season kicking off I would not get too excited being a bear!

Still happy with my longs and I see new highs soon..IMO!

A

Edited by Argento, 07 April 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#20897 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

GSPC.JPG

#20898 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

5 Trading Tips You Need to Know Now

1. Your biggest advantage in the market

One of the biggest ‘keys’ to trading success is understanding the fact that in trading, you can only control yourself and your actions, but you cannot control the market. This may seem like a relatively obvious point at first, but most traders do not trade as if they understand or accept it. They try in vain to force their will upon the market, doing everything they can to ‘force’ money out of it, seemingly unaware that this behavior is the exact reason they are not profiting.

You cannot control the market, but you can control yourself, and this is truly your biggest advantage in the market, yet hardly any traders seem to believe this, and even fewer make consistent use of it.

If you think about it, it’s really quite obvious; self-control as a trader means you consistently do the opposite of what losing traders do. It means you don’t risk more than you’re comfortable with losing on a trade, you don’t trade when there’s no obvious setup present, you don’t let your elation or anger influence you to jump back into the market right after a win or loss…you don’t do these things because you have self-control. Simply put, most traders have little to no self-control in the market, and this is why so many traders fail.

The ability you have to control the amount of money you risk per trade is insanely powerful. Unfortunately, many traders abuse this power or don’t fully understand it. Controlling your risk per trade properly is the foundation of successful trading. Any trader, no matter how skilled a chart technician, will act irrationally if they risk more than they are comfortable with losing on a trade. Successful traders know this, and the reason they are successful is because they make sure they do not risk too much on any given trade.

2. Let the market do the ‘work’ for you

Traders often try to do too much and they would be better off taking a ‘lazier’ approach to their trading. The reason why this is true, is because the market is going to do what it wants to do, regardless of what you hope it does or want it to do. Therefore, instead of doing a bunch of ‘work’ like over-analyzing every variable you can and trying to force your will upon the market, it only makes logical sense that you wait patiently for the market to ‘show you its cards’ before you do anything.

What I mean by ‘show you its cards’, is that you should simply be waiting patiently for the market to form an obvious price action setup that meets your trading plan criteria. Then, you set the order up and let the market ‘do the work’, while you do something else, or just relax. This goes along with tip number 1 above, because traders often lack the ability to simply do nothing in the market; they lack the self-control to keep their hands in their pockets.

3. Focus on becoming a good trader; enjoy the process

This tip might just be the most important one you’ve ever read. Quite frankly, most traders are way too concerned about how much money they might make in the market. Ironically, it is this preoccupation with making money and becoming profitable that leads to a trader losing money and failing in the market.

When you are too distracted by making money and you have ‘dollar signs in your eyes’, you forget about the trading process and you forget that you need to become a good trader FIRST. That is to say, you need to learn to trade successfully before you can hope to make any serious money in the market. But, sadly, most traders ‘count their chickens before they are hatched’, and this causes them to take far too large and far too many risks in the market, inevitably causing them to lose money.

Don’t worry about the money in your trading account, just worry about the process of trading and about becoming a good trader. It does not matter if you have $300 or $30,000 in your trading account, if you can trade you can trade, and it won’t take long for a good trader to build a small account into a larger one. However, and I will emphasize this again, you will never build a small account into a big one if you do not first get excited about the trading process and about becoming a good trader. If you don’t feel you have the passion, interest and drive to get excited about becoming a skilled trader and all the things that requires, then it’s better you forget about trading and put your energy elsewhere.

4. What you do after a trade determines your success or failure

There’s a very predictable cycle of events that most traders go through if they are not yet at the point where they are consciously monitoring themselves and disciplined enough to avoid the temptation inherent in the market. The cycle, goes something like this: You get on a hot streak, win a few big trades, then you start feeling good, this good feeling is extremely dangerous.

It’s called over-confidence, and it basically means the euphoria or happiness you’re feeling from your recent winners has artificially reduced the amount of risk you sense in the market. What inevitably results, is that you crank up your normal position size, risking far more than you were on your recent trades, and / or you start being drastically less picky in the setups you take (over-trading).

Similarly, after a losing trade, many traders jump right back in the market out of anger or frustration. They want to make back that money they just lost. However, this feeling typically ends in them losing even more money, which can further perpetuate the cycle, as you are probably aware.

5. Controlling yourself during a trade is critically important

Finally, when you have a trade on, what do you do? Do you sit there and watch it until your eyes start to burn? Do you stay up all night and lose sleep because you are glued to every pip for and against your trade? Do you almost always interfere with your trades while they are live, moving stops and targets around or adding to positions? For most traders, the answers to these questions are unfortunately “yes”.

Controlling yourself during a trade is just as important, if not more, than controlling yourself before and after a trade. Often, the hardest thing for a trader to do during a trade is nothing, yet nothing is often the best thing they can do. As I described earlier, often it’s better to be a ‘lazy trader’ by simply letting the market do the ‘work’ for you after you enter.

#20899 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Now that this forum is becoming objective rather than subjective, I',d like to suggest each individual posts his/her top 3 most important learnings not for a debate or argument, this will form a consolidated list for do's/don'ts that we all must try to live up to for the next month then we review who was able to stick to the rules and who could not, then for those that could stick to the rules and could not must publish their portfolio % growth or loss , we create 2 separate lists for those that could stick to the rules and could not and calculate the average % growth or loss for each list separately giving us a result as a good sampling base that traders can chose to accept or reject for each individual's preference , we do need someone that can consolidate the data for those that choose to play this, it cannot be myself as I don't have time to dedicate but I am willing to provide input.

Edited by RBM, 06 April 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#20900 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

Nice one S ! Now we are all learning

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting