#20861 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

The market makers have closed the gap, now it's up to the professionals to play with this thing. And I want to mimic them.

Possibilities: It's likely that we will open at 43520 (Jun 14) and skid down to 43360, I will not go long until we are at 43060.

We also may open at 44060, if the FTSE plays along, If that happens, I'll go short.

Happy days.

Edited by Roundtree, 08 April 2014 - 06:03 PM.

Happy trading!

#20862 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Bulls have one thing going for them today, it is Tuesday. So far this yr been down just twice

And if 2nd Tuesday is +ve then so is rest of week, yap yap!

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#20863 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Entry into dairy....two S/L hit during the downturn just before 1630. Market makes an about-turn thereafter. Breath deeply and breath again.

The marker makers up to their old tricks, take out a few stops and then she shoots up! :huh:  

Always good to put those stops few points lower than the support level!

We have a nice turnaround in the US going on...!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#20864 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

All those who took a shorts at the highs can close at 43000, we should get a bounce soon. We will sell higher again.

Tuesdays have been bullish 16 of the last 17 this year. This is caused by bearish Mondays.

Be patient, we will short again higher

Bulls have one thing going for them today, it is Tuesday. So far this yr been down just twice

original_21844759.png?1396966619

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20865 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Entry into dairy....two S/L hit during the downturn just before 1630. Market makes an about-turn thereafter. Breath deeply and breath again.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#20866 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

A

Your red line (43 400 / 43500) is also the neckline of a somewhat skew H&S! That is a good 700 points if the NL breaks.

I must agree that recent price action above 400, despite the very weak DOW, looks bullish.

The bulls must retake 700 today or tomorrow.

When last did we see a "sell in May"?

Maybe this year!

:)

#20867 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I attached the 60min timeframe, you can see why the 43400ish TOP40F is strong support!

This setup just does not look bearish to me and with positive divergence,earnings season coming and US way oversold I am still holding my longs!

After this final leg up the top should be closing in..... :o

A

#20868 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Man, it's difficult to trade when one has to hedge a big short all the while, just to keep margin! This ongoing balancing act has me sweating... :o

Edited by BBW, 08 April 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#20869 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Us Futures looking weaker, now is just to see if 43400f holds. Market is difficult to read atm. Forum is dead quite think everyone is pissed off!! Will be a pitty if the good traders all decide to stop posting no more info and advice. What happend to HDB i was making good profits with his before opening targets and then he disappeared.

IG CASH

#20870 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Doesn't matter how good trader you are you have and will make wrong calls on this market, its just the complicated dynamic nature of it, she has a way of humbling even the best..swoosh!

Let's keep this forum as a learning tool with respect for each other rather than a competition!

If the 1841 (SPX) and 43400ish (TOP40) pivots hold the bulls are still in charge IMO!

Let's see if this rally can get something started...

A

#20871 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

If SPX closes below 1840 then I expect it will revist Feb low, but not expecting this because alignment of major US indices is progressing nicely without such need

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#20872 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Err...I didn't have to see you stops being hit...You posted them publicly??

My point was just this Sunesis..You called the top 3 weeks ago and we rallied over 1500 pips on that. I ONLY mentioned it because the market will tell you when she is ready to drop. You don't get to tell her.  So when you make posts, disregard and disrespect other sharechat users view points, run their noses in it when they are wrong and treat your posts as the gospel of trading it becomes a sore point. With posting comes alot of responsibility..Please try and remember that. You have no problem laughing at someone on the wrong side of a trade? But take personal offence when someone calls you out?

Yes "we will learn what the VIX really is?"? The market can only go against me if it takes my money. So far it has not" Well put...You are indeed bigger that the market and this forum. I'm here to learn and learn from my mistakes..I leave my ego at the door..not on this forum.

And Im so glad you are not in the mood to talk sh%t today Sunesis...Its exactly arrogant and immature responses like that that has turned this particular thread into a shadow of what it once was 6 months ago. Would love to comment...But I have seen just how low it will go.

So I will  reserve all comments so please treat this as if you haven't read it.

How can you post something publicly, then say i must take it as if i have not read it.

Do you see sh*t head written on my face.

if you have a problem with me, my trading or my posts. I would suggest you PM me.

Don't post crap, then act like the good guy. 

f*ck off

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20873 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Jakes Are you short.Before you went awol i think you went long.

IG CASH

#20874 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Everybody is playing defense, we need some mid fielders, strikers and goal keepers...hehehe

#20875 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

nope no rally until later this week

Dow back at 16000 by Wednesday latest

#20876 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

When you look at copper, Baltic dry index, and break down in Nasdaq.... You can expect a nice healthy pull back on weekly/monthly time frames.... Be short and be patient!!!!

#20877 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

The US 1H is oversold, we should get a relief rally tomorrow.
A close above 1850 is also key

nope no rally until later this week

#20878 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

S&P Tumbles From Record-High To Red Year-To-Date In 2 Days

The bulls take the stairs and bears jump out the window.

Worst start to a year since 2009's crash

The market is up a staggering 0% LOL

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

So much for the bulls

#20879 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

US energy sector at 2007 highs again.

Some people are learning how the VIX works.

original_21813615.jpg?1396887402

#20880 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

SUnesis US dropping more i think we will go down tomorrow,but any spike i am selling

The US 1H is oversold, we should get a relief rally tomorrow.

A close above 1850 is also key

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting