35854 replies to this topic

#20961 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

Interesting VIX chart showing how VIX might be bottoming out.

Thanks for the chart AJ...interesting!

Enjoy your holiday K

A

"Never never never give up!"

#20962 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

Last night there was an uptick of 239,000 call options on the US markets.

I expect the US to make new highs.

The Alsi is tired and hence overdue for a correction.This pullback will be buyable for more upside to new highs.

my 2 cents.

#20963 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Going on holiday. I'll be off the radar until after Easter. 

Prosperous trading!

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#20964 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

goooood Morning everyone! could not find off -topic for this Friday 'Eish!' laugh:

m_140403mg.jpg

#20965 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Interesting VIX chart showing how VIX might be bottoming out.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#20966 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Positive divergence already showing so the Express will soon depart again for new highs....toot toot! 

A

Edited by Argento, 03 April 2014 - 05:30 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#20967 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

43400 support line is now broken below 43200 and the uptrend will be done as well !

#20968 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

If DOW goes nowhere tonight are we in for another Red Day tomorrow?

#20969 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Wow... US markets really shooting the lights out.... Up a whole 0.2%

The Dow is at a staggering 0% YTD gain for the year

LOL :D

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20970 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

going for 43200

#20971 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

April is a seasonally strong month for the ALSI.

I'm slowly building my short position, in anticipation of the return move in May/June/July. I've found that gradually building up a position works better for me than to go all in at once. That way, when the drop happens, you are already in and can happily sit back and watch the Bulls squirm...  ;)

Also when averaging up you need a smaller correction to start making green..

I'll only get concerned when she goes above 45000. Sleepless nights will follow at 45500...

K

PS. This strategy is unconventional and not recommended for outsized positions or small accounts! Money management is key! DO NOT SAY THAT YOU WERE NOT WARNED!

I agree with you. I so the same ... but ... I think this old bull is going to run past mid April

#20972 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Wow... US markets really shooting the lights out.... Up a whole 0.2%

#20973 Playa

Playa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationVryburg

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm slowly building my short position, in anticipation of the return move in May/June/July. I've found that gradually building up a position works better for me than to go all in at once. That way, when the drop happens, you are already in and can happily sit back and watch the Bulls squirm...  ;)

I'll only get concerned when she goes above 45000. Sleepless nights will follow at 45500...

K

PS. This strategy is unconventional and not recommended for outsized positions or small accounts! Money management is key! DO NOT SAY THAT YOU WERE NOT WARNED!

Thank You K'!!

The strategy makes sense, 

#20974 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Sniffed...

Fib into topping extension of wave 3 of 5

April can bring wave 4 - significant falls in equities, with momentum returning to gold (higher low)

But hopefully not before T40F 45000

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#20975 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

K

Agree, best strategy !

#20976 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

K

This is exactly what i am doing.

There is so much hype about record highs, that it's bound to fail

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#20977 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I know that the Flashboys (Michael Lewis) book has been mentioned in here recently - I recently picked up a copy of it, and am finding it riveting, and have subsequently been researching / googling around the topic.

This debate on the role of High Frequency Trading seems to be something which is really heating up  (see http://video.cnbc.co...ideo=3000263252 ) and it appears has sparked Federal interest.

My question to the experts here is whether perhaps this debate will be catalytic or instrumental to the technically predicted downside in coming weeks / months?

In short, I think this amounts to a threat to the healthy lunch that is being eaten by phantom traders, not individual / retail / institututional investing, as I'm sure most of us believe it should be, and this could lead to a phenomenon of distrust in financial markets, a correction in equities, and flight to the likes of precious metals, property. Confidence to be slowly built back up led by a new era of 'level playing field.

THoughts?

This market has been rigged since it started.

The is nothing that the HFT are doing that was not done before in the trading pits.

Computers are just faster. It's like F1 racing cars, those cars have all the technology to  assist the driver. They don't call that a rigged sport

Just because computers are faster does not mean systems are rigged. You just need to adapt to the changing times.

Watch this docie

#20978 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Bono summed it up well when he said, "It's A Beautiful Day"

Don't let it get away.

Happy trading!

#20979 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Just out if interest... Those that are currently shorting SA40 long term, what are your stop losses? Thanx

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#20980 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

At today’s meeting the Governing Council of the ECB decided that the interest rate on the main refinancing operations and the interest rates on the marginal lending facility and the deposit facility will remain unchanged at 0.25%, 0.75% and 0.00% respectively.

The President of the ECB will comment on the considerations underlying these decisions at a press conference starting at 2.30 p.m. CET today.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting