#21102 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Another day done, and another day completely miss-read. Work out the most logical outcome, and do the opposite.

Exactly what one of my buddies told me! You know, it works quite often. Now, where have those short stop loss hunters gone to this evening?

IG SA40

#21103 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

piling on shorts entire day today, tonight looks to be a fall through the crack night

Just a retest of the previous high (breakout point)...bullish IMO! :P

A

"Never never never give up!"

#21104 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Be patient and pile in the shorts.

Short DOW 16450

piling on shorts entire day today, tonight looks to be a fall through the crack night

[...I AM THE BIGGEST LOSER...ALWAYS HAVE BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE...]

#21105 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Another day done, and another day completely miss-read. Work out the most logical outcome, and do the opposite.

#21106 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Why r we down when the planet rallies!!

Resources taking a breather!

A

#21107 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Ours is not to wonder why,

Ours is but to do and ..................... profit!  :)

(apologies to Kipling)

#21108 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

ZAR/US$

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#21109 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

#21110 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Be patient and pile in the shorts.

Short DOW 16450

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21111 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

It would be irrational to use any funds let alone Bond funds to fund a loosing position.. depending on your margin, I would suggest closing your shorts and letting your longs run.. this will allow you to hedge your loosing position

Thank you Playa, all my share  CFD positions are long. Did some adjusting of stops, closed one or two winning positions and with the help of the ALSI dropping a bit, my R100k margin deficit was sorted. Now already took 2 hedging longs. Also sitting with big loosing positions in NPN, PNC and ACL, but they've been solid today. My bond money safe for now; my back-up plan. :)

Edited by BBW, 31 March 2014 - 03:34 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#21112 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Me thinks US is breaking out and tomorrow's China manufacturing going to drive markets up..IMO!

NYSI is bullish!

A

#21113 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Ocean, correct it's some time off.  wouldn't surprise me alsi breaks new highs in the interim.  have no position but when i go short it'll be off the next record high

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21114 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

hey farouk..hope you well, been quite for some time. re: alsi have the same view on a correction tied to fed policy

Hi Delta, it makes sense , but is'nt that Fed policy on interest rates increase set vaguely for next year only? 

#21115 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

hey farouk..hope you well, been quite for some time. re: alsi have the same view on a correction tied to fed policy

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21116 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi

A&O

Sorry could not reply earlier.

Note i am trading curriencies at present so not much time for charts.I do come to the forum from time to time just to see whats peoples opinion on the Alsi.

My opinion on the Alsi at present is bullish but its time to take money off the table.The market is getting tired at present highs and there is just too much off dumb money following into the Alsi.Shorters should keep an eye for a reversal candle on a change of trend soon.

The big picture is still bullish for World markets.The more they print the higher we go.At present there are talks from the Fed of increasing interest rates but so long as they don't make any confirmed decision then any pullback will be a buying opportunity.Here is a link below that everyone should study which is about margin debt.One could go back to previous corrections and study to see what happened.The only problem with this site is that it takes a month to update its figures so March figures will only be available end April.My opinion is wait for a confirmed Fed tightening monetary decision which should lead to a drop in margin debt as your trigger for a massive correction.

http://www.nyxdata.c...3153&category=8

Happy trading and all the best

Farouk

Thanks Farouk!

Agree on waiting for that bearish weekly reversal candle for confirmation..until then I'm staying long, got a possible PF count (diamond formation) of around 45300ish before the big bear awakes! ;)

A

Edited by Argento, 31 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#21117 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi

A&O

Sorry could not reply earlier.

Note i am trading curriencies at present so not much time for charts.I do come to the forum from time to time just to see whats peoples opinion on the Alsi.

My opinion on the Alsi at present is bullish but its time to take money off the table.The market is getting tired at present highs and there is just too much off dumb money following into the Alsi.Shorters should keep an eye for a reversal candle on a change of trend soon.

The big picture is still bullish for World markets.The more they print the higher we go.At present there are talks from the Fed of increasing interest rates but so long as they don't make any confirmed decision then any pullback will be a buying opportunity.Here is a link below that everyone should study which is about margin debt.One could go back to previous corrections and study to see what happened.The only problem with this site is that it takes a month to update its figures so March figures will only be available end April.My opinion is wait for a confirmed Fed tightening monetary decision which should lead to a drop in margin debt as your trigger for a massive correction.

http://www.nyxdata.c...3153&category=8

Happy trading and all the best

Farouk

#21118 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Bond/Savings money NOT EQUAL TO Trading money!

Only trade with funds that you can afford to lose.

So close those CFD's and get back to liquidity...

My 2c...

K

Of the same mind, but almost closed my huge CML long, and look at it going now. Taking up huge margin though, as every time I try to use a SL with Coronation, I get 'spiked' out. :angry:

#21119 Playa

Playa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationVryburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Guys, please help me here: Should I close my CFD longs (those in profit) and get some margin to hedge my short position on the ALSI or what? I don't really want to use some more bond or savings money... Too late to close my AlSI shorts; doesn't fit in with my plan anyway. (No comments re money management please; I know! Not the best strategy.) Or use the bond money??

It would be irrational to use any funds let alone Bond funds to fund a loosing position.. depending on your margin, I would suggest closing your shorts and letting your longs run.. this will allow you to hedge your loosing position

#21120 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Whilst the percentage of net new 2-week highs exceeds the percentage of net new 10-week highs, the bulls will be in charge and shorts will continue to experience pain. Until then, we remain long.

:unsure: Thanks. Still expecting a big correction (depression) within 6 months time, though?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting