Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Be patient and pile in the shorts.

Short DOW 16450

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21122 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

It would be irrational to use any funds let alone Bond funds to fund a loosing position.. depending on your margin, I would suggest closing your shorts and letting your longs run.. this will allow you to hedge your loosing position

Thank you Playa, all my share  CFD positions are long. Did some adjusting of stops, closed one or two winning positions and with the help of the ALSI dropping a bit, my R100k margin deficit was sorted. Now already took 2 hedging longs. Also sitting with big loosing positions in NPN, PNC and ACL, but they've been solid today. My bond money safe for now; my back-up plan. :)

Edited by BBW, 31 March 2014 - 03:34 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#21123 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Me thinks US is breaking out and tomorrow's China manufacturing going to drive markets up..IMO!

NYSI is bullish!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#21124 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Ocean, correct it's some time off.  wouldn't surprise me alsi breaks new highs in the interim.  have no position but when i go short it'll be off the next record high

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21125 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

hey farouk..hope you well, been quite for some time. re: alsi have the same view on a correction tied to fed policy

Hi Delta, it makes sense , but is'nt that Fed policy on interest rates increase set vaguely for next year only? 

#21126 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

hey farouk..hope you well, been quite for some time. re: alsi have the same view on a correction tied to fed policy

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#21127 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi

A&O

Sorry could not reply earlier.

Note i am trading curriencies at present so not much time for charts.I do come to the forum from time to time just to see whats peoples opinion on the Alsi.

My opinion on the Alsi at present is bullish but its time to take money off the table.The market is getting tired at present highs and there is just too much off dumb money following into the Alsi.Shorters should keep an eye for a reversal candle on a change of trend soon.

The big picture is still bullish for World markets.The more they print the higher we go.At present there are talks from the Fed of increasing interest rates but so long as they don't make any confirmed decision then any pullback will be a buying opportunity.Here is a link below that everyone should study which is about margin debt.One could go back to previous corrections and study to see what happened.The only problem with this site is that it takes a month to update its figures so March figures will only be available end April.My opinion is wait for a confirmed Fed tightening monetary decision which should lead to a drop in margin debt as your trigger for a massive correction.

http://www.nyxdata.c...3153&category=8

Happy trading and all the best

Farouk

Thanks Farouk!

Agree on waiting for that bearish weekly reversal candle for confirmation..until then I'm staying long, got a possible PF count (diamond formation) of around 45300ish before the big bear awakes! ;)

A

Edited by Argento, 31 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#21128 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi

A&O

Sorry could not reply earlier.

Note i am trading curriencies at present so not much time for charts.I do come to the forum from time to time just to see whats peoples opinion on the Alsi.

My opinion on the Alsi at present is bullish but its time to take money off the table.The market is getting tired at present highs and there is just too much off dumb money following into the Alsi.Shorters should keep an eye for a reversal candle on a change of trend soon.

The big picture is still bullish for World markets.The more they print the higher we go.At present there are talks from the Fed of increasing interest rates but so long as they don't make any confirmed decision then any pullback will be a buying opportunity.Here is a link below that everyone should study which is about margin debt.One could go back to previous corrections and study to see what happened.The only problem with this site is that it takes a month to update its figures so March figures will only be available end April.My opinion is wait for a confirmed Fed tightening monetary decision which should lead to a drop in margin debt as your trigger for a massive correction.

http://www.nyxdata.c...3153&category=8

Happy trading and all the best

Farouk

#21129 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Bond/Savings money NOT EQUAL TO Trading money!

Only trade with funds that you can afford to lose.

So close those CFD's and get back to liquidity...

My 2c...

K

Of the same mind, but almost closed my huge CML long, and look at it going now. Taking up huge margin though, as every time I try to use a SL with Coronation, I get 'spiked' out. :angry:

#21130 Playa

Playa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationVryburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Guys, please help me here: Should I close my CFD longs (those in profit) and get some margin to hedge my short position on the ALSI or what? I don't really want to use some more bond or savings money... Too late to close my AlSI shorts; doesn't fit in with my plan anyway. (No comments re money management please; I know! Not the best strategy.) Or use the bond money??

It would be irrational to use any funds let alone Bond funds to fund a loosing position.. depending on your margin, I would suggest closing your shorts and letting your longs run.. this will allow you to hedge your loosing position

#21131 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Whilst the percentage of net new 2-week highs exceeds the percentage of net new 10-week highs, the bulls will be in charge and shorts will continue to experience pain. Until then, we remain long.

:unsure: Thanks. Still expecting a big correction (depression) within 6 months time, though?

#21132 powerstocks

powerstocks

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Whilst the percentage of net new 2-week highs exceeds the percentage of net new 10-week highs, the bulls will be in charge and shorts will continue to experience pain. Until then, we remain long.

Attached Files

• Attached File  hilo.GIF   44.5KB   11 downloads

PowerStocks Research Corp
www.powerstocks.co.za
"The JSE like you've never seen before!"

#21133 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

What? Really? Sorry, not being funny or nasty, I just want to make sure you are not kidding around: You really using bond money to trade with?

Yes I do. Not a gambler, but believe that one should definitely make use of the current low interest rates. Same as lending money for a business; just much cheaper. (That's anyway what the banks do, don't they?)

Edited by BBW, 31 March 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#21134 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

The answer to you is a simple one.

If you don't know what it is:

Sit back, take a deep breath and do the right thing (and that does NOT include the "bond money" option for you sir).

Thanks, I'm quite rustig, not panicky yet; used to things going wrong by now; been there done that. Just that the answer to doing the BEST thing now eludes me still. I will NOT close my loosing position though as that's one things I've learned; stay with the original plan, unless there's very good reason to have a change of mind of future prospects/targets. Also, the market hasn't "run out of me" before...

#21135 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

My 2c...

K

What he said! 

I'll never be able to sleep at night knowing that I have debt in the market! I know Jesse Livermore pulled it off, but I'm no hero! 

Edited by AJS, 31 March 2014 - 09:52 AM.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#21136 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Guys, please help me here: Should I close my CFD longs (those in profit) and get some margin to hedge my short position on the ALSI or what? I don't really want to use some more bond or savings money... Too late to close my AlSI shorts; doesn't fit in with my plan anyway. (No comments re money management please; I know! Not the best strategy.) Or use the bond money??

My 2c...

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#21137 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Or use the bond money??

What? Really? Sorry, not being funny or nasty, I just want to make sure you are not kidding around: You really using bond money to trade with?

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#21138 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

The answer to you is a simple one.

If you don't know what it is:

Sit back, take a deep breath and do the right thing (and that does NOT include the "bond money" option for you sir).

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#21139 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

The trend is your friend peeps! No need to try fight it

#21140 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

I WILL NOT TRADE THE ALSI AGAIN! I WILL NOT TRADE THE ALSI AGAIN!! I WILL NOT TRADE THE ALSI AGAIN!!! F..K F..K F..K!!!! Been away for a week and my shorts are burning! Margin calls my whole mailbox full! Reminds me of that old saying "THE MARKET CAN STAY IRRATIONAL MUCH LONGER THAN YOUR ACCOUNT CAN STAY LIQUID", of iets in dier voege! Damage control... where's that access bond...?! :o  :o  :o

Powerstocks, what say you? A  recession still around the corner?? :wacko:  :blink:

Edited by BBW, 31 March 2014 - 09:38 AM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting