35854 replies to this topic

#21821 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Are we 30 mins from a pivot. Let's see if my experiment works. Cycles can also be halved or doubled

#21822 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

how weird I said 14 hours ago the dow has big resistance at 16253 it sits right on 16253. ----------------------- an up day for ALSI maybe??? what about negative Japan and ASX markets and weaker gold price? i'll be building shorts as we rise for sure.

I have a feeling my 1% up day may still be in the cards 

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#21823 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Dont know what he said, but it surely looks like the markets liked it. Time to go long then I presume.

Basically said Russia proposed "cooperation with Ukraine". 

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#21824 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

l

Looks like the market likes whatPutin is saying

Dont know what he said, but it surely looks like the markets liked it. Time to go long then I presume.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#21825 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

I don't like ras-Putin ... but he presents a good argument.

#21826 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

l

Looks like the market likes whatPutin is saying

IG CASH

#21827 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Putin to address Federal Assembly on Crimea in several minutes.

Live: http://rt.com/on-air/

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21828 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

so where is the next number xx330 what's the theory again.....

#21829 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Why selling all the rallies into April will payoff: Putin ALSI into perspective

1. China real estate developer with $567 debt set to collapse

2. China home prices are starting to slow

3. The Yaun is weakening, which will disrupt other markets like Japan. Nikkei will have spill over effect

4. Weak US sanctions to Russia will enable them to continue with eastern Ukraine. Some of Putin's friends who were sanctioned even laughed them off.

5. China abstaining from the UN security council vote against Russia gives Russia the go ahead to do whatever they want.

Crimea moving to Russia gives essentially a signal to China that one day they can also move and seize some territory that they perceive that belongs to them. The islands which Japan and China are fighting for will be the next referendum. Russia will support China as that happens. No wonder China abstained from the vote. Putin is a very good chess player.

On the economic front,  there is a huge discrepancy between what China reports and what China’s trading partners are reporting.

So if you look at the figures of China, exports are still growing. If you look at the trade figures China exports to Taiwan, so China records exports of so and so much. The Taiwan report imports from China at a much lower level. So which figures are more reliable? I think the figures of the trading partners of China are more reliable. And they would suggest that growth has slown down 

Governments will always publish the statistics that they wish to show irrespective whether that is in China or in other countries. Governments control basically the statistical offices, so they can show whatever they want. As Stalin said, it’s not important who votes but who counts the votes. And the government counts the statistics.

I think that investors are not sufficiently aware that the Chinese economy is far more important for emerging economies like South Africa than the United States because China is a large importer of resources. In other words, iron ore, copper, zinc. And at the same time, they are a huge exporter to South Africa of their own manufactured goods.

So if the Chinese economy slows down, commodity prices, industrial commodity prices are likely to remain under pressure. They already came down a lot. They remain under pressure and the resource producers have less money. In other words, the South Africa goes into a recession. The Middle East does not grow as much as before. South Africa and so forth all contract, and then they buy less from China and you have a vicious cycle on the downside.

Keep an eye on Tencent and BHP

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21830 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

HDB you were looking at a scalp but since we had a double bottom to you change plan...

nopes took my profit and rannnnn

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#21831 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

long @41973 ..looking form 100 points again!!

and out at 42074 for 101 points!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#21832 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

HDB you were looking at a scalp but since we had a double bottom to you change plan...

#21833 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Trying to revive SPX with short squeezing therapy, but this procedure only delaying things.

Patient needs to takeover soon or suffer big relapse.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#21834 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

kio and naspers moving up slowly again... just need some "big" boys to come to the party...

#21835 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Think about it this way: If you just fell from the third floor, would you just get up and walk straight away?  ;)

Yes but thats normally when you need "Doctors" advice. I have only fell from the first floor. 

#21836 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

always goes quiet after a few hundred point drop......

Think about it this way: If you just fell from the third floor, would you just get up and walk straight away?  ;)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#21837 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

double bottom coming up?

maybe a bounce back to 42100 - ish

42100 needs to break or we stay muddling sideways with more downside risk

#21838 snoop

snoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

always goes quiet after a few hundred point drop......

#21839 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

HDB

#21840 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

the good bye kissed its 55 ema.. whoosh

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting