35854 replies to this topic

#21861 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

Hi people that look like me and people that dont look like me what is the targets for today

IG CASH

#21862 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

the day is coming and it's not far away... http://blog.milesfra...is-not-far-away

#21863 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

how weird I said 14 hours ago the dow has big resistance at 16253 it sits right on 16253. ----------------------- an up day for ALSI maybe??? what about negative Japan and ASX markets and weaker gold price? i'll be building shorts as we rise for sure.

#21864 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Naspers going to push us up heavily today.
I'm calling another 1 % up day.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#21865 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

worth the read about the SP
http://alphanow.thom...h/#.UyNSGqtgbVE

Very good article

It looks like you might have to cut your losses on that short S.
Unless Putin comes back with action against west in retaliation to the sanctions.

But the West's action is so "toothless" that Putin might not even regard it necessary to react.

Alsi future

#21866 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Very good article

It looks like you might have to cut your losses on that short S.
Unless Putin comes back with action against west in retaliation to the sanctions.

But the West's action is so "toothless" that Putin might not even regard it necessary to react.

Alsi future

#21867 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Very good article

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21868 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#21869 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Russian TV Presenter Gloats, Says Russia "Only Country That Can Turn US Into Radioactive Dust"

Putin will speak tommorow at 13h00

Time for him to play his chess move.

Markets are still vulnerable

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21870 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

My game plan for tomorrow...lets see

45770590263060792871_thumb.png

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#21871 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

indeed mr gannet trade as direct as one can...if i could open a direct account for all international indices and comms i would i also use Terminal Velocity..and there be dragons.

#21872 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

God ..howzit i trade the alsi future...swordfish. markets seem to 'aggregate' at strange numbers. --------------------- what is this story you guys trade a with a market maker for alsi?? just open your own alsi account and trade direct....huh or am I missing something?? ----------------- yes for offshore we trade market-makers...but I would not choose this voluntarily...i would open a direct account if I could. --------------------

I agree. It's the best way to trade the alsi. Trade the spot price with minimal costs.

I've dealt with "market makers" when once trading share options. I discovered how sheep feel in the shearing season and now avoid them like the plague. 

#21873 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Putin-laughing-at-serious-steps-meme.png

#21874 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

God ..howzit i trade the alsi future...swordfish. markets seem to 'aggregate' at strange numbers. --------------------- what is this story you guys trade a with a market maker for alsi?? just open your own alsi account and trade direct....huh or am I missing something?? ----------------- yes for offshore we trade market-makers...but I would not choose this voluntarily...i would open a direct account if I could. --------------------

#21875 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

A close of last Thursday gap to give this dog a bone.

Woof!

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#21876 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Zoomed do you use the top 40 cash?

#21877 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

right gap closed and my high reached 42264...7 points out.. will it go higher? doubt it

#21878 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

no that's it jakes its a ridiculous thing we study in finance...a future instruments carries a quarterly amount of interest implied in the contract... hear what I said though the new alsi contract will always be at the closeout level of the old contract the very next day/or 2. dinkum

#21879 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hi Jakes,

Need to understand here, so is the premium on the June contract there because of the March price plus interest?

Can you explain how this interest gets calculated?

zoomer, what did you use to determine the high of 42237...42257. I was thinking it should reach 42330 ;-)

Alsi future contract is leveraged, so you lend money to buy the contract in essence, so the price of the new contract includes this interest for having it for 3 months.

I dont know why, but I think this is calculated by the time value of money, discounted by the inflation rate? help Zoomer.

Alsi future

#21880 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

gringo firstly it's the interest rate x 1 quarter (for a period of one contract) what did I use....for the high 42337? I tapped the aether.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting