I only post my views, not advice

#21882 gringots

gringots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Most guys here trade through market makers, so they are not aware of the interest at the start of the new contract.

Hi Jakes,

Need to understand here, so is the premium on the June contract there because of the March price plus interest?

Can you explain how this interest gets calculated?

zoomer, what did you use to determine the high of 42237...42257. I was thinking it should reach 42330 ;-)

"Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique, of course the ideal situation is to have both, but you really don't need both, because if you have the right attitude the right mindset then everything else about trading will be relatively easy even simple and certainly a lot more fun." - Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone.

Don't listen to me, I'm a market Rookie.

#21883 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

alsi gap still not closed....basis 10 minute chart...so the next high is 42257...I guess...but with the dow testing 16253 again alsi could hit wait for it, wait for it.. 42330.

#21884 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

aaaah that's much better..alsi high 42338...out by 1 point....much better man.

#21885 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Short 42150 stop 42600

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#21886 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

right the alsi gap closed?? not really thee gap close at 42221...looks like some big guns want out huh? (damn my high prediction is 23 points out) Ill have a little short punt..on italy dow and alsi fank you derren..just a scalp

#21887 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

"HUH" Euros in Cypriot bank accounts were worth less than euros in say Italy. So there you have two diff currencies in effect. Just my view." -------------------------- Cnn had blown the negative euro - pro dollar pipe for so long it is embarrassing...the euro keeps going up.....stupid CNN/Bloo'per'mberg its a well managed and 20% gold backed currency...but what do I know? But as for your comment above, Jakes you gotta let me think deep and hard about this one for some time.... euro in cyprus worth less than euro in europe....ummmmm okay. It's a trick question. ----------------------------------- anyway let's agree on we have differing opinions or onions... I respect yours.

I think it was Cyprus that had a semi run on the banks, when they closed the banks, so no one could get there money out of Cypriot banks.

Hence, it was worth less than Euros in the rest of the EU, I actually think some of the Russian Cypriot Euro got sold at a discount, just to get there money out of there, so two diff values of Euro.

I think Euro is climbing due to worry of deflation, if Draghi comes out wielding an axe again, the Euro should go down.

But as you said, it's just my opinion and every one has one. That's why there is a market.

Alsi future

#21888 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

like I said the dow hates 16253..let's try again...or the ostrich falls back to earth with a thud.

#21889 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

"HUH" Euros in Cypriot bank accounts were worth less than euros in say Italy. So there you have two diff currencies in effect. Just my view." -------------------------- Cnn had blown the negative euro - pro dollar pipe for so long it is embarrassing...the euro keeps going up.....stupid CNN/Bloo'per'mberg its a well managed and 20% gold backed currency...but what do I know? But as for your comment above, Jakes you gotta let me think deep and hard about this one for some time.... euro in cyprus worth less than euro in europe....ummmmm okay. It's a trick question. ----------------------------------- anyway let's agree on we have differing opinions or onions... I respect yours.

#21890 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

absolutely Jakes they are rolling early...but they are hedging...in my opinion going short the new contract.. and I hear strange stories here about why the new contract trades higher than the old...I am not sure if this confusion is real because everyone should know it's the interest carry - that is it's a value equal to 3 months (1 quarter) at prevailing interest rates/BA inside the new contract in advance. and it's also a fact...the new contract ALWAYS gives this interest/carry value away within one day of closeout...i.e. the new contract will guaranteed be at or below, or having touched the closeout price within one day. Guaranteed. Opinion or onion?

Most guys here trade through market makers, so they are not aware of the interest at the start of the new contract.

Regarding the Euro you mentioned. I think it wont be a player. To much risk involved and seeing what happened in Cypress, the Euro should not even exist anymore.

Euros in Cypriot bank accounts were worth less than euros in say Italy. So there you have two diff currencies in effect.

Just my view.

Alsi future

#21891 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

I believe these markets are heading up to their breakdown channels for a final good bye kiss...big resistance for the dow at 16253.....its channel kiss however i got at 16427

#21892 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

absolutely Jakes they are rolling early...but they are hedging...in my opinion going short the new contract.. and I hear strange stories here about why the new contract trades higher than the old...I am not sure if this confusion is real because everyone should know it's the interest carry - that is it's a value equal to 3 months (1 quarter) at prevailing interest rates/BA inside the new contract in advance. and it's also a fact...the new contract ALWAYS gives this interest/carry value away within one day of closeout...i.e. the new contract will guaranteed be at or below, or having touched the closeout price within one day. Guaranteed. Opinion or onion?

#21893 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

i also said the dow would surprise because the dollar is at risk of hyperinflation/devaluation... dow /russel 2000 stocks will run....ala argentina, but stand still in value with respect to the crosses....but this must not be seen as a world market bull in stocks imo...just an aberration of 130 years of a currency collapse the USD going up in smoke the Yuan/Rouble is the next 'reserve..with a global 'basket' unit including the euro making up the rest of thee reserve basket unit... but the big play is 'Petrogold'!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah mon!!

#21894 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

i see the high for today at 42237...42257...then a retest of 42057/42057... but I did say this bounce would occur and at least this coming gap would closeout...this is closeout action...boys covering...open interest friday was 110 000...now what 90 000.... PS - people ..find love in your hearts...SA is a new place...so should each persons minds be a new place to think. we are going to need love very soon. you won't believe your eyes.

Yes, but have a look @ Jun 2014 contract, >66000 open contracts in it.

So traders just rolling over early.

Alsi future

#21895 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

LOL indeed! :)

LOL

Just wanted to poke some fun.

and

He started it!

I'm done now though.

Back to trading

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#21896 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

i see the high for today at 42237...42257...then a retest of 42057/42057... but I did say this bounce would occur and at least this coming gap would closeout...this is closeout action...boys covering...open interest friday was 110 000...now what 90 000.... PS - people ..find love in your hearts...SA is a new place...so should each persons minds be a new place to think. we are going to need love very soon. you won't believe your eyes.

#21897 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

:D  :D  :D ...you are some guy S!

This is not a peace forum.

#21898 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

For once Jakes: You are not helping (in cleaning up the board for a refocus).

LOL

Just wanted to poke some fun.

and

He started it!

I'm done now though.

Back to trading

Edited by Jakes, 17 March 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Alsi future

#21899 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

For once Jakes: You are not helping (in cleaning up the board for a refocus).

You still short Senusis

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#21900 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

You still short Senusis

Alsi future

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting