35854 replies to this topic

#22121 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

got this funny feeling that we could have a 800 to 1000 point drop tonight, setting up a proper over due bear market...

#22122 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Nikkei is the leading indicator.

Once this flag breaks it over:

picbdd618a5f20cdf2429dfe5c43e90b51f.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22123 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

next stop 41900, Im holding my shorts from 43300

A, looks like your stops going to be taken out

#22124 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

next stop 41900, Im holding my shorts from 43300

#22125 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

HAR AHR HAR, there was a divy today! What?

LOL, IG market dropped almost 100 points! Whoopeee! :) Got it

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22126 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Short 950, 900, 850 and 400. :lol: this is what my face looks like atm.

Very well done.

My maine short came from 700

I closed all my shorts @ +-240

Edited by Jakes, 13 March 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#22127 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Target reached on 1d, now long the next move? Cautiously, yes.

1d chart has a ugly 422xx (IG chart on J200) as a target, but I am also feeling it long.

Edited by Lekkerry, 13 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22128 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

It's crunch time for Ukraine.

With just over two days to go until the Crimea referendum, all the actors are stepping up the diplomacy to a fever pitch in a desperate attempt to talk Putin out of formally annexing the peninsula following results which are well-known in advance will show the population's allegiance to mother Russia. But while the generic rhetoric is well-known, one surprising place of escalation over the past 24 hours has been Germany's Angela Merkel, who for the most part had been willing to stay on the sidelines in the war of words, has suddenly stepped up her own phrasing, and warned Moscow on Thursday that it risked "massive" political and economic damage if it refused to change course on Ukraine, saying Western leaders were united in their readiness to impose sanctions on Russia if necessary.

Reuters reports that the chancellor, using her strongest language since the start of the crisis and removing any suspicion that Germany might seek to avoid a confrontation with President Vladimir Putin, said his actions would lead to "catastrophe" for Ukraine and much more.

"We would not only see it, also as neighbours of Russia, as a threat. And it would not only change the European Union's relationship with Russia," she said in a speech in parliament. "No, this would also cause massive damage to Russia, economically and politically."

Merkel has acknowledged that her efforts to persuade Putin to negotiate via a "contact group" with the transition government in Kiev - which he accuses of ousting Russian-backed president Viktor Yanukovich unlawfully - have failed and time is running out.

"To be absoultely clear, none of us want it to come to such measures but we are all ready and determined to if they are unavoidable," said Merkel.

Germany receives over a third of its gas and oil from Russia and over 6,000 German firms are active there. A poll last week showed that a majority of Germans oppose sanctions against Russia. So is Merkel doing the Western thing, and bluffing in a last-ditch effort to convince Putin she isn't, or does Putin still believe he has all the trump cards, and can bring the German economy to a crawl if Merkel acts out on her threat? We will known as soon as Sunday night.

Elsewhere, John Kerry headed out to London for some last ditch Russia talks on Ukraine. Expect this "effort" too to lead exactly nowhere.

In the meantime, Russia's response is well known, which is more of the same - and the Russian Ministry of Defense made it quite clear what the next steps are when it announced that the large-scale maneuvers near the Ukraine border now involve some 8,500 troops, 270 tanks and 180 APCs. 

The by Monday the rand will be toilet paper if a war breaks out. The ALSI will selloff 1000points.

Technicals and fundamentals wont solve any trading. Geo-political risk is controling the market.

It's a bit like gambling now

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22129 Guest_Dentarg_*

Guest_Dentarg_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Yep, going through a bit of a dry spell here.  ATM sitting with a long at 42400 stop 42185

#22130 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Taken some profit @ 42355

Back in full short @ 42390

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22131 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Back in full short @ 42390

Go you good thing.

Closed some @ 42285

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#22132 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

looks like bulls are seriously loosing this battle.......

short 42275

#22133 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

bears had the day bulls shall end it

looks like bulls are seriously loosing this battle.......

#22134 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

them thar bulls in that thar cattle car going to break something ifun they keep it up

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#22135 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

bears had the day bulls shall end it

#22136 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

The man (or girl) is not having much success in trading atm, me thinks. he goes long, market turns south, he goes short, market turns north.

:huh: huh

#22137 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

what happens if I'm still holding ALSI after March 14? does it roll over or what? NB. I only started trading futures this year

Call your broker.

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22138 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Jakes,
I can easily put an end to your glory simply by opening a short position. I am willing to bet on it!

:huh: huh

#22139 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

I am wondering if it is that good news is not celebrated, or is good news and bad news simultaneously creating a lull, so to say. I still however favour a long, current environment remains.

Strange how fast sentiment can change, a couple of days ago we rallied in the face of any bad news out there.

Today, not even good data can bring us up.

I am relishing this hiding the bulls are getting. 

#22140 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

what happens if I'm still holding ALSI after March 14? does it roll over or what? NB. I only started trading futures this year

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting