• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#24601 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Think this is going to be "sell the rally" today.

#24602 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Took long on 24/12/2013 on Top40 40449 IGM. Closed at 41524.... I didn't really but if you did trade it like that it would have been good. 

I took the liberty of writing down this "test" trade at 11h42 on the 24th of December 2013 based on the comments and suggestions of this forum. That "buy the long and go sit on the beach" school.

Well, would have worked. If you went R1000 a point you would have made R1 075 000 by sitting on the beach.... Sick

Wow. What a holiday that would have been. Even R500 a point would have been fantastic.

There is really good comments on this forum which I appreciate, but one should never forget your own strategy. I made that mistake last week when everyone was shorting or trying to short, I sat out and eventually tried to join in which was a mistake. Followed my strategy for a new high and were back in business.

A, you should also have left your screen and go sit on the beach!!!

#24603 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Took long on 24/12/2013 on Top40 40449 IGM. Closed at 41524.... I didn't really but if you did trade it like that it would have been good. 

I took the liberty of writing down this "test" trade at 11h42 on the 24th of December 2013 based on the comments and suggestions of this forum. That "buy the long and go sit on the beach" school.

Well, would have worked. If you went R1000 a point you would have made R1 075 000 by sitting on the beach.... Sick

Need a million ASAP

#24604 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

If she breaks the neckline at 41150 (spot) then the Bears are in full control. H&S target 40350 if that happens...

K

Holding thumbs so we can pick up bargains down below

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#24605 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

If she breaks the neckline at 41150 (spot) then the Bears are in full control. H&S target 40350 if that happens...

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#24606 The Batman

The Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

Volumes are set to pick up this week.

I will trust the price action a bit more once volumes increase.  I think we might get a "sell the rally" opportunity tomorrow maybe.

Don't see how the big dogs can be comfortable accumulating massive stakes at these levels.  That being said, it isn't a straight line down, might be choppy all the way. Lets see what transpires.

May it be a good/profitable week for all!

I think you're right about the volumes. Its scary to have seen such low volumes the last few months. But I believe the market is gonna trend downward especially due to the crappy budget speech most inevitably anticipated in Feb. Im climbing back in after that dip. Till then foreign shares could be a safe haven for now. (Richmond,BATs,SAB)

#24607 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

i have noticed the following on the weekly graph - anyone agree?

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but what does your chart imply?

*edit*  I basically see negative divergence...

It is called triple bullish divergence(mayne someone more experienced here can elaborate). On the weekly macd and rsi each low is higher since Apr/May 2013 with new highs and higher lows.

I agree in the short term its going south, but if this is real we will see new highs. A also called further highs to come.

Sorry Stoch not RSI

Thanks... I do see it yes and share the view.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app
"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#24608 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

It is called triple bullish divergence(mayne someone more experienced here can elaborate). On the weekly macd and rsi each low is higher since Apr/May 2013 with new highs and higher lows.

I agree in the short term its going south, but if this is real we will see new highs. A also called further highs to come.

Sorry Stoch not RSI

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#24609 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

#24610 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Volumes are set to pick up this week.

I will trust the price action a bit more once volumes increase.  I think we might get a "sell the rally" opportunity tomorrow maybe.

Don't see how the big dogs can be comfortable accumulating massive stakes at these levels.  That being said, it isn't a straight line down, might be choppy all the way. Lets see what transpires.

May it be a good/profitable week for all!

#24611 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Edited by AJS, 05 January 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#24612 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

#24613 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

I see a massive h&s on the hour with the left shoulder starting on 10ish am the 31st. Anyone else?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Jip, I see it.  A true test will be a break below 41300 as this looks like a real "thick neck" to this head.

We might just get there it seems and this afterhours.

I will buy you bells.

What's the general feeling out there? Do you guys think we will tank further tonight and will US drop on profit taking? I'm a little worried leaving a short open into the weekend. Think the east might open green on Monday as they''ve fallen quite a bit.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

On IG I see a nice falling wedge in play on the hour graph and currently on 41260ish. Should break down to 200ish and that is the neckline of the h&s and then a 750pip drop I suspect. However saying all of that all my short have been closed with orders in at 41250/200 for Monday. Daily indicators are negative no question so if the above play out we might see 40k at least. Just my 2c.

#24614 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I see a massive h&s on the hour with the left shoulder starting on 10ish am the 31st. Anyone else?

Jip, I see it.  A true test will be a break below 41300 as this looks like a real "thick neck" to this head.

I will buy you bells.

What's the general feeling out there? Do you guys think we will tank further tonight and will US drop on profit taking? I'm a little worried leaving a short open into the weekend. Think the east might open green on Monday as they''ve fallen quite a bit.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#24615 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

#24616 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

#24617 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

#24618 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

This is too choppy for me to trade now, I'm not experienced at all and will just loose money if I try trade here.  Need decent volumes again, so hopefully next week will be better.

#24619 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

Bears are closing in and if we close bit further down this weekly reversal candle says it all...watch down below!

Looks like the army have arrived...little too late for me! :angry:

A

Still playing your vision, A! Hope this army that you sent does the job and whacks those bulls all the way to 39500!

If this pans out, you can choose the colour of your Johnny Walker!

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#24620 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

We just need the Rand to go to 10.45 (with overseas indices flat) to see another 400 point drop. HDB was right about the 42k+ move, but I doubt that we will see 42800. A swing up back to ~42100 is a great shorting opportunity imo. Med-term trade.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting