Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

are some bears going to get caught with their pants down again... :P  :P

#25422 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Then it must simply be buying of a bargain and maybe the fact that the other IS good. Pulling back again but I think we will see a nice recovery when US opens. Someone wants to buy at these levels and the US can't drop this much for so long

Agree. But I think US will drop just before open then rally up(if any).

#25423 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Then it must simply be buying of a bargain and maybe the fact that the other IS good. Pulling back again but I think we will see a nice recovery when US opens. Someone wants to buy at these levels and the US can't drop this much for so long

TBO, the US hasn't dropped that much at all yet... Just my take on it. (and I am net long, so I am burning, not short and hopeful! :) )

*edit* net long equities that is.

Edited by AJS, 12 December 2013 - 04:12 PM.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#25424 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

I saw that, but the weekly data is not that significant according to the fed from what I understand.

Need a million ASAP

#25425 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

The jobless claims were worse. That was the original driver for QE according to Big Ben. Thus people see that and think that Taper won't happen just yet. Plus, I think the buying of bargains has started....

I saw that, but the weekly data is not that significant according to the fed from what I understand.

#25426 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

The jobless claims were worse. That was the original driver for QE according to Big Ben. Thus people see that and think that Taper won't happen just yet. Plus, I think the buying of bargains has started....

I agree

#25427 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

anyone please tell me why everyone is all of a sudden moving up. US is green? Good news = bad news according to markets, now I see the opposite. Not that I mind.

The jobs data is not really that signifigant to call for a sudden turnaround?

Need a million ASAP

#25428 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Lets make this easy on us all.

A - tell your chats to move up to around 39600 then back down to 38800 and the bears can have tomorrow down to 38000ish.

What you say?

I just made the call....but think 39600 is pushing it! :D

Attached chart of SPX with possible pattern and target...seasonality calls for down into the 18th/19th Dec!

Looking at the SPX weekly macd once this correction is over we will see new highs to form that negative divergence...!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#25429 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Retail numbers are good

#25430 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

anyone please tell me why everyone is all of a sudden moving up. US is green? Good news = bad news according to markets, now I see the opposite. Not that I mind.

The jobs data is not really that signifigant to call for a sudden turnaround?

#25431 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Mmm looks like the charts are aligning for your possible scenario...short term relief! -_-

A

I am a short term trader!

#25432 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Data out and the crowd goes MILD.....

hahaha. confused much.

#25433 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

I reckon we are in for a little bounce, looking at the charts...

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#25434 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Data out and the crowd goes MILD.....

Need a million ASAP

#25435 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Lets make this easy on us all.

A - tell your chats to move up to around 39600 then back down to 38800 and the bears can have tomorrow down to 38000ish.

What you say?

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#25436 franky

franky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Mmm looks like the charts are aligning for your possible scenario...short term relief! -_-

A

#25437 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

there could be a nice bounce later this afternoon when US retail sales numbers are published

A

"Never never never give up!"

#25438 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I hear you. Case of "buy the rumour sell the fact". But somebody - with a keen interest to do so - must know before hand..... Or at least go to great lengths to find out before hand. Like I said a couple of months ago - it would be easy for a massive multi billion dollar investment fund to slip a couple of thousand to someone in the stats and data office to receive a timely sms from a disposable cell phone....

Very possible. There's always corruption and scandals appearing on a weekly basis.

Tapering can just start already, cause I for one is tired of this speculation. You can only trade day to day, unless you have deep pockets to ride out waves. Like Jakes said this morning, trading and bagging a 100 points a day is very profitable.

#25439 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

J, Remember its not the acutual data, but the speculation that causes this mayhem. 1000 points down, think 500 up is fair enough.

R, I see your point and would agree, but this bear is very strong, so I'm cautious. If you think about it, tapering is supposed to be priced in long time ago already, but yet we see slides on fresh speculation everytime. This is purely speculation, but I think we will still have a santa rally, with or without tapering. Right now markets are running a "buy one get one free" discount and someone will pick it up.

I hear you. Case of "buy the rumour sell the fact". But somebody - with a keen interest to do so - must know before hand..... Or at least go to great lengths to find out before hand. Like I said a couple of months ago - it would be easy for a massive multi billion dollar investment fund to slip a couple of thousand to someone in the stats and data office to receive a timely sms from a disposable cell phone....

Need a million ASAP

#25440 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

Bad things meaning more red..VIX is climbing as well so volatility will increase!

But Bulls and Santa will make a late second half December appearance, you can bet on the funds not posting the figures as they look now...but needs confirmation for that low before the run back up!

A

Thanks for clarity A.

I agree with you on the second paragraph. Its billions of gains erased. They also like crocodiles waiting to buy more at these low prices.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting