35854 replies to this topic

#25761 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

To trade this market you need great timing, an airtight game plan which you stick to and huge balls.... Sounds like test cricket to me....
Timing this morning sucked....left air valve open on game plan, balls got popped ;)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#25762 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

To trade this market you need great timing, an airtight game plan which you stick to and huge balls....

Sounds like test cricket to me....

Need a million ASAP

#25763 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

If you look at the chart attached you can see why we bounced...hit the broken downtrend line of last week...and Monday's have a reputation for return moves!

So charts suggest low is in..but let's mr market decide..

Cycles still in the process of bottoming this week so might be why we have not lift off already...but stay tuned! B)

A

Thanks A. I thought we might bounce to 403/405 then dip to 400 before moving up. Right now I'm small long and waiting for market to decide.

S, I hope that breakout does happen.

#25764 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

A, what is your take in terms of charts for this pullback. I can't see us going lower than 39600, cause that would mean further lows. I do have a suspicion that we hit our low this morning and should see a spike up to 400's this afternoon with US open, but not betting on that yet.

And S where are you? You spending your profits on christmas shopping. Lol.

If you look at the chart attached you can see why we bounced...hit the broken downtrend line of last week...and Monday's have a reputation for return moves!

So charts suggest low is in..but let's mr market decide..

Cycles still in the process of bottoming this week so might be why we have not lift off already...but stay tuned! B)

A

"Never never never give up!"

#25765 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

JB, you gave me a fright :unsure:

Welcome back S!! Hopefully with your 100 contracts the markets might start moving up now...

13h00-14h30 breakout is good and going

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#25766 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Welcome back S!! Hopefully with your 100 contracts the markets might start moving up now...

Well FTSE dropped a clean 15 points in 2 seconds. Scary yes. Probably just A and S moving some funds around.....

Need a million ASAP

#25767 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

#25768 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Bought 39715

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#25769 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Taper talk should have sent the markets down on Friday, imo.

Maybe that was just the big guys taking out the stops of the bears. But I do expect the numbers we had in US should pull us down as tapering gets priced in. 

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#25770 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

WTF just happened to the markets. Straight drop down. No mention among the info and data coming out. Anybody know? Did Madiba die again?

Need a million ASAP

#25771 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

A, what is your take in terms of charts for this pullback. I can't see us going lower than 39600, cause that would mean further lows. I do have a suspicion that we hit our low this morning and should see a spike up to 400's this afternoon with US open, but not betting on that yet.

Agreed. I think the dip is done for the day. Europe didn't fall that far and is current drifting sideways. Guess US will give direction this afternoon.

Need a million ASAP

#25772 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

#25773 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Today still has many hours to it. I am a tad cautious of jumping in just yet. I will be comfortable with a long once we breach 39870/90 again.

I agree L. I'm also cautious atm, but I think we will end of where we started today. Around 41000, but I'll also only enter at the level you posted. 

#25774 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Today still has many hours to it. I am a tad cautious of jumping in just yet. I will be comfortable with a long once we breach 39870/90 again.

Today is good to buy, tomorrow we recover, Wednesday&Thursday&Friday we enjoy the Bull ride ;)

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#25775 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Earlier this morning I thought about previous occasions where the ALSI decided on a Monday to take the opposite route, whist all expectations were to the other direction. Well, there we have it....previously it burnt me...today again....

Damn shame P. Also took a knock this morning with that big drop. You just have to wait and see what it decided before jumping in or you must have deep pockets. One could have made a week's proft in this 1 hour if you had it correct. But there is still a lot of profit to be made this week I think.

#25776 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Monday is always a tricky day, I actually see this early weakness as bullish, last week we had it other way around!

The 5H macd crossed the 0 line and indicates on good things to come...could be also that she is making an inverted H&S afterall..!

Tomorrow is important and we should resume the trend up...if not something else is at play!

Still got that positive divergence on the dailies that is bullish too!

A

Today is good to buy, tomorrow we recover, Wednesday&Thursday&Friday we enjoy the Bull ride ;)

#25777 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

This pull back to retest the break out from last Friday is a good buying area...buying cautiously with good money management obviously!

#25778 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Earlier this morning I thought about previous occasions where the ALSI decided on a Monday to take the opposite route, whist all expectations were to the other direction. Well, there we have it....previously it burnt me...today again....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#25779 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Monday is always a tricky day, I actually see this early weakness as bullish, last week we had it other way around!

The 5H macd crossed the 0 line and indicates on good things to come...could be also that she is making an inverted H&S afterall..!

Tomorrow is important and we should resume the trend up...if not something else is at play!

A

Thanks A. Post as always appreciated. Alsi's been very volatile since Friday afternoon. 300 points in less than 30 minutes.

I'm first on the lookout to see the action. My gut tells me long, but my SL was hit with that spike this morning.

#25780 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

A

"Never never never give up!"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting