Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

A Roodebergie is quite fine!

Did not hear much about the Chinese developments. Wonder what the east will do tomorrow....

I went Short at 49750. With 300 points or so S/L

IG SA40

#27842 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

As long as it is a merlot, or a Cabernet Sauvignon, and blend or the previous, or any other red variety :) :)

Roodeberg actually. Sunesis and Sunesis..let them battle it out on their own.

A Roodebergie is quite fine!

Did not hear much about the Chinese developments. Wonder what the east will do tomorrow....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#27843 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

As long as it is a merlot, or a Cabernet Sauvignon, and blend or the previous, or any other red variety :) :)

Roodeberg actually. Sunesis and Sunesis..let them battle it out on their own.

IG SA40

#27844 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

The S&P is quite down. On dailies we have tested the BB MA. If we break below the MA, then the bottom BB might be next target. On weeklies we have a short setup. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

S&P strengthening .....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#27845 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

The S&P is quite down. On dailies we have tested the BB MA. If we break below the MA, then the bottom BB might be next target. On weeklies we have a short setup. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

#27846 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Back at that blooming 40460 support line ....again

Sorry, meant 40 640...Note to self: Must not do this stuff while drinking red!

#27847 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

I would say buy right there, drinking and trading is good because you don't have any emotion on any trade.

Drunken Trader

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27848 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

IG SA40

#27849 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

IG SA40

#27850 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well done S. You made 190 .....I lost 107 points. Today was a good example of where a wide S/L margin would have helped. Your range of 500 points was the way to go... :).

I only risk 3% of my account with every trade. That's why i can have 3 longs positions every 100 pips down.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#27851 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

you know something we mere mortals don't? :)

Not at all d. It all looks so soft after the last few days.

IG SA40

#27852 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Bulls still sniffing around for short S/L's tonight but to no avail so far....come on up to 41500....lots of shorts in that vicinity, if you dare. 

you know something we mere mortals don't? :)

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#27853 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Bulls still sniffing around for short S/L's tonight but to no avail so far....come on up to 41500....lots of shorts in that vicinity, if you dare. 

IG SA40

#27854 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Closed my longs from 40650- 40700- 40740 at 40760.

190 points on a tight range day is not bad.

Thank you Mr Market

Well done S. You made 190 .....I lost 107 points. Today was a good example of where a wide S/L margin would have helped. Your range of 500 points was the way to go...:).

#27855 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hi S,

Check out www.marketoracle.co.uk, I follow Tony Caldaro, Andre Gratian and Jack Steiman published articles/analysis, but just as information but they are quite good!

A

Thanks A.

IG SA40

#27856 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

MOM AND POP ARE BACK

Five years ago millions of Americans had their IRA’s wiped out by the bursting real estate bubble. Many of those people vowed Wall Street had burned them for the last time and they would find other places to invest their money.

Quite a few of them caught the Gold bug and did well until last year when the glitter vanished. Those who waited until they were sure Gold was going to $2500 before they bought got another black eye, as prices have retreated more than one third in the past year.

Others decided soft commodities were the way to go. They bought the Grains, Coffee, Cotton and other commodities that could only go up in price because the demand in emerging countries ensured the price could never go down again. They did ok too, until last year, when many of those markets lost 50% of their value.

Many more sought refuge in the energy markets, only to find out those could also fluctuate in price, and with the glut of natural gas and the US production of energy from the shale fields, they also got hammered.

Finally they went to the safest investment for the past quarter century, US bonds. They have given investors a return of over 8% a year during that time and certainly could produce the yield they needed. Unfortunately even that investment proved it too could turn sour and in fact for the past two years has been a loser.

After being disillusioned in other investments they now have decided it is safe to trust Wall Street again!

When Warren Buffett and the other Titans of Wall Street were buying the market near the bottom Mom and Pop were “puking” out their hard earned money into their hands. Now after the broad market has rallied over 160% during the past five years they know it’s time to pull the trigger and get on board for the “Real Bull” that is sure to follow lower unemployment and predicated growth.

The past three months have seen the greatest move of money into mutual funds since the summer of 2004. More and more small investors are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. They have seen the market average more than 10% annually since 2009 and they now know there can only be blue skies ahead.

I hope they’re right, but the numbers tell another tune.

Anytime small investor confidence gets over the long-term average of 39% it is usually a danger sign for the pros. Last week a poll released by the American Association of Individual Investors showed that 45% of all small investors feel confident it is now the right time to invest in stocks, the last time that it was this high was… you guessed it, the great crash  of 2008!

#27857 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hi S, do you foresee anymore upside until US close or does cashing out now seem like the best plan? In from 40590.

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#27858 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Closed my longs from 40650- 40700- 40740 at 40760.

190 points on a tight range day is not bad.

Thank you Mr Market

#27859 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

From ADMIN

Dear ShareChat
We are looking into the issue but unfortunately it is taking longer than expected!! We do apologize for the frustration!!!

#27860 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi S,

Check out www.marketoracle.co.uk, I follow Tony Caldaro, Andre Gratian and Jack Steiman published articles/analysis, but just as information but they are quite good!

A

It's some good reading. It's always good to read what bulls and bears write, then make up your own mind afterwards.

I see the 40600-40900 range is still in play.

As i said in the morning that long closer to 40600 is best and short close to 40900 is best.

But you know which direction i prefer

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting