35854 replies to this topic

#28001 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

attached 1hr chart, still short with a stop loss with 300 point profit will run it out,

#28002 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

David, only the naive can be sure in this game-  you line it up on an educated guess and intuition from experience - and the human in us hopes, which ,sure does nothing to the trade outcome if you are a disciplined trader.

the market have been accused of being complacent lately - so who sold off? not the complacent holders therefore - algos? short term opportunist bulls and bears? traders like me trying to outsmart the system? I cant see any  clear headline catalyst for today’s selloff and it appeared to be mostly herd induced selling, which can of course be start of bigger sell off - had to close that long from last night and my first next try for another long is S&P 1640/35 If yoy are a bull only or a bear only then you are not a true trader, a true trader is able to identify a long or a short and take advantage of it, for examble, this week had 6 longs and 4 shorts all winners, as did not guess, playing 10 minis at a time

David you u right, if u guessing you are gambling, If u hopeing you will lose money, If you are a bull only or a bear only then you are not a true trader, a true trader is able to identify a long or a short and take advantage of it, for examble, this week had 6 longs and 4 shorts already all winners, as did not guess, playing 5 to10 minis at a time. only using technicals. for a specific indicies which trading, not playing sa40 and comparing to wall street etc

#28003 Tech Trader

Tech Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCenturion

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

David, only the naive can be sure in this game-  you line it up on an educated guess and intuition from experience - and the human in us hopes, which ,sure does nothing to the trade outcome if you are a disciplined trader.

the market have been accused of being complacent lately - so who sold off? not the complacent holders therefore - algos? short term opportunist bulls and bears? traders like me trying to outsmart the system? I cant see any  clear headline catalyst for today’s selloff and it appeared to be mostly herd induced selling, which can of course be start of bigger sell off - had to close that long from last night and my first next try for another long is S&P 1640/35 

Theres no guessing in this game, if guessing u gambling, then you should not be trading, this is just profit taking

#28004 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

Dont hope...be sure!

the market have been accused of being complacent lately - so who sold off? not the complacent holders therefore - algos? short term opportunist bulls and bears? traders like me trying to outsmart the system? I cant see any  clear headline catalyst for today’s selloff and it appeared to be mostly herd induced selling, which can of course be start of bigger sell off - had to close that long from last night and my first next try for another long is S&P 1640/35 

#28005 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I am not trading this red. I will wait for Monday.

China is busy with some big meeting this weekend.

Profit taking with taper on the mind might cause a bigger selloff than expected.

Until i know what is going on, i will not trade this.

Bears can enjoy this.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28006 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Madness.....the redness is overwhelming

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28007 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

No position......and tomorrow is Friday. If the east follows the USA redness, then, together with the fact that it is Friday, we might just see more red.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#28008 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Dont hope...be sure!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#28009 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

The brave keep on trading, i tend to the short side but yes we can just as well rocket tomorrow as market reaction is very strange atm.Great for the guys with balls thaty went short on the spike

IG CASH

#28010 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

long 41093 spot T40 HERE IS HOPING

#28011 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

this is insane...going DOWN DOWN DOWN

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#28012 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hope you're wrong about this one. I have 4 longs riding into the night.

Hope you sleep easy ....

#28013 joker

joker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Looks like the bull party is about to end. Dollar and Japanese Yen very strong now.

Closed my trade for a loss.

Anyway bulls need a break.

Hope you're wrong about this one. I have 4 longs riding into the night.

#28014 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Tally for the day ...

Points for 128. Points against. 0.

#28015 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Long @ 40 273. Why the &)()(&)(),&), are we dropping?

Got out of that one with a green nibble....

#28016 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Looks like the bull party is about to end. Dollar and Japanese Yen very strong now.

Closed my trade for a loss.

Anyway bulls need a break.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#28017 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

but why?

#28018 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm long @ 41330, bounced nicely on 30min support line. Will keep this small long open over night.

Was stoped out of shorts yesterday. Was playing golf.

Very expensive golf game. ai

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#28019 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Like the one "Bulls won the 1st round, lets see the second round..."

But this game sure keeps you on your toes!

Game on!! B)

A

Did you see the selloff on NASDAQ, looks like the selloff is real

#28020 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

NYSE bell rings sales begin for Twitter's $26 a share

ALSI stuck, but i keep my buy from the dip.

Bull and Bear fight again.

Bulls won the 1st round, lets see the second round.

I love this game.

Viva La Bull :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Like the one "Bulls won the 1st round, lets see the second round..."

But this game sure keeps you on your toes!

Game on!! B)

A

"Never never never give up!"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting