35854 replies to this topic

#30941 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol! Let me qualify, in the broader context the bulls climb the stairs.

... At the moment, the stairs seem slippery and laden with bear poo (if I may)!

I reckon now is not a good time to take a position, too many risk(y) factors and as always: More is nog 'n dag!

Thanks Lekkerry. You and gamma always bring us in line...

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30942 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

fabes, on 27 Aug 2013 - 2:20 PM, said:snapback.png

Lekkerry, on 27 Aug 2013 - 2:25 PM, said:snapback.png

SPY down just under 1%...Looks like we priced it all in already but I still favour 400 rather than the 800 level at the moment Either way we will be at one of those levels come before16:00 - CB Consumer Confidence is a biggie as well

Hi Chubby. Are you expecting a rise or drop?

Thanks Chubby. I am with you, but with my experience it's always risky.

#30943 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

fabes, on 27 Aug 2013 - 2:20 PM, said:snapback.png

What's your take guys? Down or up?

took another short... (hopes and prayers...)

Lekkerry, on 27 Aug 2013 - 2:25 PM, said:snapback.png

This is a bull market - bulls climb the stairs - very evidently!

Not much more value I can add right now   ;)

SPY down just under 1%...Looks like we priced it all in already but I still favour 400 rather than the 800 level at the moment Either way we will be at one of those levels come before16:00 - CB Consumer Confidence is a biggie as well

Hi Chubby. Are you expecting a rise or drop?

IG Cash

#30944 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

This is a bull market - bulls climb the stairs - very evidently!

Not much more value I can add right now  ;)

Thanks Lekkerry. You and gamma always bring us in line...

#30945 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

This is a bull market - bulls climb the stairs - very evidently!

Not much more value I can add right now  ;)

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#30946 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Whats your take on the flirt with 38650? It's been kissing for past 10 minutes

Edited by fabes, 27 August 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#30947 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

I want to see what happens when we get to 38650. We almost there and the bounce should be over and then we target 38400-38200 to fill the last of the gaps I spoke about last night

Whats your take on the flirt with 38650? It's been kissing for past 10 minutes

#30948 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

If you have all of the constituents of the top 40 open, and follow them, you will see that "it" and the Alsi are correlated, but not perfectly.

The Alsi future, is actually what traders think the future value of that basket of shares are. So it will rarely be perfectly correlated.

Thanks

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#30949 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

I want to see what happens when we get to 38650. We almost there and the bounce should be over and then we target 38400-38200 to fill the last of the gaps I spoke about last night

Thanks Chubby. I am waiting patiently to see what happens. I doubt we'll push back high up again. (I hope)

#30950 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Nee wat, dis sommer nonsens die! Closed with a 2 points profit; rather going to play poker a bit. This is just frustrating and time consuming; (scalped a few shorts earlier). I anyway don't understand how an index (that's supposedly consisting of 40 different companies) can be driven by technicals and the traders - themselves!?? Surely it's price should be determined by the underlying companies' values themselves only?? - There, just given away my lack of knowledge and experience  :o Don't listen to me, ever; just following the big indices for direction...

If you have all of the constituents of the top 40 open, and follow them, you will see that "it" and the Alsi are correlated, but not perfectly.

The Alsi future, is actually what traders think the future value of that basket of shares are. So it will rarely be perfectly correlated.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#30951 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

There is a lot of headwinds coming up in the next two months as well Voel.

What's your call for today chubby? I'm still short. Cut my put option way too early this morning. was bit nervous after last week's failures and took profit. Do you think we will end below 386 today?

#30952 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Flag target reached. I'm now officially short @38980. Will add to shorts if it goes higher from here.

If it's not Septaper, it will be Octaper. But i'll be really screwed if it's NO-taper!

K

Ok, I chickened out. 400 points in the bag. We might still reach 38100, but better green in my bag than in someone else's account (sorry all the longs!)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#30953 voël

voël

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Lets see what happens after 14:30. I am also waiting to see if the bounce will last.

#30954 voël

voël

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Remember there is a lot of tension in Syria and the UK and US will be the peacekeepers

Trading the old lady is nothing like share trading BBW. She does as she wants to. The index composition maybe be 40 companies BUT there is only about 6 or seven that actually count and is able to notable move the Index. You need a lot of luck and a strategy that works for your trading regime

Nee wat, dis sommer nonsens die! Closed with a 2 points profit; rather going to play poker a bit. This is just frustrating and time consuming; (scalped a few shorts earlier). I anyway don't understand how an index (that's supposedly consisting of 40 different companies) can be driven by technicals and the traders - themselves!?? Surely it's price should be determined by the underlying companies' values themselves only?? - There, just given away my lack of knowledge and experience  :o Don't listen to me, ever; just following the big indices for direction.

#30955 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Trading the old lady is nothing like share trading BBW. She does as she wants to. The index composition maybe be 40 companies BUT there is only about 6 or seven that actually count and is able to notable move the Index. You need a lot of luck and a strategy that works for your trading regime

Thanks; I realise that, yes. That's why I'm mostly listening to you guys! Still doesn't all make sense though  :)  

#30956 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Long at 38530

Keeping a close eye on UK100; finger on trigger

Nee wat, dis sommer nonsens die! Closed with a 2 points profit; rather going to play poker a bit. This is just frustrating and time consuming; (scalped a few shorts earlier). I anyway don't understand how an index (that's supposedly consisting of 40 different companies) can be driven by technicals and the traders - themselves!?? Surely it's price should be determined by the underlying companies' values themselves only?? - There, just given away my lack of knowledge and experience  :o Don't listen to me, ever; just following the big indices for direction...

#30957 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Out of interest Jakes what is your short target?

+- 38 000

Alsi future

#30958 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Long at 38530

Keeping a close eye on UK100; finger on trigger

Edited by BBW, 27 August 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#30959 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

I might be talking my book, but I think we could see a bit of a bounce, but then down further in afternoon trade.

Alsi future

#30960 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Happiness for Jake and all, but it seems to be bottoming out, yes?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting