#31921 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Jakes, I contacted Multichoice to find out what happened to Bloomberg channel. It seems there must have been many complaints. Multichoice contacted me this morning to say that they have reversed their decision and that Bloomberg channel is back again. Ja mense, dit help om te kla!

IG SA40

#31922 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

With us being up more than 4% for the week there is some profit taking on the horizon, methinks. The drop should start in Asia Monday, and spread across the globe like SARS (the virus, not Gordhan's place!) Got in short @36200, which is a bit lower than I had hoped. Target should be the gap at 35200-ish, but I haven't got the sitting tight thing wrapped up yet. Miskien ry ek hom tot heel onder hierdie keer [Afrikaans]

karlwynv, if I should trust my newly acquired trading skill, then this is where the longs stop and a short begins. Far from 600-level, but the chart is about to speak.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#31923 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

as we stand at 16.55 friday.... the 1hr, 5hr and daily charts not looking bullish at all!!!

#31924 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

karlwynv, if I should trust my newly acquired trading skill, then this is where the longs stop and a short begins. Far from 600-level, but the chart is about to speak.

Hi L, you getting ready to swap?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#31925 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback Shortboy.

Hi L. I also wanted to find this information and went to IG for input. The facility is not available on the Sharenet partnered version of IGM. 

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#31926 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah...we should at least see some profit taking shortly..and if we do we will see if there are any buyers after that

Maybe an opportunity to extract a few of my bucks back from the longs who took them Wednesday morning 

IG SA40

#31927 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I am not so convinced we are going to go up with US open. US futures are slightly red and it is Friday. I wouldn't be long yet. Will wait until 16h00 or 16h30 to see directon once US settles.
Need a million ASAP

#31928 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

looking at dailies it has taken us the past 14 days so far in attempt to recoup the losses over 4 days(may 19 - 24)... we're going up today but i'm scared of the pace when she falls...

#31929 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Trend is up for now so no use fighting it, think might see some red Monday if China data disappoint but think earning season will keep her up till month end, Aug we should see some decent down action again!

Thing is usually Emerging markets stabilise in the second half (while US could correct more) of the year and volatility comes down, had a huge spike as of late!

A

And about to get a bullish cross on the 5H chart, so nothing bearish at the moment!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#31930 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

IGMers, some of you referred to the ability to see how many CFD contracts (ALSI Top40 and Futures) are active on the platform at a given moment. Where / how do I view that, if you'd please?

Hi L. I also wanted to find this information and went to IG for input. The facility is not available on the Sharenet partnered version of IGM. 

IG SA40

#31931 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Argento what is your trader buddies saying,market going higher with Us market or are we gonna see a fall????

Trend is up for now so no use fighting it, think might see some red Monday if China data disappoint but think earning season will keep her up till month end, Aug we should see some decent down action again!

Thing is usually Emerging markets stabilise in the second half (while US could correct more) of the year and volatility comes down, had a huge spike as of late!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#31932 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm so confident of the long I am going to leave my long open, without a stop, and my weekend starts now.

Cheers everyone.

See you Monday.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#31933 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Argento what is your trader buddies saying,market going higher with Us market or are we gonna see a fall????

IG CASH

#31934 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

IGMers, some of you referred to the ability to see how many CFD contracts (ALSI Top40 and Futures) are active on the platform at a given moment. Where / how do I view that, if you'd please?

#31935 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

yaa, she obviously now waiting for the Americans

Coasting along again

#31936 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ambitious, but do-able. We have a date! ;)

Oh yeah!  :D

[update] I'll meet you at 36650 (J200)!  :)

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#31937 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

15 min chart looking tired.... maybe the sugar rush is wearing off!!!

#31938 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Please let this be true!

I bailed earlier with the little dip....me seriously in a bad mental state at the moment. My 80% profit on my warrants from earlier this year is longggggg gone. I need to get back on a winning streak, otherwise it is tickets. Going to minimize actual trading to perhaps one or two per week, whilst doing some virtual trading and keeping book of success rate with some systems.

Cheers guys...

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#31939 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Oh yeah!  :D

[update] I'll meet you at 36650 (J200)!  :)

Edited by Lekkerry, 12 July 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#31940 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Buddy K, I will gladly meet you there with my longs, we can then trade, my longs for your short!

:D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting