35854 replies to this topic

#31961 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Jakes, I find it even more strange, that all the movement today happened outside normal trading hours...just before 9am and just after 5pm!

Strange thing about today's rally,

the stocks leading us higher, isn't the ones that normally lead us when QE is in play.

Riskier stocks taking a jump.

#31962 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

CHUBBY

I dont know why but i feel the same but looking to go short when we reach 36400. It shot up to 36200 and now pulling back, no fundamental reason that we must go higher, yes qe but as i understand he only said interest rates to remain low as long as it takes.What a trade it will be when we reach 34800 go bears put some ice on the Bulls A..

IG CASH

#31963 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Strange thing about today's rally,

the stocks leading us higher, isn't the ones that normally lead us when QE is in play.

Riskier stocks taking a jump.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#31964 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Looks like this bull got some terpentine up the A

IG CASH

#31965 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

She'll probably come down tomorrow, for a re-test of her previous resistance/near term down trend. There she may just breakdown and condemn us all bulls...or she may then turn up again and shine like the ALSI we've all come to love! :)

Don't hold your breath for a return move. 

Alsi future

#31966 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

She'll probably come down tomorrow, for a re-test of her previous resistance/near term down trend. There she may just breakdown and condemn us all bulls...or she may then turn up again and shine like the ALSI we've all come to love! :)

#31967 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Personally I think its ready to come tumbling down after its balancing act. It gaped up this morning then promptly went flat. The S&P 500 gaped it up and is now flat. Maybe im terribly wrong but unless it starts moving soon its going to become glaringly obvious that its run out of steam or bulls and will take a nasty fall if its to continue up. The market is up for all the wrong reasons. Or not??

I agree completely, up for all the wrong reasons.

But as long as Bernanke is printing, we will keep going higher.

Alsi future

#31968 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Personally I think its ready to come tumbling down after its balancing act. It gaped up this morning then promptly went flat. The S&P 500 gaped it up and is now flat. Maybe im terribly wrong but unless it starts moving soon its going to become glaringly obvious that its run out of steam or bulls and will take a nasty fall if its to continue up. The market is up for all the wrong reasons. Or not??

Edited by Wingnut, 11 July 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#31969 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm probably opening myself up for abuse, but I think we should start climbing now.

Alsi future

#31970 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Run florist, run!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#31971 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Buddy K, I will gladly meet you there with my longs, we can then trade, my longs for your short!

:D

If she breaches 36000 she will reach the March/April highs of around 36400-500, and that's where I will be waiting with my shorts...

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#31972 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hope you are right. Me would have thought longs would be flowery by now.

Still green, so a willing participant then.

I'm holding on to my longs.

#31973 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Also long, and ALSI seems stuck breaching 36000. It is not going up nor down, so my take, when it breaches 36000 just now, it might just get wings.

Any opinions?

JA, wating since 1000 this morning ....ranging to the right in visible band on 5 min....and what happens at US opening? We drop...now pls explain that to me????

Ps

If we did not rise, why would we still go higher today....tomorrow is Friday...

Edited by Plasma, 11 July 2013 - 03:50 PM.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#31974 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

If she breaches 36000 she will reach the March/April highs of around 36400-500, and that's where I will be waiting with my shorts...

Also long, and ALSI seems stuck breaching 36000. It is not going up nor down, so my take, when it breaches 36000 just now, it might just get wings.

Any opinions?

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#31975 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm holding on to my longs.

Alsi future

#31976 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Any opinions?

so literally we haven't moved at all since 9am? (It looks all the movement was infact pre-opening)

...worrying for my longs :(

#31977 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

so literally we haven't moved at all since 9am? (It looks all the movement was infact pre-opening)

...worrying for my longs :(

#31978 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

So are all the Stuart Little's around here feeling a bit sheepish today? (myself included) What now? We join the obviously large herd of bulls back to 37500 or or even 38000, and make like there's nothing wrong?  :huh:

Hmmm, meeee......

I wonder if the high degree of volatility is now going to become less, after B's words last night.....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#31979 Wingnut

Wingnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

So are all the Stuart Little's around here feeling a bit sheepish today? (myself included) What now? We join the obviously large herd of bulls back to 37500 or or even 38000, and make like there's nothing wrong?  :huh:

#31980 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

The addict has received another fix. She will remain high for some time, but inevitably the crash will come. Looking at a level of 36500 to start initiating shorts.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting