i'm picking up more longs in anticipation of next weeks oversold bounce

#35282 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Pipman, I do at times, but please read my disclaimer signature! :D . FWIW, I am learning plenty still and try and ignore the long term trade advice and posts at times, that (the longer term views) confuses me and makes me irresponsibly optimistic on my trades at times - which at times, profits my MM platform more than it does me!

Interesting that you have said that, ie the confusing part. On an intraday basis, it has worked against me on IGM. But ito warrants, has helped a lot. So by the way, the TOPDWA wave has been knocked out yesterday. Got out of that one on Tuesday morning.

Edited by Plasma, 05 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35283 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Pipman, I do at times, but please read my disclaimer signature!  :D . FWIW, I am learning plenty still and try and ignore the long term trade advice and posts at times, that (the longer term views) confuses me and makes me irresponsibly optimistic on my trades at times - which at times, profits my MM platform more than it does me!

Hey Plasma
Thankfully, I exited the 2 longs immediately after the IGM pre open adjustment this morning. Still took a loss however, but just before 2pm went short on anticipated bad US employment data.
I closed a few points up and don't intend subjecting myself to anymore stress with the weekend coming up.

Got an SMS from Argento late yesterday afternoon saying he was traveling back from Mozambique today.
Hope he isn't sitting with a heap of puts.
Mind you, he made a killing Tues thru Thurs.

@Lekkerry
Thanks for that sagely advice.
I think for quite a few of us, we sometimes don't see a clearly defined call and just want to be in a trade for the sake of a "bit of action".
For me this is the case, being impulsive and also having a bit of an addictive nature ( nothing worse than that feeling of being left out).
Clearly dangerous traits, so from Monday I resolve to be more disciplined in my trading .... Lol ... Ok we'll see.
To help a few of us along and also for interest's sake, when you open a trade (or close it), would you post the action on SChat ?
Thanks

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35284 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Well, that was my intention @ 36 500. However, never got to do it. Was going to buy a BIG short.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35285 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35286 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Seems like we are now oscillating around 34 000 IGM.Next set of US data @ 1430 again. Reported that investors are a bit jittery. Will wait for outcome.Pipman, you okay?

Hey Plasma
Thankfully, I exited the 2 longs immediately after the IGM pre open adjustment this morning. Still took a loss however, but just before 2pm went short on anticipated bad US employment data.
I closed a few points up and don't intend subjecting myself to anymore stress with the weekend coming up.

Got an SMS from Argento late yesterday afternoon saying he was traveling back from Mozambique today.
Hope he isn't sitting with a heap of puts.
Mind you, he made a killing Tues thru Thurs.

@Lekkerry
Thanks for that sagely advice.
I think for quite a few of us, we sometimes don't see a clearly defined call and just want to be in a trade for the sake of a "bit of action".
For me this is the case, being impulsive and also having a bit of an addictive nature ( nothing worse than that feeling of being left out).
Clearly dangerous traits, so from Monday I resolve to be more disciplined in my trading .... Lol ... Ok we'll see.
To help a few of us along and also for interest's sake, when you open a trade (or close it), would you post the action on SChat ?
Thanks

#35287 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

#35288 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

#35289 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nope... Not correct.

Bye!

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

#35290 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Nope, picking up the pieces....

#35291 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

#35292 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Looks like it is going to trend to the right......will see

#35293 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Edited by Lekkerry, 05 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#35294 Moneypenny

Moneypenny

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Quick profit on spike, all done for now - have a good weekend all.

#35295 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up Plasma and recooped all losses today :)  :)  :) :)  

#35296 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

Nope, it is reality check.

#35297 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Closed at 33830....

Great that you got that one!!

#35298 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Closed at 33830....

#35299 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

I think the Long feeling is one of "it must go up again.... we are more the 2 000 points down since middle march".

Me going to trade what I see....

#35300 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Entered short ALSI Micro short 33967.....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting