35854 replies to this topic

#35341 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Argento, what if your opinion noted below has come 1 day earlier (yesterday) and +- 800 points off?

Ok, here is my play and reasons:

It is OPEX week in the US and normally the underlying trend persist until friday, so the downtrend will continue until then, the Russell is lagging the SPX bigtime and that means a big whack down in the states are upon us..!

On the TOP40 she is making a huge bearish engulfing candle today that should also lead to a big whack tomorrow into friday and confirm that impulsive move down to end the downphase, that target is 32670 (double top made).

From next week the bulltrend will resume and make new highs, as the resources and retailers will lead, financials was strong through-out this healthy correction saying no end to this bullmarket yet.(Q3 also still in the system)

Thus friday afternoon will be an excellent opportunity to go long and stay long!!!!!

I am now short into friday!

A

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35342 pieterwessels

pieterwessels

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

would love to hear what all of you expect gold to do over the next few months?

#35343 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Darn, missed a beautiful, classical pin formation on 5 min chart.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35344 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi Plasma what does this mean if there is going to be a fourth leg down it could go down even further?? Or is this just a attempt to break through the support?

High BC

On 5 min chart, during a strong bull or bear trend one normally sees 3 to 4 legs. In other words, a number of green candles, with a slight pause and retreat and then another number of green candles, etc (during a bull run). Thereafter a trend reversal can take place, or the market goes into a trading range to the right, and can break up or down etc. This description excludes the formation of triangles, wedges etc that can form during a ranging market.

For me, knowing the expected number of legs, helps with forecasting the kind of position to take, with a perceived level of certainty. It is easy to after the trading day to look at the chart and see all these things, but in the heat of things, not so easy. However, my level of confidence in terms of this increases as my ability to recognize what is happening increases - only through day to day experience and reading and re-reading my sources. And I still have FAR to go.

Having said the above, it does not mean it cannot go down another leg, but it gives an indication that the run might be ending and the market might start ranging to the right or reverse again.

Hope it helps :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35345 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well done C-Orange (your 100 pointer is there)!

Goes to show, trade the charts, not the sentiment or expectation!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35346 ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Went long @33420, let's see if the triple bottom holds, tight stop at 33350

#35347 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hi guys, have any of you found any  validity and probabilistic reliability using Fabionachi analysis? and I mean not just fitting the theory after the fact (all theories can be proven correct when cherry picking the facts and not the time frame). Problem is my fiancial education has been mostly classical stuff and NIL practical trading savvy!

#35348 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Maybe the spike down to 33100 this am at 08:30 paved today's low for us.

#35349 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Third leg down on 5 min chart. Will there be a fourth?

Hi Plasma what does this mean if there is going to be a fourth leg down it could go down even further?? Or is this just a attempt to break through the support?

IG CASH

#35350 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Some strong support @ 33400

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#35351 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Third leg down on 5 min chart. Will there be a fourth?

#35352 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Bagged 141 points on two shorts.

#35353 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

The 200 daily moving average should cap the upside for today, so possible she will consolidate today to head into the final low tomorrow!

VIX is high so don't be fooled by the volatility!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#35354 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nope, not now. Bye short!

Short @ 33350 on J200.

#35355 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Short @ 33350 on J200.

#35356 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Like HDB said, resources holds the key. I would only consider a long when i am reasonably sure of a turnaround in AGL and BIL.

and then it will be a "long term" long :) Currently i am short since 18 March when AGL and BIL broke below the 20EMA.

Thanks

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#35357 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Like HDB said, resources holds the key. I would only consider a long when i am reasonably sure of a turnaround in AGL and BIL.

and then it will be a "long term" long :) Currently i am short since 18 March when AGL and BIL broke below the 20EMA.

Mhlato any insights?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#35358 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

If ALSI J200 breaches 33470-90 (between now and 09:30), then this AM is possibly a green AM - my opinion.

Best will be to wait until 09:30 before you enter a position (in determining the direction). P.s. not everything showed short - all expectations were short, but there were some rosy colored fringes one had to consider.

As i learnt in this forum do not go against the trend. but everything showed short and know heading up. Will trend be up like tuesday and then a heavy pullback. Just some amateurish questions

#35359 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

As i learnt in this forum do not go against the trend. but everything showed short and know heading up. Will trend be up like tuesday and then a heavy pullback. Just some amateurish questions

IG CASH

#35360 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, panic. HEAD FOR THE HILLS! Winnie-the-pooh is upon us!

:ph34r:

Just yanking your chain Jakes, you are still the uber Jakes-the-bear. Me thinks your earlier post is more at play. let's see.

Looks like we might open +- 200 points down.

Panic seems to be setting in.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting