#35401 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hello bmk8546 (we could really do with an easier handle!)  :P

A long at that position is not well placed, yes. Your plan of action really depends on your situation, your account size and how well you read the charts. My opinion (and please read the disclaimer on my account-name signature!):

You have two choices: stay and hope for the best or get out now.

You need to assess your own risk mgmt strat and adhere to it, but If you have the guts and the money (and you believe you need to or want to stick it out), set yourself a SL at +-33480 (J200). This is where ALSI stopped sliding. I do not see much of a support there on my charts, but the fact is ALSI stopped there. You can't bargain too much on the US, as ALSI has only recently started following (again) its trend to a limited degree, so no guarantee ALSI will go up this PM.

My take is still, 33200 (J200) is the next big stop! I might be wrong, but this is my conviction for now (it might change at any moment though, as the day progresses) - the alternative is 33700, which should catapult ALSI back to 34000 this PM

This is not targeted advise, just my opinion.

Thank you very much for your reply, helpful insight

IG CASH

#35402 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Seems like some unconfirmed news about a bomb blast in Israel send markets plunging this morning after they opened?????

Anyone got news on this? If untrue we make a nice reversal up candle later today!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#35403 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Long @ 33806

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#35404 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hello bmk8546 (we could really do with an easier handle!)  :P

A long at that position is not well placed, yes. Your plan of action really depends on your situation, your account size and how well you read the charts. My opinion (and please read the disclaimer on my account-name signature!):

You have two choices: stay and hope for the best or get out now.

You need to assess your own risk mgmt strat and adhere to it, but If you have the guts and the money (and you believe you need to or want to stick it out), set yourself a SL at +-33480 (J200). This is where ALSI stopped sliding. I do not see much of a support there on my charts, but the fact is ALSI stopped there. You can't bargain too much on the US, as ALSI has only recently started following (again) its trend to a limited degree, so no guarantee ALSI will go up this PM.

My take is still, 33200 (J200) is the next big stop! I might be wrong, but this is my conviction for now (it might change at any moment though, as the day progresses) - the alternative is 33700, which should catapult ALSI back to 34000 this PM

This is not targeted advise, just my opinion.

went long at 33660 looks like a mistake, would we see some favour to gold when us market open ,as us futures allso point south .i know this is a very amateurish or even a stupid question but need some help.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35405 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

went long at 33660 looks like a mistake, would we see some favour to gold when us market open ,as us futures allso point south .i know this is a very amateurish or even a stupid question but need some help.

Should ask Argento and Jakes.

I believe the USA will give back some of yesterdays gains since the S&P was up 1.43% same way our market is giving back. But be patient your position can still turn positive. I believe the low is close to 33400

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#35406 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Looks like she is finishing that double top target much sooner than I thought, she is still going down in her downchannel and what we know is she ends these patterns in a very emotional dive, guess it will come when we slice through her 200 moving average around 33623 (Forexpros futures) soon.

If I look at the charts that PF target of the double top and good support comes in at the November low around 32670!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#35407 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Long SA 40 - 33505 looking to scalp 60 points

Out at 33590

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

#35408 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

IG CASH

#35409 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

#35410 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

And out, clearly the bear is loose here!

Gonna sit out for a while

And the winner goes to.....Jakes the bear! :)

A

Thanks. ;)

Alsi future

#35411 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

SA CPI a in @ 1.20%, a little less than estimated, now SARB will prob say there is room for a rate cutt.

Alsi future

#35412 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

he he, this is fun! A SHORT slide!

If I read this correctly, if ALSI breaks 33700ish (J200), the next stop is seemingly 33200. Will consider shorting below 33700 (just-now) then.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35413 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

And out, clearly the bear is loose here!

Gonna sit out for a while

And the winner goes to.....Jakes the bear! :)

A

"Never never never give up!"

#35414 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Ftse really tanking since open.

Alsi future

#35415 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

If I read this correctly, if ALSI breaks 33700ish (J200), the next stop is seemingly 33200. Will consider shorting below 33700 (just-now) then.

Edited by Lekkerry, 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#35416 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Taken some profit @ 33940

Alsi future

#35417 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Oh boy.... this early on, it seems Jakes is in charge of happenings this AM.  :lol:

Looks like it.
Seems gold is the culprit, but let's see what happens just after 10 am.
EU/UK futures green.

#35418 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Oh boy.... this early on, it seems Jakes is in charge of happenings this AM.  :lol:

ther than saying there is a chance ALSI goes up, or there is a chance ALSI goes down, my next best blurb would be:

Scenario 1 (Jake-the-bear): Today was an impulsive buy-the-dip scenario, but the actual dynamics of the sell-off is warranted and come tomorrow,she goes down to the sell-off lows (of yesterday)

Scenario 2 (Argento-the-pitbull): Me thinks the more realistic scenario in play here, tomorrow ALSI goes to 34300, before the next move.

#35419 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

IMF cut SA growth outlook for 2014 from 4.1% to 3.3%

I wonder if that will have an effect on the market.

Alsi future

#35420 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Ok, let's scrap that......I was not aware that an engulfing candle engulfs BOTH body and tails/ shadows of the preceding candle.I thought just the body being engulfed was sufficient.I'm still sitting long though :-) .

Hey Pipman

Thought you were on a tropical island spending the returns of the 50 full contracts you took - taking over 500 points yesterday. :)

Some sources say that the bodies are more important than the tails.

In meeting from 0830. :( Going to miss the action.

No position at the moment.

Success to all!!!

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting