#35661 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hi Lekkerry,

I see the small patterns you are referring to but remember it is also part of a bigger pattern and one needs to be alert when it changes..

Dow made a new high yesterday and the NYMO oscillator issued a buy signal so just be cautious

Markets tend to be strong in earning season months and especially it being April!

I expect a 1400+ points bounce before the next great short opportunity arise

A

Ok, have done some measurements and calcs and the following prevails:

Disclaimer: My observation detailed in quoted post below. It is currently in play and has been for a month and a bit. At any given moment, with the correct thrusting, this pattern may seize to reciprocate  but for now indication are it is intact and well at play.

Next long target, if any: I see not even 200 points (if any), until the above pattern introduces a new drop.

What to do: ... In my case, as I am working towards 100 points per day, I will contemplate a long for a 100 points today, if 09:00 on-wards seems favorable. If not, a short is the better option.

Now to see if this plays out.

"Never never never give up!"

#35662 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm thinking resources may just give the Top40 a nice little leg up today.

#35663 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Ok, have done some measurements and calcs and the following prevails:

Disclaimer: My observation detailed in quoted post below. It is currently in play and has been for a month and a bit. At any given moment, with the correct thrusting, this pattern may seize to reciprocate  but for now indication are it is intact and well at play.

Next long target, if any: I see not even 200 points (if any), until the above pattern introduces a new drop.

What to do: ... In my case, as I am working towards 100 points per day, I will contemplate a long for a 100 points today, if 09:00 on-wards seems favorable. If not, a short is the better option.

Now to see if this plays out.

attachicon.gifTrending.jpg

Sorry boys....

Interesting trend, the past couple of days and weeks, that I am noticing: after ALSI turned for the negative +- Feb / March 2013.

Background: Breaches of the MA (Bollinger Band) into positive (using 1 hour chart) alongside using a standard MACD as a confirmation (where MACD crossed into positive) – at that specific crossing points (since Feb / March) where both BBand and MACD gave a possible BUY signal, such signals were very short-lived, where ALSI gave at most 200 to 400 points gain, then came down for a substantial drop thereafter.

My point: Lower highs galore in play here.

My question and red flag: Will this pattern continue, be careful for going after big swings currently?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35664 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have my prediction-socks on. Don't be alarmed AJ, green is here to stay, today - me thinks. I do however believe there is a cap of 300 odd points, before ALSI turns around again. Will do the exact math a bit later.

So, let ALSI show its colours today!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35665 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Sup you lekker people!

Not going to be fooled by the green across the board, means absolutely nothing for us these days.

Keep it up and make it a good one!

Peace.

:P

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#35666 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

My two p-buddies! ... Har har!
Seriously, Plasma and Pipman, you should see how freaky this pattern is if you draw it from Feb! Uses two basic indicators, but effective ones.

Will replicate your approach.... Need to be on my desktop...cannot on Pad. :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35667 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

My two p-buddies! ... Har har!

Seriously, Plasma and Pipman, you should see how freaky this pattern is if you draw it from Feb! Uses two basic indicators, but effective ones.

#35668 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

:) for now, I am pattern hunting for mysef, so if it helps more than me, great! Let's see if this pattern plays out further, if it does, then the next goal would be to see until when (my take, until ALSI turns uptrend post June or July).

#35669 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Thanks LekkerryGood to have this perspective, will take cognisance. :)

Sorry boys....
  Interesting trend, the past couple of days and weeks, that I am noticing: after ALSI turned for the negative +- Feb / March 2013.
 Background: Breaches of the MA (Bollinger Band) into positive (using 1 hour chart) alongside using a standard MACD as a confirmation (where MACD crossed into positive) – at that specific crossing points (since Feb / March) where both BBand and MACD gave a possible BUY signal, such signals were very short-lived, where ALSI gave at most 200 to 400 points gain, then came down for a substantial drop thereafter.
 My question and red flag: Will this pattern continue, be careful for going after big swings currently?

Yes, thanks Lekkerry, that chart makes interesting reading.

#35670 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Sorry boys....

Thanks Lekkerry

Good to have this perspective, will take cognisance. :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35671 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Attached File  Trending.jpg   53.88KB   94 downloads

Sorry boys....

Edited by Lekkerry, 09 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#35672 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Me too Plasma.
Added to my longs around the close, so half of my positions are nicely in the money.
Dow/SP are well up and futures (US and EU) are also looking good for us longs at this point.
A doesn't get it right every time, but when he does there is invariably lots of blue sky....
Here's hoping.

Glad and happy for you Pipman after the last couple of tough rounds!! Hope it will be sustained into tomorrow. More that 0.3% up ito IG Market figures.

#35673 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

The hammer candle can be either green or red.This is a massive after hours turn to the upside. The rocket is firing Zoner!!!!! Me also have a vested interest. :)

Me too Plasma.
Added to my longs around the close, so half of my positions are nicely in the money.
Dow/SP are well up and futures (US and EU) are also looking good for us longs at this point.
A doesn't get it right every time, but when he does there is invariably lots of blue sky....
Here's hoping.

#35674 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

We are still down for the day, where is the hammer?

The hammer candle can be either green or red.

This is a massive after hours turn to the upside. The rocket is firing Zoner!!!!! Me also have a vested interest. :)

#35675 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

If we end up around here there is a nice bullish hammer on the dailies, should then see green tomorrow! :P

A

We are still down for the day, where is the hammer?

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#35676 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

If we end up around here there is a nice bullish hammer on the dailies, should then see green tomorrow! :P

A

"Never never never give up!"

#35677 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

TOP 40 needs to hold 34580 this week... to stay in the game, above this level would imply false break to downside.... if she fails here double top break will be for real.... which would imply more downside

#35678 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

:wub:

Edited by Hit & Run, 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM.

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

#35679 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Appears to be a North Korean Rocket attached to this cat. Only kicking in now :D   :D

"It's Raining Yen!
Hallelujah! It's Raining Yen!"

Paranoid Android

#35680 Hit & Run

Hit & Run

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBallito

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Appears to be a North Korean Rocket attached to this cat. Only kicking in now :D   :D

Dead cat bounce? You mean with a rocket strapped to it's back!

The mark of a professional, however, sounds like this:

         It is my fault.  I traded this position too large for my account size.

         It is my fault.  I didn’t stick to my own risk parameters.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting