• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#35681 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

If you are playing the bigger swings I don't worry about the 0.5's up and down, it is the 3-5% ones I care about and caught it like last week!

Hasn't made a new low, so distribution still at play!

A

,5 moves in the wrong direction for a couple of days will hurt. I almost think by your post of your last long entries a couple of weeks ago, you know that can hurt.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#35682 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

If you are playing the bigger swings I don't worry about the 0.5's up and down, it is the 3-5% ones I care about and caught it like last week!

Hasn't made a new low, so distribution still at play!

A

Looks to me like we are still heading lower. so short term trend also down.

"Never never never give up!"

#35683 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Following on from my previous post .... In terms of IGM the figures are as follows 36 582 on 8 Feb  - 34 548 on 27 Feb = 2 034.  This divided by 2  = 1 017 and subtracted from 34 548 = 33 531. Submitted by an inexperienced trader - < 10 years experience as per Lekkerry  :P

I do hope I was totally wrong .....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35684 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Don't we all!

:)

but I try to not let that influence my trading

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35685 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

I will say this again, what would we be if we couldn’t take a step back and have a laugh at ourselves?

Just trawled through my graphs again, looking for any justification for being bullish (I need to somehow redeem myself after the long this AM). I had to laugh when I notices horizontal line upon horizontal line, where I was tracking and tracing any possible support line (most of them is way higher than where ALSI now at!). If only positive sentiment and positive mental attitude could push ALSI!

It would seem Jakes and his bears are firmly in control now, atm. Well done Jakes! ALSI is moeg, me too!

Thanks Lekkery.

I am a bear yes (My long term view is that we are way to high), but I try to not let that influence my trading, and try to just follow the trend.

Alsi future

#35686 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Last week was what they call a "wash-out" and usually signals the end of a downphase.

Sure, the ALSI is licking its wounds after last week but on the dailies we are very oversold and she is building for that bounce.

Earning months is usually strong, so I'm feeling relaxed with my longs!

Intermediate trend is down but short term trend is now up, she goes down in waves and very much playable!

A

Looks to me like we are still heading lower. so short term trend also down.

Alsi future

#35687 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I will say this again, what would we be if we couldn’t take a step back and have a laugh at ourselves?

Just trawled through my graphs again, looking for any justification for being bullish (I need to somehow redeem myself after the long this AM). I had to laugh when I notices horizontal line upon horizontal line, where I was tracking and tracing any possible support line (most of them is way higher than where ALSI now at!). If only positive sentiment and positive mental attitude could push ALSI!

It would seem Jakes and his bears are firmly in control now, atm. Well done Jakes! ALSI is moeg, me too!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35688 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Jeez finally I found the thread again! Thought everybody jumped off the building after Friday...

Thanks for the laugh, needed it .....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35689 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Last week was what they call a "wash-out" and usually signals the end of a downphase.

Sure, the ALSI is licking its wounds after last week but on the dailies we are very oversold and she is building for that bounce.

Intermediate trend is down but short term trend is now up, she goes down in waves and very much playable!

A

But how far down do you think it is goiing to drop things looking bad with my long at 34050

IG CASH

#35690 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

:(  to you now.

Help......

#35691 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Jeez finally I found the thread again! Thought everybody jumped off the building after Friday...
Need a million ASAP

#35692 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Getting concerned about TOPDWO. KNOCKOUT level is 33 500 :(

Help......

#35693 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Getting concerned about TOPDWO. KNOCKOUT level is 33 500 :(

#35694 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

A

Washout and Wipeout! Busy picking my entrails up along the beaten path... only left with resources now so they better start heading up!

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#35695 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

A

It can just keep going like this for another 1000+ points, I'll stick to the trend, if it shows it has turned, I will go long.

Also, some short term support has just been broken on the 30 min chart.

"Never never never give up!"

#35696 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

i can't call the precise turn but can safely say the risk/reward is now leaning the other way. meaning she fell faster and a little further than she should have, so more risky if you short at this point in time than long.... especially resources 

It can just keep going like this for another 1000+ points, I'll stick to the trend, if it shows it has turned, I will go long.

Also, some short term support has just been broken on the 30 min chart.

Alsi future

#35697 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

When do you see the bounce though?

Turn around Tuesday? LoL

i can't call the precise turn but can safely say the risk/reward is now leaning the other way. meaning she fell faster and a little further than she should have, so more risky if you short at this point in time than long.... especially resources 

#35698 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'll rather stick to the trend thanks.

Alsi future

#35699 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Here is the deal: I'll start the buy-trend! I'll be first... going looong! ... or not!

<sigh>

Turn around Tuesday? LoL

#35700 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm with you 100% A.... gonna get a cracker of a bounce!! 

Turn around Tuesday? LoL

Alsi future

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting